My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Geats 27 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Ratings for last week's episode: 4.1 of 5 stars (10 votes)

Man can gardner guy scream lol

Okay, the gamemaster clearly has more power than he's letting on if the belt can do that

That's a very interested way of holding a sword, Keiwa. Ooh, Nago seems a little better

Where did all these Jamato come from? Did the babies grow up?

LOL, all that effort to dress up Nago in old attire and she transforms

LOL, did they read my comments last week? Buffa did some Jamato kicks

Niramu, why are you sitting there. In fact, why do you ever leave your extra dimension base wherever the DGP base is kept

All this effort to have an ancient setting and they just transform. I mean it makes sense, but why have the warring states setup ?

Did Geats not kill any of them?

lol Beroba did the thing

Keiwa and Neon didn't know about the powerup? That seems kind of wild

Huh, that preview...
Neon is in fancy lady mode

Ziin is in detective mode. That's kind of fun, and I always like it when they remove Geats from the main character role for a bit

Oh hey Tsumuri is getting in on the fighting. But again, why are they just walking outside the safety of their dimensional foretress

LOl, the bored look Ace gives while Ziin explains things

This answer feels too easy, I hope Ace isn't really a reincarnated guy

Neon has another outfit again. Neon and her ghost boyfriend

Nice dynamic camera during Ziin's fight.

I can't help but keep thinking of Connie's theory that Ziin is another Ace. If so, then he'd be the last one, so we'd get a satisfactory A-Z deal

Nice, Beroba gets a proper transformation

Oh neat extra functions for the visoin driver
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Re: KR Geats 27 discussion thread

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

unless it's a long con and he's fooling himself for some reason, my theory seems even less likely then when I made it up, since it seems Ziin's implying Ace retains his memories as he reincarnates, so why wouldn't he remember that when he's Ziin?

unless enough time has passed that he's just lost all his memory or something, I guess.

that said, while the preview for next week says that [redacted] is the result of Ace and Ziin's bond and working together, this is also just barely past the halfway point, so there's plenty of time for Ziin to have his image of Ace shattered by the clash between what he's built up in his head vs. what Ace is actually like, and turn on him because of it.

if that happens, we could get an A vs. Z scenario for one of the final fights, possibly because Ace's quest to see his mom clashes against Niramu's desires for how the DGP should be, so Ace ends up an enemy of the DGP as a whole, and Ziin is a die hard DGP fan.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral

Post by takenoko »

Oh yeah, the memory thing. But it feels like the series is conflating two things. Dying and being reborn and losing in the DGP and having your memory reset aren't the same thing. It seems even kind of funny that they're trying to compare them

Oh, and I'm also starting to think Chirami is working for Beroba. It's been hinted before that none of this would be possible if Chirami wasn't as incompetent as he is. But is he really this dumb? It'd be fitting also since he's the one who introduced the Dezastar concept to the games

Edit: I missed Kekera's reply to Keiwa on my initial watch. Pretty funny and meta!
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

ok, having rewatched the episode, I'm now positive Ziin's going to be one of, if not THE, final boss fights for Ace.

Ziin wants to be moved by how Ace lives, or even dies, and butted in at the end because he doesn't want the Jamato to have their way until after he's seen Ace through to the end. considering Niramu said Ziin is, to a degree, the ideal kind of audience member, and Niramu is growing to dislike Ace more and more, I'll be shocked if they aren't antagonists by the end of all this.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

i like how Ace has truly become his own side. like hes kinda the villain, but hes also the hero. Makes sense since hes on his own agenda like every rider in this series, but, now hes even annoyed the guy who he;s trying to protect because he has too much power.
has there ever been more than 1 boost bucket present? and is this to say there's multiple of each buckle?
really looking forward to watch KR each week over SS lately, and ive always been more of a sentai fan.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

midorininger wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:47 am has there ever been more than 1 boost bucket present? and is this to say there's multiple of each buckle?
really looking forward to watch KR each week over SS lately, and ive always been more of a sentai fan.
I don't think so. At the start of the series, Boost Buckle was a special item that only one person had and would leave once you used the finisher? I think the jury is still out on the particular condition for that. Not sure if the show supports this, but I think the implication is that Boost Mark II was formed from Boost Buckles from each of the eras of Ace's "previous lives". But we all really know that he's pulling them from a different dimension, since this is a multiverse story
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

takenoko wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:09 pm
midorininger wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:47 am has there ever been more than 1 boost bucket present? and is this to say there's multiple of each buckle?
I don't think so. At the start of the series, Boost Buckle was a special item that only one person had and would leave once you used the finisher? I think the jury is still out on the particular condition for that. Not sure if the show supports this, but I think the implication is that Boost Mark II was formed from Boost Buckles from each of the eras of Ace's "previous lives". But we all really know that he's pulling them from a different dimension, since this is a multiverse story
the impression I got was "we CAN have multiples of buckles in play, since we get dupes with the Armed buckles sometimes, everyone had Fever Slot, and Ace and Keiwa both had Command at once, we just tend not to in order to keep it varied."

as for how Boost worked, in addition to being usable on its own, it's an enhancer item that ups the power of anything used with it. you CAN retain it, since Ace had it and used it a few weeks in a row at one point (I think at the start of the Desastar arc), but the real power it has is Boost Time, which you have to manually activate for a SUPER power boost, and it leaves after that. if you ONLY use it as a basic form item, and keep to just normal "Strike" and "Victory" attacks, you get to keep it, but "Grand Strike/Victory" uses it up.

and this is just further tying into my theory that Geats' true main buckle is Boost is the fact that when he needed to summon a new power using his past lives, he used Boost to call more Boosts, rather than use Magnum to upgrade from hand gun to military grade fire arms.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

takenoko wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:49 pm This answer feels too easy, I hope Ace isn't really a reincarnated guy
was thinking about it, and there's definitely no way that's what it is. a) because it's still only about halfway through the season, and I feel like "who/what is geats?" is going to end up being one of THE central arcs of the whole show, and b) when confronted with that as a possibility, Ace didn't say yes or no. he only said what he always says when people have theories. "if I said you were right, would you believe me?" which is decidedly not the same thing as giving an answer. especially when he asks that and Ziin says "not only will I believe you, I WANT to believe you." they're definitely setting up Ace's ultimate reveal to be accompanied by "hey, I may have tricked you, but I never actually lied to you. you lied for me."
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Connie_Edogawa wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:48 pm
takenoko wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:49 pm This answer feels too easy, I hope Ace isn't really a reincarnated guy
was thinking about it, and there's definitely no way that's what it is. a) because it's still only about halfway through the season, and I feel like "who/what is geats?" is going to end up being one of THE central arcs of the whole show, and b) when confronted with that as a possibility, Ace didn't say yes or no. he only said what he always says when people have theories. "if I said you were right, would you believe me?" which is decidedly not the same thing as giving an answer. especially when he asks that and Ziin says "not only will I believe you, I WANT to believe you." they're definitely setting up Ace's ultimate reveal to be accompanied by "hey, I may have tricked you, but I never actually lied to you. you lied for me."
Yeah, I noticed that too. What a relief!
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Ancient Roman Ace speaks English, the main language of Ancient Rome.

Wanna bet Ace's mum just left him because she couldn't stand what a self-centered dick he was, and he's spent the last 2000 years moping about it?
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
DreadBringer
Gao
Quote: I am gonna clear this with even with Continues

Post by DreadBringer »

midorininger wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:47 am i like how Ace has truly become his own side. like hes kinda the villain, but hes also the hero. Makes sense since hes on his own agenda like every rider in this series, but, now hes even annoyed the guy who he;s trying to protect because he has too much power.
has there ever been more than 1 boost bucket present? and is this to say there's multiple of each buckle?
Being villainous isn't about pissing other people off (or that being a hero is about being liked by others), because there can be various reasons why people can dislike someone. Niram's the potential main villain of how he's pissed of his schemes being foiled, by Ace, like Girori before. About having own agenda, it depends on how far you'd do to accomplish it.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I'm worried about how many people are changing Niramu's name to Niram. I know it makes it look more like a name, but all their names are just Japanese words, and dropping a u would definitely change the word
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

4 minutes in:

Oh neat, untransformed fighting with the actors! We don't get that very often.
Hey... wait a tick. Untransformed fighting?! We've been Sakamoto'd! :lol:
And sure enough, checking the wiki, Sakamoto was the director for this episode. Every director has their own style, but Sakamoto really does stand out.

By and large, I enjoyed this episode. The idiot ball was unfortunately in play with the gamemaster (again), so that was annoying. But I appreciate that we're getting some more focus on Ace now that the new status quo (the JGP) has been established. At half-way through the series they're clearly not done unraveling has background, but it was time to advance that plot.

The idea that he's being continually reincarnated and retaining his memories is almost being taken too lightly given just how unusual it actually is. But the timeless man certainly makes for an interesting backstory. And it leaves room for a good explanation later on of why he keeps reincarnating.

Though why does Beroba need Glare 2? She already has a rider form (albeit CGI), so we're lacking an explanation as to why she needs another one, especially as her own rider form seems to be stupidly overpowered as it is. (Though production-wise, I get it: she needs a suited form for proper fights)

Oh, and I noticed a typo on the Anon subs at 12:32: "So you seek want to feel his reality?" It's one word too many.
takenoko wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:49 pm Where did all these Jamato come from? Did the babies grow up?
I've been wondering this as well. Didn't Beroba destroy the Jamato greenhouse a few episodes back? They should have a finite supply of Jamato at this point.
All this effort to have an ancient setting and they just transform. I mean it makes sense, but why have the warring states setup ?
With Toei and ancient Japanese settings, it's practically a Chekov's Gun situation: if your characters are dressed up, then you will eventually shoot scenes on Toei's sengoku village set. Surprisingly, it didn't happen in this episode, but that leaves all of next episode to do something.
Oh hey Tsumuri is getting in on the fighting. But again, why are they just walking outside the safety of their dimensional foretress
Right? The gamemaster has no business being anywhere near the Jamato. Neither does the director, but the gamemaster doesn't actually have anything he needs to be doing to justify being down there.
Nice dynamic camera during Ziin's fight.
Sakamoto brings the goods. Though it does have me curious why he's back directing a second block of episodes so soon; typically it seems like if he does two blocks of episodes within KR, those blocks are several months apart. In this case it's barely been 3 months. Not that I'm complaining...
takenoko wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:09 pm
For what it's worth, my read on the situation is that there's only the one boost buckle, and now it's been permanently fused into Boost Mark II. If nothing else, this ensures there aren't two speedy red dudes (or dudettes) running around at the same time.
HowlingSnail wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:27 pm Ancient Roman Ace speaks English, the main language of Ancient Rome.
I get what Toei was going for - to show that OG Ace was in fact a roman and not Japanese - but yeah, it's not even remotely historically accurate. But given that most Japanese know at least some English, I reckon the idea was to have OG Ace calling out for his mother in a foreign language that the audience would understand.

More importantly, this means Ace isn't resurrecting as the same genetic person each time. So he's not even originally Japanese. He's more akin to the Doctor at this point.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Let's face it, if Roman!Ace went around calling "Mater!" the kids would wonder why he was looking for the Pixar truck
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Lunagel wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:14 pm Let's face it, if Roman!Ace went around calling "Mater!" the kids would wonder why he was looking for the Pixar truck
Matar???

>And sure enough, checking the wiki, Sakamoto was the director for this episode. Every director has their own style, but Sakamoto really does stand out.

I don't know if I saw enough thighs, maybe next ep

>he idea that he's being continually reincarnated and retaining his memories is almost being taken too lightly given just how unusual it actually is. But the timeless man certainly makes for an interesting backstory. And it leaves room for a good explanation later on of why he keeps reincarnating.

I mean, Ziin is being an audience stand-in for this theory crafting. I don't know if I've seen anyone else theorize that Ace has advance knowledge because he's been reincarnating since the Roman age, but at least now we can scratch that theory off the board... have that theory confirmed by an in universe character

>Though why does Beroba need Glare 2? She already has a rider form (albeit CGI), so we're lacking an explanation as to why she needs another one, especially as her own rider form seems to be stupidly overpowered as it is. (Though production-wise, I get it: she needs a suited form for proper fights)

Obv the gamemaster belt/weaponry is the best of the best

>Oh, and I noticed a typo on the Anon subs at 12:32: "So you seek want to feel his reality?" It's one word too many.

Oops, guess that's what happens when mixing a bunch of ideas together

> If nothing else, this ensures there aren't two speedy red dudes (or dudettes) running around at the same time.

so no clock up fights?

>More importantly, this means Ace isn't resurrecting as the same genetic person each time. So he's not even originally Japanese. He's more akin to the Doctor at this point.

Hmmm, but one thing about reincarnation that's never made sense to me is that it's pointless if you don't carry your memories forward into your next life? Just to checkmark you've had a variety of different life experiences?

Return to “Kamen Rider Geats”