King-Ohger 03 discussion post

It's good to be the king
Forum rules

King-Ohger Wiki Link

< DonBros |Ohsama Sentai King-Ohger | ??? >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:31 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
47%
☆☆☆☆
33%
☆☆☆
13%
☆☆
7%
No votes

Total votes: 15
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Re: King-Ohger 03 discussion post

Post by resop2 »

If there was ever a Super Sentai female ranger who deserved the full Pretty Cure over the top cinematic flower filled transformation it would have to be Queen Yellow. This show is already spending a King's ransom on CGI, why not use it on a scene that can be reused frequently?

I think a cross over movie with Kiramager would be interesting since they both have doctors and a hacker might be able to frustrate a star gamer.
JumperPrime
Kamen Rider Club
Kamen Rider Club
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Wakana
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Bulletstorm
Quote: Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

Post by JumperPrime »

Mikadius wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:02 pmWhy did the evil commander guy said the treasure were 3 shugods, I thought there were 5 in the legend - the ones guarding each kingdom..? Also, where the heck did this kabuto god come from, was he in the legend?
I'm already confused
Maybe he's not talking about the main Shugods, but ones we haven't seen yet? The image of King-Ohger at the start of the first episode has more bling than the one in the present day. Could be this blinged out, and probably more powerful, form requires adding 3 more Shugods to the formation?
Mikadius
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Mikadius »

JumperPrime wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:04 pm Maybe he's not talking about the main Shugods, but ones we haven't seen yet? The image of King-Ohger at the start of the first episode has more bling than the one in the present day. Could be this blinged out, and probably more powerful, form requires adding 3 more Shugods to the formation?
Maybe! But then we were lead to believe the 5 "core" ones are very cool and special, so it's kinda weird to learn this early in the series there are 3 more special ones. Especially since the 3 have been referred to as just shugods, same as the 5 ones, and not great shugods or prime shugods or something
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I'm enjoying that we get to spend an episode introducing each of the rangers. But I do have to admit that this episode didn't quite click with me. Trying to pass off being selfish a positive thing is a very odd ask; there is a pretty clear line between being self interested and only interested in yourself.

The editing in the ground fights is also bugging me. That they're so short I can deal with, but the rapid cuts are disorienting, especially with all of the CGI effects layered on top. I'm hopeful this is something that will change when they cycle to the next director, though having looked it up, I find it interesting that the same director is handling (at least) the first 4 episodes. I joked earlier that the series has felt like one extended pilot so far, and I'm starting to wonder if I wasn't far off the mark.

It's cool that we're finally getting a proper title sequence, though. I dig it; the song is a real ear worm.:)
takenoko wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:31 pm That's your noble woman laugh? disappointing
Oh, so that's what that was supposed to be...
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

ViRGE wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:19 am
takenoko wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:31 pm That's your noble woman laugh? disappointing
Oh, so that's what that was supposed to be...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW1QY76d-40
Naga from slayers is also great at the laugh
FreeDragon
There are five lights!
There are five lights!

Post by FreeDragon »

Why the subtitle for the transformation doesn't match with sound from the dx box art ?

Ex. Que God become Kuwagata, Tone Boy become Tonbo
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

FreeDragon wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:52 am Why the subtitle for the transformation doesn't match with sound from the dx box art ?

Tone Boy
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

FreeDragon wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:52 am Why the subtitle for the transformation doesn't match with sound from the dx box art ?

What is que god supposed to mean? And tone boy? Sounds like something stupid Toei did again
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Lunagel wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:05 pm

What is que god supposed to mean? And tone boy? Sounds like something stupid Toei did again

Toei made "English" puns for all the bug names, but they're super lame and don't even match the sounds being made. I know I pronounce "god" as gata
FreeDragon
There are five lights!
There are five lights!

Post by FreeDragon »

Que means that or what
FreeDragon
There are five lights!
There are five lights!

Post by FreeDragon »

takenoko wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:30 pm

Toei made "English" puns for all the bug names, but they're super lame and don't even match the sounds being made. I know I pronounce "god" as gata
Will you change the subtitle into this or using the same ?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

FreeDragon wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:06 pm
takenoko wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:30 pm

Will you change the subtitle into this or using the same ?
Yeah I knew about this image, I was being sarcastic (ish, que god means fucking nothing)
We're not subbing Kingohger but if we were I wouldn't use these stupid romanizations. They make no sense in context and they don't even match up pronunciation-wise. You ask any 5 year old what the sword says and they sure as hell ain't gonna say "que god"
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

It's the trifecta of being random, uncool sounding, and inaccurate
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

If you listen carefully, every time they pronounce that pre-henshin jingle, the "Kuwagata" sounds exactly the same as when they pronounce "God Kuwagata" or "Kuwagata Ohger".

Yet they're not naming them "God Qua God" or "Qua God Ohger"

Since the pronunciation didn't change, Toei should stick to it and name them like this. Evidently even they didn't think it's a good idea.
- God Tone Boy / Tone Boy Ohger
- God Hatch It / Hatch It Ohger
- God Pop It On / Pop It On Ohger
- God Come and Kick It / Come and Kick It Ohger

These phases have no relation to the royal/insect theme or their personalities or anything, It's just sounds stupid and random, word play they thinks it's cool to add for no reason.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

So what's the deal with Rainbow Jururira? They've made too big of a deal about it so far for it to be some unimportant item.

Return to “Ohsama Sentai King-Ohger”