King-Ohger 03 discussion post

It's good to be the king
Forum rules

King-Ohger Wiki Link

< DonBros |Ohsama Sentai King-Ohger | ??? >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:31 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
47%
☆☆☆☆
33%
☆☆☆
13%
☆☆
7%
No votes

Total votes: 15
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

King-Ohger 03 discussion post

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Ratings: 4.07 out of 5 (14 votes)

Oh hey, a world tree. And some actual nice camera shots of Earth. Oh thank god, a break from the CGI I find myself- oh nevermind

A yellow mantis looks kinda like a bee

Feels like they got this opening idea from an anime

Oh, I don't think we've seen the kings use their bug parts yet, that's neat

Why are teh bugs shooting each other

Are they at bug holland?

oh, we're getting purple too

Oh no, the peasants are pulling a scam on the queen

Let's see yellow try to avoid trampling flowers as King-Ohger's foot

That's your noble woman laugh? disappointing

lol, making the poop ball into flowers

Cool kick finisher

Wait, the dad didn't know he was in on the scam. What???

Oh, this guy is the tailor? Fine, just wrap everything in a tidy bow

Yeah, what a surprise, the queen isn't selfish after all. She's actually super considerate

How old is Sebastion's actor? Oh he's 62. No makeup needed here (unless they want to show him as his 25 year old self)

LOL, rip everyone standing behind those guys during the God Kabuto attack

Show has pretty fun and thoughtful visuals. I like what they're going for with each of the monarchs having a weird quirk, but I don't feel like the current writing is doing it. Maybe it's fine for kids, but it's pretty cringey stuff as an adult. Not a fatal flaw, but just something that's detracting from the series so far. At only 3 eps in, plenty of time to turn this around

It kind of strikes me at odd to rate this 4/5 stars while also Geats 4/5. But it's not the same 4/5 y'know. Geats got a 4 this week for not hitting that perfect action/drama balance that it can reach sometimes. While this gets a 4 because I enjoyed it, it wasn't great, but it's not meh enough to be a 3. Maybe my rating system is kind of flawed with only 5 data points?

Edit: I can't get the image of Himeno's final form out of my head. A) Because it looks like a fashion show gone wrong scene B) She has injector fingertips on both hands

Even the Scarecrow from Batman only had injector needles in one. How are you supposed to do anything if both hands are covered? How does it benefit you? Are you injecting 10 people in a row?
https://www.prime1studio.com/ak-scarecr ... -18ex.html

Also just noticed the pods to her side open up to reveal a bunch of multi armed droids like Mr. Handy from Fallout or Imperial probe droids
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Re: King-Ohger 03 discussion post

Post by Kurow »

5/5 episode... another cool kingdom.

A slightly different take on the classic princess/queen character but in a very good way. I like her she is beautiful and actually a good queen.

I can't wait to see black and purple kingdoms.
Final Vent!
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

Another great episode. I loved it. The scenes of the pretty stuff of the kingdom was pretty nice. And another character has charmed me into liking them. They're teasing us with Rita's character a lot. They're giving me the impression that Rita could be the wild card of the season. That one creepy/mysterious (depending on the perspective) shot in this episode is so ambiguous. I wasn't even expecting her to be in this episode at all.
takenoko wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:31 pm Feels like they got this opening idea from an anime
I don't care where they got the idea, but I love it. It's a good change from the usual Sentai OP sequences, so I'm on board. One thing that I didn't like is that, the credits for the main 5 in the cast doesn't match with the timing of their appearances. Like, Himeno, Rita and Kaguragi's acting credits appear before the characters appear on the screen. And that's a disappointment. I loved that about the other Sentai openings, that the characters and their acting credit appears in the opening simultaneously.
And in this and a few other ways the opening style looks similar to KR opening sequences. Oh, and the falling scene immediately reminded me of the Gokaiger opening sequence. :lol: :)

If this season so far is to be compared to an anime, then wouldn't it be similar to Gokaiger too? I mean in a sense, Gokaiger was inspired by the One Piece anime and it worked pretty well. No reason why this won't work and turn into a great series.

There is room for improvement, of course. But I have a lot of hope from what I've seen so far. Another 5/5 episode rating from me.
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

The sun rising during a speech always feels so epic.

Ishabaana embracing its cringyness so fully that it crossed the line to awesomeness. I loved everything from the self righteousness of the queen, to the unhinged followers where the butler just casually opening an umbrella to block the water splash, to the dung ball of flowers.

They made a point of showing the grunts uncaringly stepping on the flowers while Kamakiri Ohger purposely avoided the flowers while landing.

God Kuwagata hitting up God Kamakiri then getting slapped in the face is kinda cute.

The Snail Gatling and the Rolling Hammer Pill bug from last week just showed up with no introduction, were they just taking a stroll or something?

Lol the MOTW is a dung beetle. So the enemy are bugs as well? Are they related to the God bugs?

As for the opening, the visuals are so anime-like, but I do not like the song on first hearing. It is however so catchy that it stays in my head and just keeps looping over since the first episode, so I'm sure it'll grow on me eventually..
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>The Snail Gatling and the Rolling Hammer Pill bug from last week just showed up with no introduction, were they just taking a stroll or something?

I thought the rolling hammer was a creation based on the rolypoly monster from episode 1? blue guy told his boyfriend to go analyze it when he first arrived at ??nksopata

The snail was just going by. Apparently the smaller mechs are called guardians

>Lol the MOTW is a dung beetle. So the enemy are bugs as well? Are they related to the God bugs?

The first one was based on a rolypoly and the second is based on a firefly

>As for the opening, the visuals are so anime-like, but I do not like the song on first hearing. It is however so catchy that it stays in my head and just keeps looping over since the first episode, so I'm sure it'll grow on me eventually..

I think the song's been annoying since I first heard it. Hasn't yet grown on me
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Cure Rosetta's butler was called Sebastian too, and she was also the yellow of the team.

She's my favourite, she's like Luka with Ahim's royalty.

Rita's actress must be having fun, 2 episodes now with no appearance, although she's in the preview for next time. I don't mind a staggered approach, honestly. Kyuranger did it and I love that show. This week was the most enjoyable, mostly as I really wasn't keen on last week's CGI techno mess.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Rita was in this episode
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

HowlingSnail wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:34 pm Cure Rosetta's butler was called Sebastian too, and she was also the yellow of the team.
Kuroshitsuji's butler character was Sebastian as well. Apparently in the Heidi anime back in the 70s there was a butler character named Sebastian and it just became a stereotypical butler name in Japan.
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

This episode was watchable. I do like how she just exploded their house for the sole of reason of i being ugly.
The Mecha fights is incredibly beautiful, hell the entire episode was beautiful but still. It just feels so meh to me.

I actually Skipped Episode 2 and have no intentions of returning to watch it. So it still has one more episode. this episode didn't fully earn a strike..
It's just... sigh again SO MEH. This red seems to have the same exact attitude as the previous red.

:/
decade368990
Train man
Favorite series: Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Osaki Ichika and Kudo Mio
Quote: Grow a spine, J.A.R.V.I.S. I got a date. -- Tony Stark

Post by decade368990 »

I want to ask about the Jiimu. Is the letter J supposed to be capitalized or no?
TheDarkApprentice
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by TheDarkApprentice »

I must say that them showing off the kingdoms 1 by 1 is a great idea. We get an insight on all their differences and their respective kings/queens. I am really enjoying the show but I have to say that i somewhat miss the roll call and you know the classic red, blue etc etc designations but I guess that they want to try something different which is cool. All in all a cool episode this week as well.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>This episode was watchable. I do like how she just exploded their house for the sole of reason of i being ugly.

While funny, I want to watch the show that explores the moral nuances. I want to see how the queen reacts to the people who tell her to fuck off for wanting to blow up their house

>I want to ask about the Jiimu. Is the letter J supposed to be capitalized or no?

I guess not, but it's supposed to be an anagram of mushi/bug/insect
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

The house was old and broken so she destroyed and gave the family a newer house. The kid told Gira at the end.
Mikadius
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Mikadius »

Not bad, but I kinda miss the overall excitement and suspense you get from, for example, geats episodes. I guess real action won't pick up until after we've had all the exposition.

Lol'd at that snail just toppling over and falling from the king-kaiser-oh's arm (or what's its name)

I was almost expecting yellow-centric mecha finisher to be a jou-sama stomp (if ya know what I mean). She's even in the leg of mecha

Why did the evil commander guy said the treasure were 3 shugods, I thought there were 5 in the legend - the ones guarding each kingdom..? Also, where the heck did this kabuto god come from, was he in the legend?
I'm already confused

takenoko wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:31 pm Edit: I can't get the image of Himeno's final form out of my head. A) Because it looks like a fashion show gone wrong scene B) She has injector fingertips on both hands
I think those are supposed to be futuristic hand tracking machine interface gloves and they go together with her futuristic visor and those pod robots. IRL there are cutting-edge surgical procedures performed using robotic manipulators controlled by surgeons, so that would be a natural inspiration for portrayal of futuristic surgery
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Mikadius wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:02 pmWhy did the evil commander guy said the treasure were 3 shugods, I thought there were 5 in the legend - the ones guarding each kingdom..? Also, where the heck did this kabuto god come from, was he in the legend?
I'm already confused
We're confused by that as well. Apparently God Kabuto is the third great guardian god (according to the sponsor)?

Return to “Ohsama Sentai King-Ohger”