King-Ohger 03 discussion post

It's good to be the king
Forum rules

King-Ohger Wiki Link

< DonBros |Ohsama Sentai King-Ohger | ??? >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:31 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
47%
☆☆☆☆
33%
☆☆☆
13%
☆☆
7%
No votes

Total votes: 15
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Re: King-Ohger 03 discussion post

Post by Yaiba »

The dung beetle MOTW said let him eat "that" to grow gigantic. I'm betting whatever "that" he ate was related to Rainbow Jururira.

Gira also wore finer clothes and not rags as a kid in that flashback.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

I mean, Toei has a history of romanisations which have fuck all to do with the original katakana. *Cough*Cross-Z*Cough*

So yeah, I fully support ignoring their fuckery.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Yaiba wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:16 am The dung beetle MOTW said let him eat "that" to grow gigantic. I'm betting whatever "that" he ate was related to Rainbow Jururira.
Hmm, that's a good connection that I didn't make before. The Bugnarok were oddly imprecise (if not evasive) about what it was.

Given the bug motif for this season, I'm starting to wonder if this stuff is some kind of expy for royal jelly...
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

ViRGE wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:35 am
Yaiba wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:16 am The dung beetle MOTW said let him eat "that" to grow gigantic. I'm betting whatever "that" he ate was related to Rainbow Jururira.
Hmm, that's a good connection that I didn't make before. The Bugnarok were oddly imprecise (if not evasive) about what it was.

Given the bug motif for this season, I'm starting to wonder if this stuff is some kind of expy for royal jelly...
"jururi" is an onomatopoeia for slurping back excess saliva (because you're drooling). But there's also "jyueki" (tree sap) which could tie into the bug theme again. If he only ate it once at a child it's possible he's mispronouncing it
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

ViRGE wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:31 pm So what's the deal with Rainbow Jururira? They've made too big of a deal about it so far for it to be some unimportant item.
Ep 1 has it as an item box (it's the pic of Gira with the kids)
https://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/king-ohger/story/0001/

レインボージュルリラ
シュゴッダムの児童養護園で暮らす少年ブーンが食べたがっていたもの。どんな食べ物かは不明だが、きっとおいしいに違いない。
"Boon from the Shugoddom orphans wanted to eat this. It's unknown what kind of food this is, but it's probably delicious."

It's just another unsubtle hint that Gira was royalty before becoming a street urchin.
JumperPrime
Kamen Rider Club
Kamen Rider Club
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Wakana
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Bulletstorm
Quote: Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

Post by JumperPrime »

ViRGE wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:31 pm So what's the deal with Rainbow Jururira? They've made too big of a deal about it so far for it to be some unimportant item.
I'm guessing Gira's family was nobility before he was orphaned so young that all he really remembered was the Rainbow Jururira that was his favorite treat.

Return to “Ohsama Sentai King-Ohger”