My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Geats 29 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Ratings for last week's episode: 4.75 of 5 stars (8 votes)

What is Archimedel doing?

I like that Keiwa and Ace hanging out to buy Neon a birthday present. It seems like something Ace would see below him. Nice smile between Ace and Keiwa

Leave it to Buffa to think of a bullfighting game, not realizing people can use it to make fun of him. Truly head no thoughts

We're over halfway through the series. When are Keiwa, Neon, and Buffa going to get second forms?

Heh, Gamemaster actually made me laugh with that thought balloon

What is this building? I feel like I've seen this interior before somewhere

Great! Love Neon figuring out Kyuun's identity

Poor Kyuun, having to meet the father of the girl so early

Ooh, based on some of people's theories, I'm not liking that TimeDad is leaving flowers where his daughter was kidnapped. White flowers... white = death

Ukiyo is dressed pretty smartly today

Interesting that we don't get to hear Beroba's announcement

Well, at least we know why Neon's mom is the way she is. Also, nice job with the naming, since Akari and Neon both mean light

Oh, there's a past Gamemaster in the flashback

I wonder why TimeDad didn't just bring back Akari instead of creating Neon?

So if this happened 11 years ago, then Akari died when she was 8, thus making Neon only actually 11 years old?

I'd love to see more stories with Keiwa and Neon, but I feel like Neon will get over this hurdle next episode
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Re: KR Geats 29 discussion thread

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

aha! I KNEW something was up recently re: Neon's whole deal. nice of the show to actually flesh out characters besides Ace and, to a lesser extent, Michinaga.

also, after Keiwa loses and gets locked up, and team bad guy are all talking, was Beroba saying Archimedel's name the first time it ever got said aloud in this show? I don't recall it ever coming up before.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral

Post by takenoko »

>actually flesh out characters besides Ace and, to a lesser extent, Michinaga.

Is Michinaga fleshed out? The guy's super one-dimensional to me

>also, after Keiwa loses and gets locked up, and team bad guy are all talking, was Beroba saying Archimedel's name the first time it ever got said aloud in this show? I don't recall it ever coming up before.

Indeed! Almost half a series later, we get to hear his name

Also, what a heavy couple of episodes for Geats. Last time we talked about death. This time, we get the death of a young child, which is pretty heavy for a modern Rider show
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

takenoko wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:04 am >actually flesh out characters besides Ace and, to a lesser extent, Michinaga.

Is Michinaga fleshed out? The guy's super one-dimensional to me
that was what I meant by "lesser extent"

he's hardly "fleshed out", but they at least gave him any amount of backstory AND worked off it with later stuff, like having him interact with the Knight Jamato that assumed his friend's appearance.

it's admittedly VERY little fleshing out, but it's more than some characters get. they just as easily could've gone "he lost to Geats in episode 1, hates him for beating him, and just wants to kick his ass" and never do anything more than that.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

takenoko wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:08 pm Well, at least we know why Neon's mom is the way she is. Also, nice job with the naming, since Akari and Neon both mean light
I was going with she's called that as Neo-Akari.

Isn't it kind of weird that he didn't just wish his daughter back? Instead he's got basically a new daughter with a new name.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

"No, you're the bull". Savage, Keiwa.

This is the same hall where Kamen Rider Build and co had their death match against Kamen Rider Rogue.

Archimedel has gone from being menacing creepy to just a comic relief character.

I wish Beraba will die a horrible, horrible death. You don't play with other people's deep trauma, especially not for funnsies. That just crosses the line over to unredeemable, no amount of sob background stories will change that.

Savage fighting by dropping the camera onto the Jamato. I hope Geats kicked that Jamato into the audience booth.
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

That was amazing. Dark and engaging story. Probably Neon's best focus episode so far.

Still hoping for Ace and Neon to end up together. Even more so because they're both (I also think Ace was created by the goddess of creation) existences artificially created by the goddess of creation.
Ace got some nice scenes with both Keiwa and Neon. I love Keiwa, but I'm glad we got so many scenes with just Ace and Neon. Those are always my favorite. Kinda hoping for more of those in the next episode.
takenoko wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:08 pm Heh, Gamemaster actually made me laugh with that thought balloon
CRACKED. ME. UP. :lol: That was the biggest laugh I've had in weeks. Out of all the scenes with Chirami in it, this is my favorite one so far. I was pleasantly surprised by that, not only because there was an actual character shipping Ace and Neon (that thought could be interpreted in more than one ways, and I chose to interpret it like this 8) ) like me, but also because this is one of the only times I've seen such a meta joke in a Toku about romance.
takenoko wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:08 pm Poor Kyuun, having to meet the father of the girl so early
Yeah ... Honestly I thought he had already met before because previously Neon's dad talked like he's acquaintances with Kyuun.
takenoko wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:08 pm Ukiyo is dressed pretty smartly today
Isn't he always dressed smartly? I thought that's a part of his character, he has great fashion sense.
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Thenosa Yechette wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:09 am
takenoko wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:08 pm Ukiyo is dressed pretty smartly today
Isn't he always dressed smartly? I thought that's a part of his character, he has great fashion sense.

Sure, but I liked how coordinated everything was
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

takenoko wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:08 pmI wonder why TimeDad didn't just bring back Akari instead of creating Neon?
I guess that could one of the limits of the Goddess's powers is that she can't bring back the original version of a person so he had the wish to be an idealized version of Akari.

I really do like Geats actually getting angry about Bebora revealing Neon's origin to everyone. Even he loses his cool which makes him even better as a character.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

It would explain why Michinaga didn't just wish for his friend back and instead has been going the nuclear route.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Lunagel wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:45 pm It would explain why Michinaga didn't just wish for his friend back and instead has been going the nuclear route.
That makes a lot of sense, but it'd be nice if that could be said in the show. It makes more sense than the limit "You can't see your mother"
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

.....it just hit me, they've technically been hinting at this since the beginning.

I hadn't seen "Akari" used to mean "light" before, so I checked Google Translate, and, in addition to confirming that to be the real translation, among the suggested similar words was "lamp", so I nodded and went "ok, makes sense. the original daughter was a kind of lamp, and neon is also a kind of lamp, but also the "on" in her name is spelled with "sound" thus the beat buckle." and figured that was me realizing everything.

and then the thought hit me a moment ago "it's not just that neon is also a kind of lamp, it's specifically ARTIFICIAL."
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Connie_Edogawa wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:23 pm and then the thought hit me a moment ago "it's not just that neon is also a kind of lamp, it's specifically ARTIFICIAL."
That's pretty good! I forget that the On kanji in Neon is the one for "sound". She was born to wield the Beat saber

Other notes:
-Akari is written in katakana with no kanji あかり. While it's possible to not have a name written in kanji, it's a little odd if you were born to a mega rich family that'd appear in the news. Sorry, Akari, looks like this world wasn't meant for you!
-Neon's dad is named Kousei. Which is basically "light+holy" 光聖
-Neon's mom is named Irumi (伊瑠美). While the kanji itself isn't that interesting, it is an abbreviated homonym for the Japanese word for "illumination".
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

takenoko wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:40 pm Other notes:
-Akari is written in katakana with no kanji あかり. While it's possible to not have a name written in kanji, it's a little odd if you were born to a mega rich family that'd appear in the news. Sorry, Akari, looks like this world wasn't meant for you!
-Neon's dad is named Kousei. Which is basically "light+holy" 光聖
-Neon's mom is named Irumi (伊瑠美). While the kanji itself isn't that interesting, it is an abbreviated homonym for the Japanese word for "illumination".
oh! so the whole family is themed around light

and the dad is a sponsor for the DGP

because you need light to be able see
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

So Kyuun tries to win Neon's heart by being a Tuxedo Kamen style character, but unfortunately, Neon is a lot smarter than Tsukino Usagi?

The audience members for the DGP really stink, don't they? But, I guess that's par for the course for a reality show. Maybe the punchline will be that Neon was mercilessly heckled when she first started being a live streamer but she fought through the ridicule and eventually won over an audience?

So, Ace lost his mom, Keiwa and Sara lost their parents, and Daddy Big Bucks lost his daughter. Will Keiwa save the day by talking to Beroba and finding out that Beroba turned evil because she tragically lost her brother?

Return to “Kamen Rider Geats”