Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Re: KR Geats 29 discussion thread

Post by Mxylv »

I like it that we jumped from a future person wondering how people in the present live to Kaiwa asking Ace about birthdays in the past; the last episode itself felt like a commentary on how difficult it seems to imagine life without air conditioning, plumbing or (if you're young enough) even the Internet, so it's nice to see that thematic thread in the other's abscense.

Anyway, yikes. That certainly explains why Neon's mom is so viciously overprotective, whether she consciously remembers Akari or not. On the one hand, it sounds ridiculous that the audience are harassing a player for something not even their fault, but on the other hand, some actresses have been harassed for less IRL, so in a way it's the same meta commentary from earlier put in a darker direction. With that said, I feel like there's plenty of potential for a prequel spinoff now--TimeDad gets in, becomes good friends with his rivals Ben and John, and decides after winning to find them and hire them as bodyguards, knowing their fighting abilities better than they do.
Phoenix512 wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:24 pm
takenoko wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:08 pmI wonder why TimeDad didn't just bring back Akari instead of creating Neon?
I guess that could one of the limits of the Goddess's powers is that she can't bring back the original version of a person so he had the wish to be an idealized version of Akari.

I really do like Geats actually getting angry about Bebora revealing Neon's origin to everyone. Even he loses his cool which makes him even better as a character.
I interpreted it as Neon's father being kind of a jerk and thinking, "If I'll rewrite history anyway, why not add 'ideal daughter'?" Even the wish's phrasing feels almost like a lie, as if he were trying to make replacing his daughter equal to bringing his original one back. Definitely some room for interpretation, maybe intentionally.

Definitely agreed on Geats. He's the sort of archetype who's hard to even annoy, so it also drove home how appalling the reveal was if even he lost it
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,

Return to “Kamen Rider Geats”