My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Geats 31 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Ratings for last week's episode: 4.64 of 5 stars (11 votes)

At least the guy didn't cut off his arm? But what did he cut off?

lol, that ramen soba obviously has no broth

Does Keiwa still need to keep his Rider identity secret?

Why is everyone not running from the circles

Oh, Neon's not around?

Been a while since we've seen Niramu eat. LOL, Samasu preventing him from double dipping

Why don't these people go home. Is there a force field up, I guess? Oh right, I forgot the city lifted up

The truth bombs are getting dropped in this episode

Looks like we're getting some good material for a Keiwa episode

Oh, Keiwa, why'd you downgrade to your Ninja form? Having a jetpack is clearly advantageous in this game. Cinema sins: Character making a dumb decision because he needs to fail here

So is that Archimedel or just the Jamato mimicking him?

If this is how DGP actually works, maybe Buffa is right about trying to destroy it? Cue the worst person you know has a good point meme. This is also kind of an interesting lesson for kids about unfairness in general

Well, looks like we're heading to some sort of storyline break. That'll gives us about 20 episodes left to fight the DGP upper management? Man, totally thought this would be a Keiwa arc, but he's already gone by the end of the episode
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Re: KR Geats 31 discussion thread

Post by HowlingSnail »

takenoko wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:45 pmDoes Keiwa still need to keep his Rider identity secret?
I guess not, but it's weird his sister doesn't react at all.

Honestly it's pretty clever of Beruba to set up this system. She's highlighting that the DGP isn't as great as it seems, happily ruining people's lives for entertainment, and the prospect of one person getting their wishes granted.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral

Post by takenoko »

>I guess not, but it's weird his sister doesn't react at all.

So does she remember from the last time he transformed in front of her? I can't remember if they blank victim's memories after the games or not

>Honestly it's pretty clever of Beruba to set up this system. She's highlighting that the DGP isn't as great as it seems, happily ruining people's lives for entertainment, and the prospect of one person getting their wishes granted.

https://clickhole.com/heartbreaking-the ... 825121606/
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

I'm doing my best to not get angry after this episode.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

takenoko wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:02 am So does she remember from the last time he transformed in front of her? I can't remember if they blank victim's memories after the games or not
barring it turning out there's evidence to the contrary that I missed/forgot, I've been assuming that memories just got mass reset after a whole DGP run finishes, since doing after every game is just using extra energy unnecessarily.

that would mean that she'd have had her memories wiped when the previous run ended... except that it didn't. Chirami's belt got stolen and the game got swapped for the JGP.
Gokider
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Gokider »

Connie_Edogawa wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:17 pm
takenoko wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:02 am So does she remember from the last time he transformed in front of her? I can't remember if they blank victim's memories after the games or not
barring it turning out there's evidence to the contrary that I missed/forgot, I've been assuming that memories just got mass reset after a whole DGP run finishes, since doing after every game is just using extra energy unnecessarily.

that would mean that she'd have had her memories wiped when the previous run ended... except that it didn't. Chirami's belt got stolen and the game got swapped for the JGP.
They seem to reset things after each incident and/or Jammer Area for each round as there would be people running around talking about it before the next one.

Even if they did wait until the end of the whole game to reset memories, she saw him transform and remembered their parents' death during the first game he was involved in. Even before the most recent DGP that got interrupted by Beroba's takeover, there was the previous one where he swapped in for someone else after getting his memory back, which didn't end with an actual winner and instead gave the 3 remaining Riders automatic entry into the next one.

Granted, due to the lack of results for any of the games since the first full one shown ended, there hasn't been much talk of that other than the ID Cores restoring memories so it's just presumed that everything's handled so they don't need to worry about the public.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

Gokider wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:06 pm
Connie_Edogawa wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:17 pm

They seem to reset things after each incident and/or Jammer Area for each round as there would be people running around talking about it before the next one.

Even if they did wait until the end of the whole game to reset memories, she saw him transform and remembered their parents' death during the first game he was involved in. Even before the most recent DGP that got interrupted by Beroba's takeover, there was the previous one where he swapped in for someone else after getting his memory back, which didn't end with an actual winner and instead gave the 3 remaining Riders automatic entry into the next one.

Granted, due to the lack of results for any of the games since the first full one shown ended, there hasn't been much talk of that other than the ID Cores restoring memories so it's just presumed that everything's handled so they don't need to worry about the public.
I don't remember which episode it was, so I'll have to go back and check if it was just before/after the JGP started or even back as far as the Dezastar arc, since the game before that was the first one to end without a winner and them just chaining it into the 5-way with Sparrow and Lopo, but I remember Neon's Dad talking to Niramu about how there were a bunch of people asking questions and it was getting harder to cover everything up because they hadn't done a mass memory wipe yet. I think that might've been where I got the impression that memories only reset after the entire Grand Prix run ends in a winner.
Gokider
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Gokider »

Connie_Edogawa wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:21 pm
Gokider wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:06 pm

I don't remember which episode it was, so I'll have to go back and check if it was just before/after the JGP started or even back as far as the Dezastar arc, since the game before that was the first one to end without a winner and them just chaining it into the 5-way with Sparrow and Lopo, but I remember Neon's Dad talking to Niramu about how there were a bunch of people asking questions and it was getting harder to cover everything up because they hadn't done a mass memory wipe yet. I think that might've been where I got the impression that memories only reset after the entire Grand Prix run ends in a winner.
Episode 25, after the JGP got started and apparently 1 in 10 people knew about the Jamato.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

So Keiwa gets offed since Geats is having a fit of "blue screen of death paralysis"? What a hero, not.

Will Geats "Geats up" next episode and destroy the fake goddess of creation and have everyone come back to life?

Will Neon do a video podcast and restore the happiness of everyone?

Will Kermit realize that Keiwa means more to him than the butt of a joke and start helping Keiwa seriously?
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Quote: "Fast means going slowly without interruptions."
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Mighty Action X »

Did anyone noticed that Samas had stopped Niram from double dipping?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral

Post by takenoko »

Mighty Action X wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:33 pm Did anyone noticed that Samas had stopped Niram from double dipping?
I did. That made me laugh lol. Someone has to teach the producer some manners
Mxylv
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

After some discussion on the fixed happiness reveal, my watch party and I and decided it has the same problem a decision-driven multiverse does: what matters? Why help anyone? What's the point of doing anything? Only time will tell if that's just the way things are here; Keiwa certainly seems to disagree with it, but now that he's out of the game, it's too early to say where they'll go with it. Nonetheless, DGP corruption was such a massive story element before the JGP started, so the only reason this feels like a shock is that the crew's having an even bigger problem to deal with first.

I was kind of hoping we'd get the shark Jamato with the gardner's arm sewn on (it'd be a nice, if twisted, parallel to Michinaga's plant hand), but we got one of the Rewia era's strangest deaths yet instead, so we have that. As much as I wish they'd allowed Neon to finish off the Jamato, I can see how they'd want to keep at least one traditional Jamato alive without a garden for new ones. Between Daichi's completely appropriate reaction to that and Michinaga's alliance of convenience with Beroba being stretched about as far as he could go last episode, both seem to be independently realizing just how messed up the rest of the JGP crew are, and are far further than what they'd signed up for. I don't think either is going to have a straight up redemption within the next two episodes, but they now know the kinds of friends they keep, so that's something.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, HwTM, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,

Return to “Kamen Rider Geats”