King-Ohger 08 discussion post

It's good to be the king
Forum rules

King-Ohger Wiki Link

< DonBros |Ohsama Sentai King-Ohger | ??? >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun May 07, 2023 7:07 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
20%
☆☆☆☆
60%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
20%
No votes

Total votes: 10
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

King-Ohger 08 discussion post

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Ratings: 4.13 out of 5 (8 votes)

Good they introduced a villager just to be a jerk to the kids

That's right, you really shouldn't trust lord bee. Everyone know he's a liar and he has no poker face

Speaking of kings, I've been watching The Great recently. It's also about a socipath king and everyone around dealing with his whims

That dude has gear earrings

I might enjoy the kings scheming if I had a better idea of where they really stood with each other. This ambiguety between maybe some are standing with Racles, but maybe it's just an act, and queen mantis and blue guy are manipulating things for their own ends is pretty messy

The stuff about God's Wrath when talking to lord bee might make more sense if we saw how his kingdom was affected by it, rather than reusing footage of the queen's memories

Are t here any adults in this orphanage? Why does that one kid wear all black? Did they run out of peasant clothes?

I like the helmets of the generic soldiers

Why are there six swords for five kingdoms? What amazing swordmanship where we're so zoomed in we can't even see the blades clash

lol, these kings are idiots

What he just straight up used the poison on Yanma?

It's fun seeing the kings in the soldier uniforms

lol, that shot of Gira falling off the cliff is bad

That mech has pink

There were some rough spots, but I feel like that was a pretty entertaining episode. The duel did eventually become pretty good in the second part. But I genuinely don't feel like it mattered if Racles won or not, since the giant monster is just defeated by a random mecha showing up. In this war, did the borderlines move an inch in this episode? Stuff is definitely happening, but I have no sense as to what. Maybe bee guy accomplished some mysterious goals. Who knows? Not the viewer
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Re: King-Ohger 08 discussion post

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

I feel like a safe way to sum up most episodes of this show so far is:

"....I have no idea why most of this episode happened."

"don't worry, we'll find out next episode."

*next episode*

"....I understand last week now, but I have no idea why most of this episode happened."

"don't worry, we'll find out next episode."
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

LOL too true
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

I'm fine with things not getting explain immediately, as long as they get explained eventually.

I find the notion of those four having a zoom meeting behind Raculus' back hilarious. They probably do it regularly too.

Rita really has a good eye for small details. Comes with the job of being a judge.

I'm glad Deznarok decked Kamejimu. He was too chill last week, it'd be really strange if he didn't get mad at losing the Shugods.

Nice choreography this week. They should fight more in the quarry.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

"Now Hennimore it is absolutely vital that you don't mess up these two vials. So one of them is labelled with an "S" to represent Scorpi, and the other will be labelled with an "S" because it will put Gira to sleep. This time Hennimore, you can't possibly screw it up!"

This was probably my favourite episode yet, mostly as I could actually tell what was going on, and also we had some nice scenes shot in a real place instead of in front of a screen.

I spy a loophole. The conditions for victory in the duel are for your opponent to die or surrender. Neither has happened. Gira should be able to show up and claim the duel isn't over.

Is Racles a silver or grey Ranger? Because he looks more grey to me.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Grey would make sense since he's like a prototype ranger

Speaking of which, does it seem like Racles is being set up to not actually be the bad guy? It feels weird because it'd be a twist to a more safe than risky plot line. But part of the reason I was excited about this series was having Gira being the oddball not-king fighting against the bad guy ranger. A good face villain is really important for sentai stories. Like when was the last time we had a villain as good as Enter? (Miss you, Go-Bus)
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

4/5. The story and entire plot to fake Gira's death was just hilarious and bad...

The bugnarok "master of disguise" came out with such stupid idea too.

Racles is definitely going to put out a "I was trying to protect my little brother" story as he missed Gira's vitals and went easy on him. Saving him from being taken and helping him to fake his death.

The only thing that is not predictable yet is why the God mechs act like that and who is the "human" that is controlling them. I don't think is Racles.

I don't like that Kabuki king changes side every 3 fucking seconds and he is just getting annoying at this point.

Plot twist: The fat villager dude with the broom is the main antagonist and the one controlling the gods *Kappa*
Final Vent!
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

takenoko wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 2:56 pm A good face villain is really important for sentai stories. Like when was the last time we had a villain as good as Enter? (Miss you, Go-Bus)
I think they are trying to set Racules up as the villain. That would also explain why they hired an experienced actor with a decent career to play that role. That casting surprised me a lot.
And about the face villains thing, wasn't Yodonna good? I thought everyone liked her? :? :?: I know that Yodonna's a female and not villain, male but I hope you get my point.
And I thought people liked Stacy from Zenkaiger too but that's probably just my assumption.
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Thenosa Yechette wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:40 pm
takenoko wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 2:56 pm A good face villain is really important for sentai stories. Like when was the last time we had a villain as good as Enter? (Miss you, Go-Bus)
I think they are trying to set Racules up as the villain. That would also explain why they hired an experienced actor with a decent career to play that role. That casting surprised me a lot.
And about the face villains thing, wasn't Yodonna good? I thought everyone liked her? :? :?: I know that Yodonna's a female and not villain, male but I hope you get my point.
And I thought people liked Stacy from Zenkaiger too but that's probably just my assumption.
Oh yeah, I liked Yodonna too, but I never really thought of her as the big bad. Stacy was also more a good guy than a villain most the time

Again, I'm starting to feel like Racles is being set up to be a misunderstood anti-hero. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how it feels like the winds are shifting
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

https://twitter.com/SolCaesar/status/16 ... 56/photo/1

Something spoilery from the magazine scans.
Spoiler
Spider Kumonos, a 6th ranger that isn't gold or silver. There is a God.
Seen:
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I really want to like this series. But the constant mystery box nonsense is quickly burning me out. Half of the episodes don't make sense until you watch the next episode, and the other half of the episodes don't make sense at all. I have no clue what any of the characters motivations truly are, save Gira, and this show goes out of its way to keep it that way.

This is Super Sentai, not Lost - it's a bunch of people fighting monsters while wearing spandex and piloting giant robots. It's not supposed to be this complicated.

I do think it's kind of neat that Racles has his own side story. But at least at one episode in, it has the same problem as the series proper: it's just more mysteries. It's hard to enjoy this stuff when it's not clear what the character's true motivations and goals are.
takenoko wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:07 pm I might enjoy the kings scheming if I had a better idea of where they really stood with each other. This ambiguety between maybe some are standing with Racles, but maybe it's just an act, and queen mantis and blue guy are manipulating things for their own ends is pretty messy
Agreed in full. I get that they're not a proper team quite yet. But the longer the Circle of Lies keeps on spinning, the more disorienting things get.
As a big bad? Enter was the last one. Racles has a lot of promise, but as I mentioned an episode or two back, the difference between the two right now is that Racles' plans are never being explained. Whereas with Enter, even when he was working on a scheme, we'd get a bit of exposition at some point where he crows about how pleased he is things went well, or briefed Messiah on the plan, etc. It's hard to tell just how effective Racles is at being a villain, because it's still not clear how he's intending to accomplish his goal of ruling the world.

Yaiba wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:33 am Nice choreography this week. They should fight more in the quarry.
Fight more in the quarry. Fight more in the streets! Fight more anywhere except in front of that blasted green screen. This stunt team is (still) capable of such great fights, but the lack of space to do anything is killing them.

Also, I miss squibs. This series has been especially devoid of them.
Kurow wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:25 pm The bugnarok "master of disguise" came out with such stupid idea too.
I legitimately can't tell if that was a horribly botched plan, or another Racles Ruse.
Mikadius
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Mikadius »

Just mentioning this since nobody else did: those sword were definely making lightsaber noises

Also, anyone has an explanation as to what henshin swords are saying sometimes? Namely, they say something like KU-GARU when red and silver transform and LORUDO OF ZA SHOGH when silver transforms. I know those are subtitled "kuwagata" and "lord of the shugod" (I'm assuming there is an official written source for those lines?) but there are no issues pronouncing other stuff swords say, so why are those so weird :?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I mean the nice thing about Japanese is that it's phonetic so he's basically just saying Kuwagata, but in a weird way

Same with this line, with this being the actual captions from the Japanese airing:
「Lord of the」 「Lord of theLord of the SHUGOD」

I know the toys say Kuwagata is Qua God, but that makes even less sense since that's not what the guy is saying
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

takenoko wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:32 pm I mean the nice thing about Japanese is that it's phonetic so he's basically just saying Kuwagata, but in a weird way

Same with this line, with this being the actual captions from the Japanese airing:
「Lord of the」 「Lord of theLord of the SHUGOD」

I know the toys say Kuwagata is Qua God, but that makes even less sense since that's not what the guy is saying
Worth pointing out that it's the exact same recordings as when the sword says "Kuwagata Ohger", "Tonbo Ohger" etc. So yeah, this "Qua God", "Tone Boy" nonsense is silly.

Disappointingly, the actor seems to say パピロン instead of パピヨン.
Seen:
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Instead of Lost I vote for Twin Peaks.

Return to “Ohsama Sentai King-Ohger”