Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: KR Geats 32 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

NeoBoi22 wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:54 pm Is it just more or is it that you can’t download this week’s commercials? Also, I think Anon made a mistake (I think?) last episode at the beginning were “It’s” misspelled. Not to sound picky 😅
Oops, commercials fixed. In which way was It's misspelled if you remember?
NeoBoi22
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Type: INFP Healer

Post by NeoBoi22 »

takenoko wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:18 pm [quote=NeoBoi22 post_id=290672 time=<a href="tel:1682488481">1682488481</a> user_id=17490]
Is it just more or is it that you can’t download this week’s commercials? Also, I think Anon made a mistake (I think?) last episode at the beginning were “It’s” misspelled. Not to sound picky 😅
Oops, commercials fixed. In which way was It's misspelled if you remember?
[/quote]

If I remember correctly, it was spelled “t’s”? I don’t have my laptop with me that has the episode, but I know it was the first 10 seconds. Again, it’s a bit picky.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Well, shit.:shock:

It was pretty obvious from the previews and the episode title that this would be the end of the current arc. And at 32 episodes in, things weren't going to get better any time soon. But I wasn't expecting things to take quite the nosedive that they did.

Ace obviously isn't dead, so that much is a bit of a red herring. But I wasn't expecting Buffa to actually get his way any time soon.

Past that, I'm a bit bummed (but not wholly surprised) that they've hit the reset button. So all the Jamatos that they've destroyed over the past dozen episodes are back, negating some of the point of those episodes.
Yaiba wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 2:54 am It's 32 episode later and I still don't get what Buffa's deal is. Despite of his big talks about deaths and corruption and shits, he simply just started another game. In the end he just want to rule the world with an iron fist where no one is strong enough to oppose him.
I have to agree with this. Previously he wanted to destroy all the Riders. Then he wanted to destroy the Riders and the DGP. Now he's just remade the DGP and kept the Riders?
takenoko wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:31 pm I recently learned that Beroba's actress just turned 16. So she was 15 this whole time? Crazy
She's 15?! Seriously?! :shock:

She was always a hard read because of all of that makeup. But damn, I missed that one by a mile. That makes the whole power couple thing she has going on with Buffa much, much weirder...
Gotta love Gazer's minimal movements
It goes to show just how much more powerful Gazer is. Geats is going to need an ultimate form here. But at the same time, it kind of undermines the whole previous plot arc of protecting Niramu and his driver, since he's clearly vastly more powerful than anyone else.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

takenoko wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:31 pm I recently learned that Beroba's actress just turned 16. So she was 15 this whole time? Crazy
She was always a hard read because of all of that makeup. But damn, I missed that one by a mile. That makes the whole power couple thing she has going on with Buffa much, much weirder...

It's okay though because she's actually 300 years old. Don't you love it when shows use technicalities to explain creepy things?
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

takenoko wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:14 amShe was always a hard read because of all of that makeup.
I dunno where the source for this is, but I read that she once went home still with her make-up on, and her family didn't recognise her.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Gokider
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Gokider »

takenoko wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:14 am
ViRGE wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:02 am

It's okay though because she's actually 300 years old. Don't you love it when shows use technicalities to explain creepy things?
350 and is the implication that she wanted to be physically a teenager or they just have a different perspective on how humans look in their time?
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Gokider wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:57 pm
takenoko wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:14 am

350 and is the implication that she wanted to be physically a teenager or they just have a different perspective on how humans look in their time?
I assume that's just when she had her aging stopped/slowed. Maybe it's only available for rich people, and that's the point she became rich? Or maybe there's a legal minimum age to have your aging stopped, so people aren't babies for their entire lives?
Seen:
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

HowlingSnail wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:05 am
Gokider wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:57 pm

I assume that's just when she had her aging stopped/slowed. Maybe it's only available for rich people, and that's the point she became rich? Or maybe there's a legal minimum age to have your aging stopped, so people aren't babies for their entire lives?
I thought the whole point of the future people is that they were all completely designed from the moments of their births. They even say they're not humans the way we are and aren't even compatible. Maybe they're like people of light and the corporeal forms are just temporary ones so they can interact with modern people
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

They show how they can change their bodies incredibly easily when Beroba changes her fingerprint to Chirami's. I think it's pretty likely that their forms are just the ones they've chosen for now and don't necessarily reflect the features they were born with.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

But froggy is actually a frog, right?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

takenoko wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:21 amThey even say they're not humans the way we are and aren't even compatible.
I kind of took that to mean everyone is infertile in the future. Sex is just for fun now, nobody does it to reproduce. So probably you couldn't have a baby with them because they've done something to themselves to make it so they can't conceive children.

Honestly I'd like some confirmation as to WHEN exactly they're from. Could be a million years in the future for all we know.
Seen:
Mikadius
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Mikadius »

Sooo, what's Buffas deal? He's literally only talked about destroying all riders the whole time, but then he destroyed all riders and now starts the new game where he will get to destroy the same 3+whatever riders again..? Except now he's buffed (heh) so what he actually wanted was a power fantasy I guess..?
That twist is weird, but I guess we'll get some kind of an explanation in the next episode which will maybe make at least a little bit of sense in context, aside from "gotta make a new game 'couse that's our thing this season"
snowking666
Gao
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Geat
Dreamy: Izu
Favorite Actor?: Sato Takeru
Favorite Band: official 髭男dism
Quote: "If you have the motivation, I don't think anything in this world is imposibble. First, you have to start moving. If you move, something will start."
Type: INFP Healer

Post by snowking666 »

ViRGE wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:02 am She's 15?! Seriously?! :shock:

If it make any better, Beroba & Buffa actor only have a 2 year difference. She is 16 and Buffa actor is only 18 years old.
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

snowking666 wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:07 am
ViRGE wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:02 am She's 15?! Seriously?! :shock:

If it make any better, Beroba & Buffa actor only have a 2 year difference.
Almost 3 year age gap. Michinaga's actor's BD: May 20, 2004. Beroba's actress's BD: April 18, 2007.

And maybe I shouldn't ask this, but you guys are gonna sub the Ornamin C commercials this year too, right?
https://youtu.be/irlB_Vm26Mk
https://youtu.be/dVf2scX2-pk
The second one is CRACKING ME UP. :lol:
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR: