Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Watch out for KR Geats 34 spoilers this week

Post by takenoko »

Apparently someone (Probably Toei themselves?) uploaded episode 34 to TVer and Abema instead of 33 and the leak is out. So watch out for spoilers
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Re: Watch out for KR Geats 34 spoilers this week

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

yikes, someone's in trouble.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Hell, I'm half-impressed that the episode was done in time to be uploaded a week early. I always figured Toei was flying a little closer to the deadline.

In any case, thanks for the heads up. I take it Toei fixed their mistake before anyone had a chance to rip it?
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

ViRGE wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:34 am In any case, thanks for the heads up. I take it Toei fixed their mistake before anyone had a chance to rip it?
It's in the same place as usual for toku.

Wonder if anyone will take the chance to get ahead and sub it.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Not worth it, imo.
decade368990
Train man
Favorite series: Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Osaki Ichika and Kudo Mio
Quote: Grow a spine, J.A.R.V.I.S. I got a date. -- Tony Stark

Post by decade368990 »

It is rare for Toei to be this clumsy.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

HowlingSnail wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 3:08 am
ViRGE wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:34 am In any case, thanks for the heads up. I take it Toei fixed their mistake before anyone had a chance to rip it?
It's in the same place as usual for toku.

Wonder if anyone will take the chance to get ahead and sub it.
that feels a bit like the person who recently got sent "March of the Machine: Aftermath" from Magic: the Gathering by mistake and uploaded their pack opening to youtube, spoiling the ENTIRE set early, and then WotC called the Pinkertons on them.

yes, technically, the stuff is out there to work with and show off, but doing so is a) showing you have access to something you're not supposed to and b) likely to anger the people making it to the point they ensure you can't do that again ever.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Oh yeah, that story is wild. I guess they gave him some cards afterwards, but it's a bit too late since they went with the show of force first
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Quote: "Fast means going slowly without interruptions."
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Mighty Action X »

Already watched it. This part deleted
The whole point of this thread is not to talk about the episode -take
Last edited by Lunagel on Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mxylv
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

Reminds me of when the BBC sent Doctor Who's 2013 discs early, so some of the ones who preordered knew the end reveal way before the finale aired. Yikes
ViRGE wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:34 amI take it Toei fixed their mistake before anyone had a chance to rip it?
Looks like rips are out already.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, HwTM, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Mxylv wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:53 pm Reminds me of when the BBC sent Doctor Who's 2013 discs early, so some of the ones who preordered knew the end reveal way before the finale aired. Yikes
How far in advance did they send out the discs? That's a pretty funny case of the left hand not talking to the right
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Mxylv wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:53 pm
ViRGE wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:34 amI take it Toei fixed their mistake before anyone had a chance to rip it?
Looks like rips are out already.
Double yikes, then. That is a true, A-tier screw-up right there. :lol:
Mxylv
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

takenoko wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:08 pm
Mxylv wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:53 pm Reminds me of when the BBC sent Doctor Who's 2013 discs early, so some of the ones who preordered knew the end reveal way before the finale aired. Yikes
How far in advance did they send out the discs? That's a pretty funny case of the left hand not talking to the right
Had to look it up, but it looks like it was only a week (felt longer at the time lol); Moffat ended up mostly-successfully bribing the fans by promising an exclusive clip if they didn't say anything (EDIT: What HowlingSnail said)
https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/cult/a480 ... -us-error/
Last edited by Mxylv on Mon May 01, 2023 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, HwTM, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

takenoko wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:08 pm
It was Amazon USA, I believe. I think it was 2 weeks before the finale, so people got the last 2 episodes of the series early. Executive Producer Steven Moffat basically said "Look, I'm not gonna tell you not to watch them early. Just don't go spoiling it for everyone. Don't leak the episodes, and we'll post a special clip of David Tennant and Matt Smith". (Since at the time they were starting to hype up the 50th anniversary special) The series finale had a big twist at the end, and certainly if it did get leaked, I didn't see it.

Doctor Who has a bit of a history with leaks, although to my knowledge that's the only one that wasn't caused by fans deliberately causing trouble. In 2005 a copy of the first episode of the revival leaked online. Although I bet in 2005 that was a pain to get hold of. The first half of the 2014 series also leaked online with post-production only half done, so plenty of scenes had very unfinished effects. I wasn't super plugged in to the Doctor Who fandom at the time, so I didn't even know about that until after they'd aired.

In 2016, the first we heard of The Power of the Daleks being animated was a clip of it randomly appearing on YouTube and then being copyright claimed. Seemed like someone didn't know it was a secret.

The Doctor Who team is super paranoid sometimes. The first episode of the 2014 series aired in Germany with subtitles, because the BBC provided them with the episode so late they hadn't had time to dub it yet. It's funny, because the 2017 series was criticised for giving away virtually everything in the trailers. Big, major returning character in the finale? Spoiled in the trailers before the show even began.

Not that it usually matters. Virtually every major plot twist of the 13th Doctor's era leaked online months beforehand. Just a fact of life these days.

We already know about a guest star in the 60th anniversary of Doctor Who despite him not being announced, because he was spotted filming over a year ago. Same with someone who appeared in the most recent episode. First we knew of the Gokaigers being in Zyuohger was someone spotted Marvelous out on location. Hell, someone had identified a couple of the Ryusoulger cast before their announcement because they were spotted on location.

The fact is that it's really, really difficult to keep secrets in big franchises. (Although the most recent Doctor Who episode had some cool surprises, I'll admit.) Especially if you're on location. The popular sitcom Only Fools and Horses managed to keep one of its most famous scenes a secret. This one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93bAdEf0pzc

It was the 90s, so no-one had smartphones, but the press would be around, and they knew if anyone got a shot of the actors in costume, that was the Christmas Day surprise ruined. But they managed it, somehow.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers

Return to “Kamen Rider Geats”