Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Geats x Revice Battle Royale movie

Post by takenoko »

Wiki

Five minutes of Revice recap. Who is this movie for?

Awww, Hiromi got stuck with babysitting duty

This coastline is a nice setting for fights

Hiromi failed to protect the baby? seriously? Why didn't he get it out of there

12 min we're back at in media res at the beginning. I always knew Daiji had two in his name, but I guess the sa in Sakura is three? Ikki is one of course, and the shi in Koushirou is four

/me tries to remember when the Igarashi family got a baby

Revice has too many Riders XD

Ikki, you have to fight off your dementia. Will you pick the angel or the devil?

Wow they got rid of the weakest three pretty quckly

Hahaha, that scene of Ikki jumping in on his bike

Oh they killed off Vice only to bring him back a movie later. I don't know if I prefer this to Ankh being dead for 10 years

Okay everyone, stand on the side while the main rider does all the work. Okay, they're cheering is getting annoying

I love how the baby is D: the whole time

half hour Revice movie, guess the rest is for Geats?

Oh, so that's why these guys were dressed in cosplay

Tsumuri's new outfit is cute

Noo, don't leave the bike behind

Oh hi knight. Always good to see him

Oh okay, Keiwa gets a little characterization. Nice, Keiwa and Daiji is a pretty good pair

Wow Tsumuri is so different. I'd love to see more of her other sides

wtf is this gold jumping effect with vice jumping?

Pretty impressive to see Nago's suit actress run in her full beat armor

I guess they recognize each other from the end of Revice? I don't really remember the hand off

Is that crepes girl Sara? Or just some random person?

Why does Neon recognize Sakura?

Sushiro ad

Visual gag of them on dumb bikes sucks

What's the point of wearing a mask if you take it off as soon as you meet them in person

That's how they're spelling Chorus? Whaaa? コラス

Feel like they wrote this movie before it was canon that you need two vision drivers to rewrite the world

Wait, he's absorbing the baby right away? We're not even going to see his base level power before he absorbs it? What's the point of the baby mcguffin then?

Since when has spider phone had a nickname?

I miss Girori

Man Tsumuri has big eyes

Wow, is Ryuki's actor just Ryuga in this whole movie? That's kinda cool. Age has hardened Kido's actor's face in a way that he looks good playing an evil character

This movie's gaamemaster is pretty good too

Oh we're in a video game now, boys

I kind of dig Seeker's helmet horns. Oooh. Seeker, Shika/deer. I get the pun

Why are the Ryuki Riders here? I guess Knight might be from the Ryuki Rider Time special and Ouja from the Outsiders special. Although that wouldn't be canon with this

Is it me or does Shinji kind of have his old lisp that he did in Ryuki? LIke you know how he always talked like he had a mouth full of spittle? I don't think he does it when he's Ryuga

We're in a video game now! Part 2

I like that Ikki checks to make sure the world isn't damaged first before making a wish

Love this conversation between Kido and Keiwa

I must have missed the explanation for why Ryuki Riders were in this movie lol.

Edit: So I'm looking over this movie again for... reasons... and Ikki says Koushirou's life is in danger if the devil isn't put back into him. I don't remember that being the case in Revice? It seemed like people lived perfectly fine without a devil
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Horny post

Post by takenoko »

Save this spot for a horny post

daburuwosagase
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Fourze
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "But they didn't know that this Majide is MADE OF DEKIRU and I will tsubusu you! I will tsubusu and TAOSU you!!"

Re: KR Geats x Revice Battle Royale movie

Post by daburuwosagase »

I didn't watch Revice so hell if I know the logic, but Vice "miraculously" reviving and then fading out again for drama is pretty contrived. The family themes between Revice/Geats/the random politician villains were interesting though. You've got Neon who's trying to run from her family, versus Sakura who cares about her own. The politician dude is using his family to boost his ego empire. And even though Ace didn't talk about his Mom Motivation this time, you can infer he's a bit more sympathetic towards Ikki. ...Keiwa didn't get much though.

They really took advantage of the movie budget by filming in normally crowded locations. And not just random plazas this time! I loved the shopping arcade fight setting. It wasn't as bombastic as the other locations, but it must've required a lot of coordination. Sakura and Neon got dropped so anticlimactically at the end of it :/

Girori got trapped in the impractical projector prison, I see.
It's a great excuse to have him go into action later. With katana! I love toy swords but this traditional sword fight is a rare treat. Handy that the gamemasters have masks too so they can switch to stunt doubles.
And the villain brings a gun to a respectable sword fight! What a way to establish him as a total bastard!

They wasted a perfectly good rider name on this guy who is never gonna show up again. Seeker coulda been saved for posterity. Gotta say it's a really cool design though.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Watched this a few weeks back, but I remember enjoying it. Nice interaction between the casts, and I always like when they reference their previous encounters.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

So when Niramu talked about installing the 2 Vision Driver authorization system because someone abused it in the past, he's talking about this incident?

God I miss Girori. He's competent and that katana swordfight was badass. Imagine how Chirami would handle this. He'd probably tripped then fell off that AR platform and died.

Was Niramu player with a coffee blender at the end?

I did not recognized Suga Takamasa (Ryuki/Ryuga) at all, he looked so different. Though why were the Ryuki riders here at all? And they can transform without mirrors.

Random obervation:
- A previous GameMaster and his Desire God? If Ace has been playing (and winning) since high school, does this means Seeker was participating as a kid and then just stopped when Girori took over?
- Did Sushiro the sushi shop sponsored this movie?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I don't know how old Seeker's actor is, but Geats's actor is only 19/20 at most. If he were a high schooler maybe he's been at it since he was 15? So any time earlier than 4-5 years ago Seeker might have been active

>So when Niramu talked about installing the 2 Vision Driver authorization system because someone abused it in the past, he's talking about this incident?

Hmmm, that would explain things without making it a plot hole. I don't remember who that explanation was for, but I feel like since it was so recent that people probably should have known about it
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

It's a crime we didn't finish out Revice. Jesus. Such an Amazing movie.

Seeker was bad ass. I absolutely loved how hard we going fortnite on everyone. I was really looking forward to the door opening and we getting a REAL Zombies Survival mode.

I actually liked this movie alot. So much great plot.

I do have a question though isn't the entire point of Revice the fact he can only summon him when he remembers him? so now that he can remember him shouldn't he be able to summon him again?

A++ on this movie.
Gokider
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Gokider »

Gotta appreciate the suit actor irony going on.

Guffa and Vice end up sitting down and briefly bonding over having just revived (which turns out to only be temporary for both), but Buffa is portrayed by Revi's suit actor while Geats and Revi fight until Ikki shows his face, which results in Ace recognizing him and ending the fight, but the fight stopped when Buffa's suit actor was out of the scene. That first one seems a bit more intentional. Also, Tycoon's barely around since Vice gets more focus.

While there are definitely shots of Riders with the same suit actors together, there was definitely some avoidance of it, which is normal, but why give Revi the Beat buckle if that just raises the question of Neon having it when everyone comes back and we actually see both of them in one shot (though she's absent in the next group shot).

You could maybe explain Ace having the Monster buckle even though PunkJack should still have it (what with Girori still being around) and maybe he got the Beat buckle somehow after Neon vanished, but there were 2 at once when she came back.

How did Girori learn of Ace not being from this era from all of this anyway?
Gokider
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Gokider »

takenoko wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 9:38 pm Pretty impressive to see Nago's suit actress run in her full beat armor
Of course that's why there isn't as much Dual On in the series as there was early on save for Boost which was made to be light on armor so it's better for Lower Half usage.

What was even the point of the Feverslots anyway? Nago and Buffa are just running in their Fever forms without much fighting, don't use them later when they do fight more, and Ace already had Boost (though it was a different buckle combo for his base form).
takenoko wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 9:38 pm Feel like they wrote this movie before it was canon that you need two vision drivers to rewrite the world
The security was referred to as having been upped at that point, which is why Beroba didn't know she needed both, and Niram said there had been others who tried to use the Goddess' power for themselves and h had them dealt with. Not a direct reference to this, but it could've been part of it.
takenoko wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 9:38 pm Wait, he's absorbing the baby right away? We're not even going to see his base level power before he absorbs it? What's the point of the baby mcguffin then?
So that what he was doing wasn't all credited to the Powered Builder buckle, which would be used later.
SVNBob
Go Go!
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by SVNBob »

takenoko wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 9:38 pm Why are the Ryuki Riders here?
In-universe reason? They're mainly a distraction. The henshin sequence in the stadium bears this out. They're not on the same side as Seeker against the 3 leads; he's on his own side opposite all of them.

Colus's goal required Seeker to build a gate in the tear in the sky. So they needed someone to keep Ace busy while he was working. A 1 v 3 veteran Riders with experience in a battle royale would be hard to overcome, even for Ace. And even if he did, he'd probably be too exhausted and/or injured to be a match for a devil-boosted Seeker. Ikki and Vice were unexpected wrenches in the works that tipped the scales in Geats' favor.

In any case, the Ryuki Riders were disposable elements in Colus' plan. I doubt he intended to grant any of their wishes, even if one of them managed to beat Seeker.

There might also have been an unstated implication that Colus was responsible for the Battle Royale in Ryuki in the first place.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, but like did Colus just get a special contract with the Mirror World? It would have been nice if they formed some sort of silly excuse like the Gamemaster knew Kanzaki Shirou or something? As it is, the Ryuki guys just sorta show up as the Gamemaster's special assassins/game players just because both series are battle royales. Just a little justification would have been nice

Return to “Kamen Rider Geats”