My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Geats 39 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Ratings for last week's episode: 4.42 of 5 stars (12 votes)

What are they all loking at?

Everyone doing the over the shoulder thing. Hey Geats, get out of people's opening scenes!

Something about it being just Geats and Tsumuri makes me wonder if the show will end with Tsumuri having to shoot Ace for real

The Sakurais place seems pretty small...

Michinaga's hair has gotten pretty long

Why is there a sound effect when Tsumuri poors noodles for Ace? So Ace is like an old school wizard. He can create miracles, but is limited to only so many per day?

Love that old man monstering out. And it's literally just skateboarding, what dorks

I wonder if the Geats IX armor pieces really form a little fox like Saint Seiya

Won't Buffa's wish of being the best Rider still be in effect if he comes back?

So Sara and Neon aren't even Riders now? At least they're still in the show I guess

Oh hey, Punk Jack's still in the show too

What is Keiwa talking about atonement. Did he forget all those people he wanted to save?

lol TimeFire is in trouble now

Yes, punch the Jamato in the balls, Neon

Geats using his wish powers in battle seems unfair

LOL, has Keiwa not met Kekera in person before? Funny

Huh, do we know this guy developing the new Jamato?

Do we recognize the new Gamemaster?

Ooh preview

Okay episode, but it smacks of being a setup ep. Looking forward to seeing how this all goes
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Re: KR Geats 39 discussion thread

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

takenoko wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:29 pm What are they all loking at?
probably still looking up at the sky going all dark from the Grand End last episode, or the residue of everything fading away from the reset at the end of the fight?
Everyone doing the over the shoulder thing. Hey Geats, get out of people's opening scenes!
tbf, if he didn't hang out in their scenes, there'd be nothing to show for this episode.
Something about it being just Geats and Tsumuri makes me wonder if the show will end with Tsumuri having to shoot Ace for real
was thinking the same thing, since Tsumuri doesn't aim at him in the OP until he's dressed in pure white.
it more than likely is, given Keiwa's not the most stably employed, leaving his sister to support them on a single salary. that said, there's also their bedroom(s) to consider for additional space
Why is there a sound effect when Tsumuri poors noodles for Ace? So Ace is like an old school wizard. He can create miracles, but is limited to only so many per day?
sound effect is probably for comedy? as for the limit, I'm guessing he needs to eat a lot to fuel his powers to make up for not being fueled by fallen contestants, like his mom was?
they do, actually.
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
though the comparison I saw someone make is to the digimon from Frontier, the fourth Digimon anime series.
I'd guess that the Grand End taking away the belts removed any Rider power specific wishes, since Neon still exists and Ace still calls Tsumuri his sister (though that one could just as easily be Ace just being annoying on purpose), so wishes weren't all undone, but we'll have to wait and see.
So Sara and Neon aren't even Riders now? At least they're still in the show I guess
based on the OP, we can assume Neon gets to be a rider again eventually, at least.
speaking of which, why ISN'T Punkjack in the OP?
Huh, do we know this guy developing the new Jamato?
I don't believe so, no.

EDIT: It's Nudge-Sparrow, apparently. saw someone on twitter say it was Daichi, went back to double check, and it really sounds like him.
Do we recognize the new Gamemaster?
I saw a thing about him. he apparently played Sasuke in a stage play of Naruto, meaning they called in an Uchiha to fight a 9-tailed fox.
Ooh preview
that final shot in the preview has my wallet doing the "ha ha, I'm in danger."
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral

Post by takenoko »

was thinking the same thing, since Tsumuri doesn't aim at him in the OP until he's dressed in pure white.

Isn't he just wearing his white coat from the start of the opening?
it more than likely is, given Keiwa's not the most stably employed, leaving his sister to support them on a single salary. that said, there's also their bedroom(s) to consider for additional space

Yeah, but I guess I never realized that if you saw one end of the room and then the other, that's all there is for their common space. It's like they live in a trailer
they do, actually.

Cool!
I'd guess that the Grand End taking away the belts removed any Rider power specific wishes, since Neon still exists and Ace still calls Tsumuri his sister (though that one could just as easily be Ace just being annoying on purpose), so wishes weren't all undone, but we'll have to wait and see.

I thought all wishes carried forward into future worlds unless specifically undone by a new wish?

>based on the OP, we can assume Neon gets to be a rider again eventually, at least.

I don't know which lady treatment is worse, Yaiba in Zero-One being a slave to Thousand or the girls being unRidered to buy furniture and play house
speaking of which, why ISN'T Punkjack in the OP?

I guess he's more a spy now? He hasn't really had anything to do since coming back, I guess they just like his actor. I mean, he's not even an antagonist, which is cool, but also makes him not super interesting since they haven't filled his new role with anything except being exposition man

>EDIT: It's Nudge-Sparrow, apparently. saw someone on twitter say it was Daichi, went back to double check, and it really sounds like him.

Ooh. He really is unrecognizable

>I saw a thing about him. he apparently played Sasuke in a stage play of Naruto, meaning they called in an Uchiha to fight a 9-tailed fox.

Ha funny

Edit:
So I was trying to search for giragira in my captions, wondering why it wasn't turning up...

And then I remembered that it only showed up in the Punk Jack special. Crazy that special actually contributes to the lore of the show. But yeah, this is the first time giragira/spark shows up in the main series
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

Finally! People actually gets to decide whether they want to be a Rider or not.

DGP gave people the choice of joining or not by touching the ID Core. But you don't know what you're getting into before you touch the ID because you don't remember, and you can't back out after touching the ID without losing your desire. It's an illusion of choice, you don't really get to choose. That's why Michinaga and Keiwa hesitated, they get to make an informed choice now. There's a difference between "I'm already knee-deep in this, might as well keep going", as oppose to "I can decide whether I want to be part of this shit show in the first place".

I guess Keiwa's way of making the Goddness atone was just to make her revive everyone, which he can't do now. I wish I can write being a Kamen Rider on a CV though.

As for the past wishes, I think in lore the Grand End erased everything DGP related, meaning all the wishes were erased too. Everything was reset back to zero. Ace restored the world as he desired, meaning he can just leave out the wishes he doesn't want (like Buffa's invincibility to Riders) and those he wants (Neon still exists). No one is fan-boying over Ace either, maybe he's not the stars of the stars of the stars anymore.

A nice slow episode after things went full throttle for a few weeks. Everyone get to take a step back and think about what they really want going forward.

And it's so obvious that's not Ace on the skateboard. On the other hand, I'm impressed the Jamato suit actor staked pretty well considering they can see next to nothing while in the suit.

Daichi finally get to do something important.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral

Post by takenoko »

>As for the past wishes, I think in lore the Grand End erased everything DGP related, meaning all the wishes were erased too. Everything was reset back to zero. Ace restored the world as he desired, meaning he can just leave out the wishes he doesn't want (like Buffa's invincibility to Riders) and those he wants (Neon still exists). No one is fan-boying over Ace either, maybe he's not the stars of the stars of the stars anymore.

That's not super satisfying though, and it's kind of arbitrary. We don't see people fanboying over him, but he also did just save their lives. And it might be a joke, but Tsumuri is still his sister, which she doesn't deny. So far all the wishes have carried through iteratively, so there's no reason to assume any past wish would get undone just because of the Grand End

I thought all the previous lore on the Grand End said it just erased all memories of DGP and things related to it. It obviously doesn't restore the world to the state prior to the DGP since everyone dead is still dead. Keiwa and Sara still don't have their parents, etc.
Gokider
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Gokider »

takenoko wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:44 am
Yaiba wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:31 am As for the past wishes, I think in lore the Grand End erased everything DGP related, meaning all the wishes were erased too. Everything was reset back to zero. Ace restored the world as he desired, meaning he can just leave out the wishes he doesn't want (like Buffa's invincibility to Riders) and those he wants (Neon still exists). No one is fan-boying over Ace either, maybe he's not the stars of the stars of the stars anymore.
That's not super satisfying though, and it's kind of arbitrary. We don't see people fanboying over him, but he also did just save their lives. And it might be a joke, but Tsumuri is still his sister, which she doesn't deny. So far all the wishes have carried through iteratively, so there's no reason to assume any past wish would get undone just because of the Grand End

I thought all the previous lore on the Grand End said it just erased all memories of DGP and things related to it. It obviously doesn't restore the world to the state prior to the DGP since everyone dead is still dead. Keiwa and Sara still don't have their parents, etc.
Not that it was ever really clear about how things worked and certainly not honest about a lot of it, but any pre-established rules or mechanics of the DGP go out the window with Ace now running the show so who knows really unless they say so (and even then).

Will have to see if he stopped the fanboying or not, but wouldn't be surprised if he did. Sure, it had some benefits, but he did it to get his mother's attention, which is inapplicable now and it's probably best not to have that kind of attention in case anyone finds out he can now grant wishes.

Also, it would be ironic if he's not the star of the stars of the stars anymore now that he can grant the wishes himself. Why wish upon a star when you are the star?
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Quote: "Fast means going slowly without interruptions."
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Mighty Action X »

The new Jamatos are like Bugsters now.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

takenoko wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:54 pm
I don't know which lady treatment is worse, Yaiba in Zero-One being a slave to Thousand or the girls being unRidered to buy furniture and play house
Girl Riders be shopping!

I wonder of Sparrow is wearing a hood because the neo-Jamato are born from his dandruff.

I wonder what is going on with the Neon's sort of dad? Why does he remember anything? Why does the news big wig remember anything?

Also, why didn't Keiwa kick Kermit-guy in the non-reproductive parts?

Is the reason Lopo doesn't come back because she voluntarily gave up her wish?

If the Jamato are like the bugstars now will they have Rider buckles that you have to blow on?
DeMatgic
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Quote: Busters, ready... GO!
Type: INFP Healer

Post by DeMatgic »

Not gonna lie, a part of me wanted to see Girori come back for this final stretch. It would've been interesting to see him employed again, but now as Sueru's attack dog, and to see how he'd react to the DGP that he broke the rules in order to protect now wanting to ditch the world and leave the Jamato running free. How that would conflict with his vendetta against Ace, especially since it's kind of Ace's fault this is happening.

Side note: Since Ace's wish for the DGP staff as his family is still in effect, this has now become him rebelling against his old coot of a grandpa.
TrissieQ
Adventure
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Giam
Dreamy: Hant
Favorite Actor?: Himitsu
Favorite Band: BAND-MAID
My boom: BL
Quote: There are 375 new laws against me since I joined the forum! Are any of you that blessed with conservative hate?

Post by TrissieQ »

If I had a wish in this show it wouldn't be to kill the riders or world peace, it would be for something REALLY IMPORTANT! One of the new toy that's in Connie's spoiler! Is soooooooooo cute! Are you listening Santa?
DreadBringer
Gao
Quote: I am gonna clear this with even with Continues

Post by DreadBringer »

takenoko wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:44 am >As for the past wishes, I think in lore the Grand End erased everything DGP related, meaning all the wishes were erased too. Everything was reset back to zero. Ace restored the world as he desired, meaning he can just leave out the wishes he doesn't want (like Buffa's invincibility to Riders) and those he wants (Neon still exists). No one is fan-boying over Ace either, maybe he's not the stars of the stars of the stars anymore.
Guess it was similar too when he saved civilians during the JGP or during Heaven and Hell. And seems that civilians never fanboy/girl over Neon anytime she saves someone ever....
DeMatgic wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:42 am Not gonna lie, a part of me wanted to see Girori come back for this final stretch. It would've been interesting to see him employed again, but now as Sueru's attack dog, and to see how he'd react to the DGP that he broke the rules in order to protect now wanting to ditch the world and leave the Jamato running free. How that would conflict with his vendetta against Ace, especially since it's kind of Ace's fault this is happening.
Girori protecting refers to DGP secrets, he'd want to perpetuate the DGP and its crimes. Gotta remember that the DGP's protecting the world premise is all bogus, if this is what you refer regarding Girori protecting. Also Ace shouldn't be blamed for villain's schemes over their cover being blown.

Return to “Kamen Rider Geats”