Adventure
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Giam
Dreamy: Hant
Favorite Actor?: Himitsu
Favorite Band: BAND-MAID
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: BL
Quote: There are 375 new laws against me since I joined the forum! Are any of you that blessed with conservative hate?

Re: KR Geats 42 discussion thread

Post by TrissieQ »

A really powerful episode from an actors stand point, I was riveted.
I've been reading this forum since KR W, depending on how interested i was in the show (lost me for a while around drive) but I've always learned new things reading it, things i could not have learned else where and I've rarely not been surprised... I'm not going any where, but i thank all of you for teaching me so much for these years. You've also been really tolerant of me and my lack of skills.
"this is a ridiculous and ridiculously expensive hobby, and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy."?
- why does that cut so deep? Any one wanna by my Kamen Rider Black Rx figure that came with the original manga that I brought instead of lunch in the mid 80s at the Japanese bookstore in Rockefeller plaza? I've been skipping lunches & more since then for TOEI & TOHO (both Bandi, right?) product since then. I have original Ultraman figures made in 1967! It's hopeless quitting. Give up & enjoy. Love Mika.
DreadBringer
Gao
Quote: I am gonna clear this with even with Continues

Re: KR Geats 42 discussion thread

Post by DreadBringer »

ViRGE wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 4:47 pm Keiwa isn't just doing something bad for the sake of getting back his sister - which we've known for a long time is his berserk button - but he's reveling in being bad. He's getting handsy with Tsumuri and at the end of the episode is even wearing the token evil earring.:lol: He decided to compromise on some things to reach his goals, not to take up spreading misery and despair. It's all a bit too much of a character shift.
Perhaps regarding Tsumuri, it's to display his irrational hatred to the Goddesses, with him lacking the sympathy for Goddesses cuz he blames them, thus he objctifies Tsumuri only as a tool to fix the world... though it's still a stretch.
ViRGE wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 4:47 pmIt's also a pretty straightforward case of fridging. Which arguably isn't a very good thing with regards to storytelling. It doesn't help either that the only other significant female characters are recently dead (Sara), depowered (Neon), or are a total bitch (Beroba).
Dunno why the series got complaint for this... because this is done by the bad guys (and another women also objectified her in Samas) and it emphasizes how bad they're?
takenoko wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:16 pmI've been thinking of writing something about Takahashi and his lack of ability to write women characters being a real problem in his series
What other series that aren't written by Takahashi that gave good example of women writing then, if Takahashi got scapegoat-ed for this? (while also ignoring Izu)
takenoko wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:33 pm Considering Neon is basically the third Rider in this series (I guess her and purple guy swap that title) she hasn't transformed since episode 37. That's a whole month and a half without any Nago action. It just reminds me too much of Valkyrie when she wasted her time on the show being Mr Thousand's secretary with the mind control chip
Women being well-handled isn't merely about them getting into action or not (by this should Reika got appreciated much more?). Yua's complaint was about her being spineless for the whole time against Gai. Merely not being a Rider doesn't mean bad writing.

Return to “Kamen Rider Geats”