No votes

Total votes: 10
DreadBringer
Gao
Quote: I am gonna clear this with even with Continues

Re: KR Geats 44 discussion thread

Post by DreadBringer »

takenoko wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:52 am I forgot about Neon saving Kousei,

Ugh yeah so this is just blatantly wrong take of her not doing anything. Don't tell me that her other actions such as, saving civilians is forgotten as well unlike Keiwa's (of which she also often does that side by side with him), of which lately it's what she's also doing which Kousei is just an extension.
takenoko wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:52 am but it does feel very much like Irumi went from overbearing mom to "wait I love my not-daughter" in the time since we saw Neon succeed at running away from home.

Irumi did pull a "for your own good/happiness" BS in their call on ep. 20, so it does show that she feels that she loves her, but ofc she's abusive POS to think that she knows best for her. She's never overbearing in an attempt to hurt Neon for her own amusement or such, but shitty parents often feel that they love their children.
takenoko wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:52 am And Kousei and Neon do talk in prison. But when she leaves, he's still "You're my tool, you've gotta help me get out of prison" and then conveniently for these episodes he's like "wait, maybe I love my wish daughter".
The "you've gotta help me get out of prison" talk happened before Neon saves him. After Neon saves him he's also baffled on why she still helps him despite knowing that she won't get any benefit from him like turning her into Kamen Rider again. She then has her speech about various reasons why she wants to protect the world as well as explaining that him keeping Akari's memories means he still has the capacity to love... just that he actually withheld it instead of using it to give Neon that as well (which is how he regrets, also Neon's actions of saving him shakes him that she can love others without them showing her how all this time).
Thenosa Yechette wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:13 am And in the end, Neon never really was a part of the bigger plan of "saving the world". She wandered around trying desperately to get her Rider powers back when Keiwa got his final form and recreated the world and Ace was still struggling to fight against Jitto and his gang to save Tsumuri. 😒😒😐😑
Wut? You too are ignoring her actual dialogues... WHY she wanted to get her Rider powers back again? To prevent more victims like Sara and the other civilians she saw when she was a non-Rider. And the part when she saves Kousei, it goes without saying, as listed here.
TrissieQ
Adventure
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Giam
Dreamy: Hant
Favorite Actor?: Himitsu
Favorite Band: BAND-MAID
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: BL
Quote: There are 375 new laws against me since I joined the forum! Are any of you that blessed with conservative hate?

Post by TrissieQ »

I know the Neon character is less solid than baby swiss, but it's been a while since TOEI made me cry... I must be floating in estrogen.
The Nago suit is so cute this time! It does seem a short strong male is in it though. But, women don't want to do stunts, that's why if you saw a woman doing a stunt on the stage of the Metropolitan Opera (usually on wires) 1982-5, it was me or Ben, the other girl-among-gay-men. (don't ask).
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

DreadBringer wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 12:50 am Wut? You too are ignoring her actual dialogues... WHY she wanted to get her Rider powers back again? To prevent more victims like Sara and the other civilians she saw when she was a non-Rider. And the part when she saves Kousei, it goes without saying, as listed here.
I clearly remember why she wanted her powers back. But the problem is, since they took her powers away, she wasn't actively able to do anything as a part of the whole world-saving act. She couldn't stop Keiwa, smack some sense into him or get into physical conflicts with the baddies trying to stop them from doing further damage like Ace or Michinaga. Thus, she did everything she could do get her powers back, so she WOULD be ABLE to play an active role in Ace's operation. If you still think I'm not right, then let's agree to disagree. 🤷‍♀️
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
DreadBringer
Gao
Quote: I am gonna clear this with even with Continues

Post by DreadBringer »

Thenosa Yechette wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 4:07 pm I clearly remember why she wanted her powers back. But the problem is, since they took her powers away, she wasn't actively able to do anything as a part of the whole world-saving act. She couldn't stop Keiwa, smack some sense into him or get into physical conflicts with the baddies trying to stop them from doing further damage like Ace or Michinaga. Thus, she did everything she could do get her powers back, so she WOULD be ABLE to play an active role in Ace's operation. If you still think I'm not right, then let's agree to disagree. 🤷‍♀️
Yeah...there's a difference between can't, or won't. It's true that she can't actively do anything in a world-saving act as a normal human, not that she won't take part on it. Sorry if it's a mistake of mine, but I thought how the way this is phrased:
And in the end, Neon never really was a part of the bigger plan of "saving the world"
Sounds like she never cared about saving the world part and only selfishly cared about getting her wish, either ignoring the many times when she helped others (which happened for Kousei above), or twisting those as having ulterior motives (like Michinaga to Shirowe). "never" also sounds like entire series....
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

DreadBringer wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:00 pm Yeah...there's a difference between can't, or won't. It's true that she can't actively do anything in a world-saving act as a normal human, not that she won't take part on it. Sorry if it's a mistake of mine, but I thought how the way this is phrased:
And in the end, Neon never really was a part of the bigger plan of "saving the world"
Sounds like she never cared about saving the world part and only selfishly cared about getting her wish, either ignoring the many times when she helped others (which happened for Kousei above), or twisting those as having ulterior motives (like Michinaga to Shirowe). "never" also sounds like entire series....
Ah, my bad. This isn't the first time people misunderstood me because of how I phrased things. Sorry about that. 😓🤷‍♀️
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice