My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Gotchard 12 thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Ratings for last episode: 3.88 of 5 stars (8 votes)

Please tell me this alchemy chick is going to stick around. She's great so far

Houtarou should use his card summon attack more

Oh Hou, you may not care about alchemist politics but you can be a dummy

Ooh second Rider seems cool. Evil Rider to boot

Hmmm, seems cool so far. But I hope it's not just brainwashing. Temptation and corruption is a lot more interesting when the character has actual volition and chioce over their actions. Just being a puppet isn't so interesting

Wait Harima isn't really dead right? She's way too interesting

Is Dread using cards stolen from Houtarou, or using the ones Sabimaru had on his body? Oh they're copies

Klotho, nice! Don't just stand by and watch, join in!

How does Isaac work???

I like that Dread and Gotchard both have mufflers

Yes because that attack worked so well the first time lol. This poor park will have to replace so many benches

Oh right Rinne, you could be fighting too. Also ouch, with to get stigmata's minato

Pretty funny how Spanner has to say Rinne's full name each time. They're so many unhuman things people do that any of them could be candidates for being homunculuses

Oh we have so many happy memories... filmed for the previous episode

lol Atropos

Man it's such a good desin for a Rider. Probably my favorite for this series so far

Why a sword? The sword looks like a prototype, why isn't it painted? X? X for excalibur?

More installed memories. Interesting? Worrysome?

so that evil looking inquisitor was probably a good g uy this whole time? Casting Isaka from Blade is a good misdirect then

Oh man, I really hope Harima isn't gone gone

But yeah, that was a pretty good Gotchard episode. Maybe best so far? Not only did none of the characters needlessly annoy me, but it seemed like some of the actors were bringing their A game. /me looks up name. Renge was really good in this as well as Spanner's actor. Hmm, they really don't say Renge's name a lot huh?
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Re: KR Gotchard 12 thread

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

ok, was NOT expecting that to be who would use the evil driver. this has potential to be very interesting.
takenoko wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:45 pm I like that Dread and Gotchard both have mufflers
I wish I could find it again, but I saw a really interesting post last week where someone talked about muffler colors back in Showa series, where, iirc, Red = Burning Passion, White = Pure Heart/Desire for Justice, Yellow = Evil Riders. they noted that Toei's almost assuredly moved on from all that, so the color of the muffler is irrelevant, but if it IS deliberate, it's interesting that Dread's is also white.
Why a sword? The sword looks like a prototype, why isn't it painted? X? X for excalibur?
seems to be pulling double duty as both an "excalibur" reference, since the sword's name is X Gotchalibur, and the roman numeral for 10, since the sword was given to him by UFO X, and all the level 10s released irl so far have X in the name for that same reason.
Hmm, they really don't say Renge's name a lot huh?
now that you mention it, I don't think they have. huh.

here's a question related to the preview for next episode:
Spoiler
considering next week seems to be getting the first time Gotchard uses the new sword to use a Level 10 chemy for a form, and it's UFO X, why is it that the toy of the sword comes with the X Rex card, and UFO X is the special "buy the toy early, while supplies last" promo, and not the other way around?
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

That was honestly well executed. The plot structure's sort of a standard darker good-guys-lose episode, but the execution makes it memorable. The candidate for Dread was an interesting surprise; there were also a couple scenes--like Dread barely stopping himself and Gotchard receiving a weapon ex machina--that could have ended the Dread arc, but I'm glad they want to stretch this a bit further.

The side characters are ultimately pretty useless, but I like some of the little moments like Renge reaching out to Dread and the different alchemists' reactions to the different sisters. Spanner really hasn't changed at a bit since first bullying Ichinose; I'm glad they remember that, but he's going to need an active (fall and?) redemption arc for me to like him. I appreciate Minato getting stigmata. He'll most likely be fine next episode, but I'm hoping he'll get a cast or something for a short while, because that isn't just something you walk away from.

Incidentally, when was the last time we got a second Rider this late in? Spanner debatably counts, but we've had Showa characters like Shadowmoon who resemble riders but aren't called that, so I'm thinking of him as one of those
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Does anyone else think that the inquisitor guy has to be the boss of the three Hades Sisters?

* How can you not notice that your assistant has stigmata?

* If he is a powerful Alchemist then why doesn't he help out in the fight instead just just chilling from a far and scouting Houtarou's ability?

* Baby Hades keeps mentioning a boss, so at this point it's either going to be Rinne's Dad or the inquisitor guy.

I guess I am truly a horrible tokusatsu fan since I was rooting for the cool and stylish Hades Sisters to curb stomp the main characters for being lame and annoying (but let Renge go since she is cool).
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

My bet is on evil boss man being Houtarou's dad
sserpemat
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa

Post by sserpemat »

Correct. I also think that the investigator is the boss of the three Hades sisters. Many details suggest that is very likely.
Zerato
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Drive
2nd Favorite Series: Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger
Favorite Band: Starset
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: The guy who will bring about the end of the world...unless you give me a sandwich.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Zerato »

Mxylv wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:59 pm Incidentally, when was the last time we got a second Rider this late in? Spanner debatably counts, but we've had Showa characters like Shadowmoon who resemble riders but aren't called that, so I'm thinking of him as one of those
I believe the last series to wait so long without a new rider was Fourze, which didn't give us Meteor until the late teens. Every series between then and now has had at least 2 riders in the first 10 episodes.
KR
Seen: Kuuga, Agito, 555-Ex-Aid; Amazons
Dropped: Build, Saber
Now: Ryuki, Gotchard
Fave: Drive

SS
Seen: Jetman, Dekaranger, Boukenger-Zyuohger; Akibaranger
Dropped:: Kyuranger, Kiramager
Now: King-Ohger
Fave: Kyoryuger
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

Zerato wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:00 am
Mxylv wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:59 pm Incidentally, when was the last time we got a second Rider this late in? Spanner debatably counts, but we've had Showa characters like Shadowmoon who resemble riders but aren't called that, so I'm thinking of him as one of those
I believe the last series to wait so long without a new rider was Fourze, which didn't give us Meteor until the late teens. Every series between then and now has had at least 2 riders in the first 10 episodes.
Beast didn't show up in Wizard until episode 17, Mach was in 12 for Drive, and Cross-Z was episode 11 for Build.
Zerato
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Drive
2nd Favorite Series: Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger
Favorite Band: Starset
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: The guy who will bring about the end of the world...unless you give me a sandwich.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Zerato »

Connie_Edogawa wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:20 pm
Zerato wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:00 am

Beast didn't show up in Wizard until episode 17, Mach was in 12 for Drive, and Cross-Z was episode 11 for Build.
Fair point about Build, I should've said first quarter. As for the other 2, though, we had already gotten White Wizard and Protodrive by this point.
KR
Seen: Kuuga, Agito, 555-Ex-Aid; Amazons
Dropped: Build, Saber
Now: Ryuki, Gotchard
Fave: Drive

SS
Seen: Jetman, Dekaranger, Boukenger-Zyuohger; Akibaranger
Dropped:: Kyuranger, Kiramager
Now: King-Ohger
Fave: Kyoryuger

Return to “Kamen Rider Gotchard”