Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Geats 4 Aces and a Black Kitsune Movie

Post by takenoko »

Wiki

I know Jamato are basically plant people, but are they supposed to look like fruit?

Tsumuri's umbrella is cool... and suddenly she's in Castaway tatters

Nice, even the Jamato get to dress up

Lopo is here and she looks great!

Cowboy ace is a real Ken

Wait. This is where we learn the truth about the future??? It's a bit last minute, but okay. It also explains why the future people's bodies are different and why they don't have children. Deepest lore. It's very end of Soma

What if Yggdrasil was ugly CGI and full of Trix cereal for fruit

Is Gotchard more shiny than usual? This finisher is better than usual. He knows alchemy in this. How accurate to the show is this Gotchard?

X Geats's suit actor must have had fun

Is this last Ace his coolness? Or maybe his mumen rider moment in terms of pathetic heroism?

I swear Ziin is going to tell us to buy those dolls

What is this stage? (for the bad guys' lair)

Captain Planet?? The other three are almost the Triforce

Suitably cool final battle

Disappointed that LupinYellow was reduced to being Harley Quinn for the villain, but the Tsumuri drop kick was worth it

Why are the other riders alive? I thought they sacrificed themselves to save Ace's life. I was hoping they'd be force ghosts or metaphors or something, but I guess they're just alive again?

Last minute Sara

What a fun movie! Even though the villains and main conflict is kind of nothing, we got some fun moments with our core characters and some more time with fan favorite Lopo. I guess the old man is okay. And Punk Jack is there as usual, nothing against him and his actor, I just don't understand why he keeps showing up

The real highlight was every reaction shot of Buffa being stunned by the stupidity of power Ace
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Re: Geats 4 Aces and a Black Kitsune Movie

Post by msf232 »

Is this movie even canon? Seemingly random stuff keeps appearing all over the place; Geats Mark XI, the two extra Riders, the very skillful Gotchard...?

But again, the villains here showed their faces in the show in one episode...
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Usually the next Rider in the current Rider movie isn't completely fleshed out. So Gotchard being able to do alchemy was probably an idea they wanted to do but at some point, they decided to drop it (probably for the better actually to fit him being not really an alchemist which he's more like a Pokemon trainer than an alchemist). I would even bet in more recent times, they probably haven't cast the face actor yet. I can easily see that they filmed the Gotchard scenes way before they even cast Houtarou yet and just have him to dub his lines for the movie.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Who is Melo? novella

Post by takenoko »

So I read some of the novella. It introduces Mero as the host of a TV show about mythology that rivals the DGP. It talks about how the rich viewers were different from her, someone who was essentially created to do a job as the host. She was basically bred and raised to like mythology (probably why Mera targets mytholical historical periods in particular)

I didn't get super far in it, reading kanji is hard! Maybe I'll finish it someday, but there's a few pictures of Mera before she went all Harley Quinned
TokuGeek1999
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuGeek1999 »

This film should've been released after the finale, should've done a break around August 27th instead of the 5th
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Mera is played by Osada Shohei of the comedy duo Chocolate Planet, and he is clearly having an absolute ball with it. Osada is one of my favorite comedians so I was massively hyped for this appearance. I'm honestly surprised they managed to get him because ChocoPla are super popular right now, like, household name massive star power popular, but he does have a five year old son, which is probably why lol

Here he singing in the quite funny "Allergies" faux visual kei music video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDmsy0MmvkQ
TokuGeek1999
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuGeek1999 »

He seemed funny.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

Fun movie, I enjoyed it. Loved that they pulled all the motivation speech Geats said throughout the series.

If this was released after TV series ended, this would be the new DGP that Ziin started. We are the audience, and he's narrating for us from the VIP room (with all the mech advertising laying around).

Buffa complaining about Geats meleeing with the gun. The staff knew the internet memes well.

Buffa's interaction with strength-Geats was the best out of the four. That wordless blank stare was golden.

When PunkJack showed up in cow boy outfit, I was thinking were they not letting him transform again. Luckily he had that chance later on.

So at the end they tried to show the others were the replacement of what Geats lost. Tycoon talking about not giving up (heart), Buffa suggesting throwing Geats (strength), Ngao saying that Sun Tzu line (intellect), and Lopo commenting on X Geats slipping on the rock (luck).

For a movie extra form, Oneness actually looks pretty cool. Usually these looks ugly or cluster af.

So Houtarou's dream of MadPirates in that Gotchard Henshin Lesson came from here.

Interesting they used the Jamato language in the ending theme song. I guessed they put in the effort to create all that, don't let it go to waste. I don't think that language was really relevant in the series at all except that stage at the mansion.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

It's weird that there's a Jamato language. Usually you do that to either go "Jamato are secretly humans" or "Jamato are secretly sapient". But they didn't get humanlike Jamato till the gardener guy evolved them to Rider level, so where the did the language come from?
TokuGeek1999
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuGeek1999 »

I wanna be serious this time, The weather in the movie is good, I feel like this should've came out around August 25th, meaning Super Hero Time has a break and meaning that the King-Ohger would've been a special episode too, The weather is so beautiful in that movie.
I agree with Ace
Let's make a world where everyone is happy.
Especially what's going on right now.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

takenoko wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:24 pm It's weird that there's a Jamato language. Usually you do that to either go "Jamato are secretly humans" or "Jamato are secretly sapient". But they didn't get humanlike Jamato till the gardener guy evolved them to Rider level, so where the did the language come from?
There was that game in the second arc where they go through a mansion that had a bunch of Jamato language symbols which they had to figure out the symbols to escape. So it existed early on.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Phoenix512 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:31 am
takenoko wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:24 pm It's weird that there's a Jamato language. Usually you do that to either go "Jamato are secretly humans" or "Jamato are secretly sapient". But they didn't get humanlike Jamato till the gardener guy evolved them to Rider level, so where the did the language come from?
There was that game in the second arc where they go through a mansion that had a bunch of Jamato language symbols which they had to figure out the symbols to escape. So it existed early on.
Yeah, but what I'm saying is, why does it exist world buildingwise? We don't get smart Jamato till the gardener guy messes with them. Did he make up the language for his babies? Who's writing the written language? It doesn't appear as if the Jamato have a society or anything
TokuGeek1999
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuGeek1999 »

I have a question, does the Blu-Ray have a creditless for the end scenes?

Return to “Kamen Rider Geats”