My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Gotchard 13 thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Ratings for last episode: 5 of 5 stars (8 votes) Perfect score last week? Wao!

Apparently we're in the abyss, so this must be a nightmare. Man, what if Sabimaru really executed Kajiki. That'd be an amazing turn of events. Way to kill your friend!

"Good morning, Mr. Ichinose."

Why are you guys in school. Shouldn't you be out saving the world??

I guess Gotchard really is that shiny. There's the mom still in the op. Wonder how long before they slowly rotate her scenes out

Ooh, the upper echelon alchemists. Sure looks culty. What a fancy room they're filming in

Maybe this is why Minato will turn evil. Because his superiors are all apathetic assholes

Rinne, please emote more. Or is there a reason why you're unemotional. Like you're a synthetic human?? I wish Rinne were a robot girl though

What an interesting shot of the sunset

Hey mom's still there! Guess it's not bad enough to refilm this scene

The man in that photo sure looks like Minato's body

The front of Ichinose's shop sure looks like a stage

Three sisters badass walk

Get fucked, random gaijin?

Man, if only Sabi had like gothy makeup

Hey it's like your dream

I really wonder what Atropos whistle blowy thing is

I never noticed Valvarad has a drill thing in his eye. Surprisingly he backs down

Hey, I know what Kajiki said thanks to fucking Kaguragi

man that cgi ufo is bad. Wait is that what the ufo looks like? Why build a prop just for the top?

Oh, you just fold the sword and it fits on your belt? Gotta say man, I think you coulda figured that out without summoning a UFO god to tell you

lol, that top looks so bulky. I like the astronaut helmet though

Wow he stripped Sabimaru

That finisher looks bad :<

So if Sabi isn't the permanent Dread, who is?

Oh hi Kajiki, welcome to the party lol

While still good, it wasn't as good as last week. And I don't like the new form very much, especially since this is supposed to introduce the next tier of forms. Honestly, this might have been a 5 if not for last week. Whereas this episode just felt like the predictable followup to last week's
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Re: KR Gotchard 13 thread

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

takenoko wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:24 pm Rinne, please emote more. Or is there a reason why you're unemotional. Like you're a synthetic human?? I wish Rinne were a robot girl though
that WOULD be a heck of a twist, if we get a big reveal that Rinne's a homunculus or something, and she out of nowhere suddenly gains impressive emoting abilities, revealing that this whole time her actress was being stiff on purpose. like when it was pointed out to me that Anakin in Episode 2 of Star Wars being as whiny as he was at times was actually a deliberate choice to emulate Luke in Episode 4.
I never noticed Valvarad has a drill thing in his eye.
not a drill, actually. it's the part of a monkey wrench (aka a Spanner) that you use to adjust the spacing of the wrench head, since that half of the helmet is a wrench. this WAS however the first time I noticed that the wrench on the helmet has a bolt head inside of the grip above his eye.
man that cgi ufo is bad. Wait is that what the ufo looks like? Why build a prop just for the top?
I don't think it's a prop, I think it's the top portion of the super form's costume, minus the helmet on the inside, so they blacked it out to hide that it's empty.
Oh, you just fold the sword and it fits on your belt? Gotta say man, I think you coulda figured that out without summoning a UFO god to tell you
being fair to Houtarou, I wouldn't immediately assume you could fold it up like that either.
So if Sabi isn't the permanent Dread, who is?
barring one or more of the sisters using it as a power they can pass around, I'm guessing either their mysterious boss will show up and use it, or they'll refine it and then take Minato and make HIM be Dread.

or, possibly, Spanner tries to take it for himself, so he can finally be a Kamen Rider.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral

Post by takenoko »

> like when it was pointed out to me that Anakin in Episode 2 of Star Wars being as whiny as he was at times was actually a deliberate choice to emulate Luke in Episode 4.

wait what
I never noticed Valvarad has a drill thing in his eye.
not a drill, actually. it's the part of a monkey wrench (aka a Spanner) that you use to adjust the spacing of the wrench head, since that half of the helmet is a wrench. this WAS however the first time I noticed that the wrench on the helmet has a bolt head inside of the grip above his eye.

Oh, that's kind of gross too lol

>I don't think it's a prop, I think it's the top portion of the super form's costume, minus the helmet on the inside, so they blacked it out to hide that it's empty.

Yeah, I went back and checked and you're right. So weird, but looks better than the CGI

>barring one or more of the sisters using it as a power they can pass around, I'm guessing either their mysterious boss will show up and use it, or they'll refine it and then take Minato and make HIM be Dread.

Hmm, I hadn't considered those possibilities. For some reason I thought mr ace alchemist Spanner would take Dread. Since you need a certain level of alchemy to use it, and he's the best... around

>or, possibly, Spanner tries to take it for himself, so he can finally be a Kamen Rider.

Oh, probably should have read the whole thing first lol
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

This was pretty alright. There wasn't much wrong with it, and indicating that Dread may be fatal to Sabimaru was a good way to raise the stakes of the preexisting mind-control story. We also got the first indications of Spanner's mind being changeable, as well as a first look at Minato's bosses, who will doubtless play a larger part once the story kicks in. Beyond that, though, I didn't think there was a lot to distinguish it from past introductions to more powerful forms. It was fairly competent at doing its job, but it didn't feel like it had the heart that's been in Gotchard's finest.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

The outcome was predictable, but still enjoyable. I think Houtaro's acting was pretty good this two episodes as well.

Mom's little speech was motivating, I too was expecting her to scold Houtaro. Come on, move that card so we can see dad.

Spanner to me came across as someone who wants to believe in hope, but something in the past burn him so much he gave up believing.

I wonder will Minato get some form of power up? He lost every time, even trying to arm himself with a weapon this time. It's not going to end well for him eventually if he's the one that needs to hold back the sisters while the heroes go do other stuff.
The true King-Ohger, Moffun
TroubledTiger
I am the new #2
I am the new #2
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Malika
Favorite Actor?: Kohei Murakami
Favorite Band: Kishidan
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider and also Touhou Project
Quote: Goro-chan, I can't see your face.

Post by TroubledTiger »

Houtarou's actor improved a lot the past 2 episodes.
Finished:
Gaim - 11/10
Fourze - 8/10
Zero-One - 3/10
Ryuki - 9/10
555 - 9/10
Blade - 8/10

Watching:
Hibiki, Kabuto and Gotchard.

takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral

Post by takenoko »

Mxylv wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:16 am This was pretty alright. There wasn't much wrong with it
Yeah, this was a perfectly fine episode. I hope people understand I'm just being nitpicky

>I wonder will Minato get some form of power up?

It is pretty funny/sad that all the alchemists have just two spells. The transformation spell (that is pretty flexible to be fair) and the elevator spell that they've used once. It's just... Minato is supposed to be a teacher. His ring is a different color, so he should be doing better spells than his students, right? But he's not really doing anything that makes me think he's a more powerful alchemist than Sabimaru or the Osaka girl
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

takenoko wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:40 am It is pretty funny/sad that all the alchemists have just two spells. The transformation spell (that is pretty flexible to be fair) and the elevator spell that they've used once. It's just... Minato is supposed to be a teacher. His ring is a different color, so he should be doing better spells than his students, right? But he's not really doing anything that makes me think he's a more powerful alchemist than Sabimaru or the Osaka girl
Last week didn't Minato do the "Team Rocket takes off again!" spell to get the team to safety?

It's kind of disappointing that this series does the "let's move the plot forward" episodes well and the "filler" episodes poorly. Especially since we'll probably get some more "filler" episodes coming up. And, I usually like the filler stuff better than the let's more the plot forward stuff.

Now, to spice up the filler stuff, why not have a female transfer student show up and start hitting on Houtarou? If nothing else, it would force Rinne's actress to break out of her shell and show more than three emotions.
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

When I first saw the outline of UFO-X Super in the previous episode, I muttered to myself 'I don't think I'll like this form, but maybe it'll look better in action.'

Turns out, it was worse than I expected. Somehow, this form feels like the designer both did too much, yet not enough at the same time with this one. Design wise, it looks like Fourze's Elec and Magnet State met up with Nadeshiko and got rowdy in the back of his dad's Prius, resulting in this being born in a shady alley.

I didn't see the Exgotchaliber being used as an upgrade tool. That was pretty neat. I hope that the next 'Super form' looks better.

Also
Spoiler
The fact that Dread managed to stand makes me think it'll become sentient later down the road. It'd make for a great third party.
Is the Alchemists organization aiming to be the next Foundation X/Fenix? Because the way they're presented just makes them look both grossly incompetent and evil, which I would be fine if the writing did better of hiding it.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I keep seeing you guys saying oh Houtarou's acting is better this episode or Rinne is slightly okay this episode but I'm really not seeing it. They're both just as wooden as they were the first couple episode, the only difference is we've gotten more screentime for the minor characters to soften the blow. Any scene with just those two in it is so, so very bad. The scene in the beginning with Houtarou talking about his dream to Rinne was a masterclass in how not to act.

Can we get the Alchemy Organization XIII guys to be slightly less obviously evil? At this point you should just slap a sign on the door saying "Bad Guys R Us"
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

Lunagel wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:46 am I keep seeing you guys saying oh Houtarou's acting is better this episode or Rinne is slightly okay this episode but I'm really not seeing it. They're both just as wooden as they were the first couple episode, the only difference is we've gotten more screentime for the minor characters to soften the blow. Any scene with just those two in it is so, so very bad. The scene in the beginning with Houtarou talking about his dream to Rinne was a masterclass in how not to act.
now all I can think about is equivalent exchange from Fullmetal Alchemist.

"To obtain (cool suit designs) something of equal value (well acted characters) must be lost."

Return to “Kamen Rider Gotchard”