My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Gotchard 14 thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Ratings for last episode: 4.18 of 5 stars (11 votes)

Rex is already eating people. Great!

Mom's still here!

Gotta do the Christmas stuff early since they're probably not airing those days

Rip random guy

Gotta be honest, wasn't expecting this to be the thing she confessed. At least they fast forwarded through those scenes since we've seen them almost every episode the last few

Luna has a point, pairing two turnips like Hou and Rinne is poison. Please pair them with better actors who can compensate

Spanner has a mysterious commander? A lady?

Was Kajiki's actor busy this day? How many x-files chasers do we have in this series? Kajiki is a regular, his girlfriend, and now this girl. It just comes off as weird since the series isn't about hunting strange phenomenon, it just feels like a weird crutch the writer uses to make characters run into each other

I'm liking this random warehouse. It's a neat change from their usual abandoned warehouse that's open to the outside

Why do the sisters want the Gotchardriver when they have one of their own now?

Rex's voice actor is trying a bit too hard. CGIs kind of ugly too

lol that submarine effect

I was wondering if that dude was her father

What a cool null space these guys are in. I definitely think this red room is the inside of a dinosaur

Rex eats people because he's a peeping tom??

Wait what is this memory of Houtarou as a kid?

How is this ridiculous series of non connected random circumstances a sensible story? This writer is so lazy

Looks like Dreadriver gets passed around, like an eye? LIke a tooth?

How is Hou in UFO form without the x on his belt?

I do enjoy how Dread's silhouette could be either male or female

Based on how ugly Rex's cgi is, I wonder if we'll see him very much after this. I'm guessing we'll see him for a few seconds before Hou transforms and that's it

I'm kinda bummed by this one. It's a super power up event, but the father and daughter whose only characteristics are they love dinosaurs and they love each other is not the most interesting story. Especially with a series where the people only love Pokemon Cards and nothing else. At least with Sabi and Osaka they like each other and one's a robosexual and one has a funny accent and a quirky personality
JustLive13
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com

Re: KR Gotchard 14 thread

Post by JustLive13 »

takenoko wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:42 pm < Previous
Wiki
Next >

Wait what is this memory of Houtarou as a kid? How is this ridiculous series of non connected random circumstances a sensible story? This writer is so lazy
It’s a flashback to him as a kid with Hopper One. Meaning he’s met Hopper One at least once before the series but doesn’t remember it. Definitely hinting at either a mind wipe or something else important down the line.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral

Post by takenoko »

Oh let me separate them out a bit, I meant for those two be two separate thoughts
JustLive13

Post by JustLive13 »

takenoko wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:10 pm Oh let me separate them out a bit, I meant for those two be two separate thoughts
Ah. Read them apart. Definitely see where you’re coming from on the second part.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

takenoko wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:42 pm Why do the sisters want the Gotchardriver when they have one of their own now?
probably because they're still working on perfecting theirs, but the Gotchardriver's already a completed thing. plus it doesn't expend the chemy to use its powers, meanwhile the Dreadriver keeps saying it's draining power from the fake chemy they had to make to use theirs. assuming it takes a lot of work to actually make real chemy, they probably don't want to waste resources they don't need to.

also, the Dreadriver requires a certain level of alchemy skill to use, right? and still runs the risk of causing severe harm/death in people without enough power/skill. meanwhile, complete novice Houtarou has been able to use the Gotchardriver consequence free since episode 1. that implies a SERIOUS stability and power class above what the sisters have access to, and they probably need all the power they can get for their nebulous "open the door to destruction/darkness/kingdom hearts" plan.
Wait what is this memory of Houtarou as a kid?
oooooh, finally an actually juicy plot hook. that explains why Hopper1 decided this random kid off the street with ZERO alchemy knowledge was The Guy(tm) they needed to give the driver to and keep all the chemy safe.

I look forward to finding out that the reason his memory was wiped isn't the whole alchemy law thing specifically, but that his dad is the mysterious bad guy the sisters serve, and when Houtarou met Hopper1 he started forming his evil plans, and when he left, he wiped Houtarou's and his mom's memories to make them think he just left for whatever harmless thing they think he's doing.
How is Hou in UFO form without the x on his belt?
because he took the sword off to use for an attack, and these shows are always inconsistent about what counts as taking a thing off for just an attack or for actually powering down. see for example in Geats, whenever Geats took the Magnum buckle off to use in the gun, or when he'd take the Lazer part of Lazer Boost off to use as a regular gun and it didn't shift him back down to just Boost Mk 2, even though the toys are made such that if you take a thing off, you've ended the form and have to redo the henshin noises.
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

There were a lot of moments here that worked, albeit disconnected ones. Hopper half-singing along at the Christmas part should have been annoying, but having seen pet birds do that sort of thing, it was surprisingly genuine. Rinne finally unloading all that angst was a necessary scene (partly because her constantly believing the sisters' accusations didn't work for me). We finally got an answer as to why Spanner appears so interested in Rinne despite having vocally denied any romantic wishes, leading to a further thread to explore later in the series (and his "Just walk through the front door" approach to the sisters was a very fun and in-character choice, albeit extremely stupid). I loved Ichinose convincing X-Rex by feeding it years of his ideals and interactions. The downside to the episode was that I didn't see the core episode itself as strong enough to seamlessly unite those individual moments. There's a lot of potential here, so I'm not sure why I liked that much of the episode and felt like it was above-average rather than amazing.

Random notes:
-I like how differently the three sisters' actresses are treating their jobs. Klotho's goes extremely over the top, Lachesis' plays it completely straight, and Atropos' (in line with her script) hardly emotes at all. Even when the contrast threatens to kick viewers out of suspension of disbelief, it's just plain fun to watch.
-Do humans know about Kamen Rider from the internet? I thought anyone who saw him had to get memory-wiped.
-Ichinose has now been swallowed alive by two different Chemys. Impressive.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
stardrago
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by stardrago »

isn't it about time to correct Spannar's name to Supana, given that was seen for his chemy riser and of his own Ride Chemy Card along with Buffa as shown at the X/twitter movie site; which for the upcoming Rider Chemy Cards that Geats cast has upgraded cards had Fever Zombie Jyamashin
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

stardrago wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:49 pm isn't it about time to correct Spannar's name to Supana, given that was seen for his chemy riser and of his own Ride Chemy Card along with Buffa as shown at the X/twitter movie site; which for the upcoming Rider Chemy Cards that Geats cast has upgraded cards had Fever Zombie Jyamashin
Oh hey Stardrago is bitching about overromanizing instead of underromanizing this time, this is new.

Because we all know the great Toei-sama never makes English mistakes

Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

Not really feeling this super form debut, not tying it to the main cast was not helping. X-Rex had a better suit, but UFO-X had a better story being connected to the main cast and had a much higher stake.

It's getting close to the Christmas episode. Last year we had the pumpkin rider exploding, will the tradition continue this year?

The voice from the communicator, they credited it as "The female voice talking to Spanner" and the actor name as "???". I find that really funny for no reason lol.

Dread's suit actor is Nawata Yuya, who plays the form for both Sabii and the two sisters. He's got range! They're training him to be another Hachisuka Yuichi.
The true King-Ohger, Moffun
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral

Post by takenoko »

Thank goodness for the return of Red Kitsune and Green Tanuki noodle commercials!
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I think the only time that they will have a filler episode that will actually be good in this series is if they have a Renge/Sabi side story.

The Sisters of Hades/Spanner subplot was pretty good. If this was a Sailor Moon ripoff and Rinne was the Kamen Rider then Spanner would fit in perfectly. But, since Houtarou is the lead, Spanner is kind of creepy. At least the Sisters curb stomped him for his arrogance. It would be funny if the voice that Spanner follows is Atropos using a voice changer. Since Atropos likes playing with her victims it would be in character.

If this show was dubbed into English would the dubbers give Klotho and Lachesis gimmick "together" names like Jesse and James or Butch and Cassidy?

Five years from now they will have a re-union of all the chibi actors from this show so they can have a laugh together at how wooden Houtarou and Rinne were?
Spoiler
In the preview for next week: Kajiki goes visual kei? Was not expecting this.
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

stardrago wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:49 pm that was seen for his chemy riser and of his own Ride Chemy Card along with Buffa as shown at the X/twitter movie site; which for the upcoming Rider Chemy Cards that Geats cast has upgraded cards had Fever Zombie Jyamashin
I did not know that; will keep this information in mind from now on I guess
Thanks for this
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–ドンブラザース
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
Zerato
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Drive
2nd Favorite Series: Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger
Favorite Band: Starset
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: The guy who will bring about the end of the world...unless you give me a sandwich.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Zerato »

Episode wasn't all that great, but damn did I love the X-Rex transformation. Looked like something straight out of Abaranger
KR
Seen: Kuuga, Agito, 555-Ex-Aid; Amazons
Dropped: Build, Saber
Now: Ryuki, Gotchard
Fave: Drive

SS
Seen: Jetman, Dekaranger, Boukenger-Zyuohger; Akibaranger
Dropped:: Kyuranger, Kiramager
Now: King-Ohger
Fave: Kyoryuger

Return to “Kamen Rider Gotchard”