My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Gotchard 15 thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Ratings for last episode: 3.75 of 5 stars (8 votes)

And another thing, I hate the way the bag cgi dino yells out Rex. It's so unpleasant to hear

In case you missed it last time, here's the transformation again

LOL these reactions. Is this cool looking? We can't see the head from the bottom angle since the chest is in the way. Anyway, they've been teasing these super forms for what feels like a month, so glad to finally see them

Minato, you're so useless lol

Props to the sisters' suit actors. I can totally buy that those are the characters

Is that why Atropos is interested in you, Rinne? I dunno if I agree

It's been 11 minutes, let's remind them of that transformation sequence again

I do like Gotchard Rex's head

You're a bad guy, why did you walk away thinking he was finished off without checking?

I don't know if you've earned that kamen rider ichigou reference

He saved Klotho??

lol, inquisitor jump scare. Is he hanging out with a mime?

Sorry guest stars, but I'm not feeling your story!

What if Hopper1 is Houtarou's dad

Why are you making him sing?

Oh sweet, Spanner's master
TokuGeek1999
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Re: KR Gotchard 15 thread

Post by TokuGeek1999 »

X Wizard appears!
Gotta wait till June to see more.
Next week is Gotchard and Geats, after that ep 16
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

takenoko wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:42 pm I don't know if you've earned that kamen rider ichigou reference
that was my exact reaction when I saw that scene was "....wait, is that Ichigou's belt? you're not." *the sounds play* "oh, that was unearned."
He saved Klotho??
naturally. the hero can't just kill people, right? not in a show as targeted to young kids as this season's been.
lol, inquisitor jump scare. Is he hanging out with a mime?
actually, that's X Wizard (pronounced Cross Wizard), the level 10 chemy for the Job category, supposedly one of the antagonists for the Gotchard x Geats crossover movie based on what we've seen of the trailers so far (heavily implied to be responsible for turning humans into chemys as part of the movie's plot, including the other main Geats riders), and voiced by Rie Takahashi, known for such rolls as Megumin in Kono Suba, Emilia in Re:Zero, the current voice of Mash from Fate/Grand Order, and Ai Hoshino in Oshi no Ko.
What if Hopper1 is Houtarou's dad
what is this,
this spoiler is about a similar plot twist in an entry from a popular video game franchise
Detective Pikachu? >.>
Oh sweet, Spanner's master
this should be an interesting angle to explore. as is the 3 Sister's boss apparently showing up. inb4 THAT'S Houtarou's dad. seriously, you don't pull the photo out from behind the "important plot obscuring post card" and then STILL keep his face hidden unless it's an important reveal.
Last edited by Connie_Edogawa on Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral

Post by takenoko »

That spoiler is a real catch 22 since you'd have to click it to know what's underneath it. btw if you include a = and a quoted sentence, you can say what the spoiler tag is about if that's useful
this spoiler is about clickbaits
clickbait
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

takenoko wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:03 am That spoiler is a real catch 22 since you'd have to click it to know what's underneath it. btw if you include a = and a quoted sentence, you can say what the spoiler tag is about if that's useful
this spoiler is about clickbaits
clickbait
oh, I never knew that, my apologies. I'll fix it now.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

No need to apologize, just trying to be informative!
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

Weirdly, it seemed like this episode largely succeeded wherever the last one failed. The photographer and his daughter was a marked improvement from their depictions last week, Rinne realized she doesn't have to believe whatever the sisters tell her, and there's a surprising amount of character drama for what's essentially a multi-episode-long fight scene. Rinne's theory about Atropos is strange, but I'm honestly up for almost anything to give them some extra dimensionality (I can't say for sure if we've even been told what their supposed motivation is). There were a few strange moments--Ichinose's motivation scene was good, but I'm not sure why it was needed as he didn't seem particularly self-doubtful--but overall, this was a pretty good end to the first arc.

Yikes. Between getting his hand impaled, being chewed out by his bosses, and now getting poisoned in the face, Minato hasn't been having a great week.

Next ep:
Preview
That preview looked almost out of place for the show; I think that confirms we're moving slowly but surely to the core of the story.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

The story is getting better, being past the introductory phase and kicked into gear. This part 2 was a Rinna-focused episode instead of about X-Rex, and I'm all for it. The main two's acting is still not good but I feel I don't noticed it as much. Maybe they're improving, or I was actually more invested in the plot than their acting.

I forgot to say last week, but it's the first time Ichinosei acknowledged the sisters were hurting humans as well as Chemys, compared to before where he's just all about the Chemys. Sabi's ordeal gave him some character growth.

Minato lost again. He's lucky to be still be alive.

That's a blatant Ichigou reference.

What I like about naive hero stories, is that at some point he will be forced to face a situation where he'll need to choose between his ideals or doing the "correct" thing. I look forward to that plot point.

I think this might be one of those back stories where a kid snuck into a secret lab and befriended the experiment, and when the people in charge found out they separated them and wiped both their memories.

So that stuff with the ring-brushing inquisitor was just a movie tie-in promo.

Kajiki in that costume was just cursed.
The true King-Ohger, Moffun
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>So that stuff with the ring-brushing inquisitor was just a movie tie-in promo.

I guess so! Well, hopefully the guy returns later in the series to be a bad guy

>Kajiki in that costume was just cursed.

That's a reference to the song he's singing, UFO by Pink Lady. They were famous back in the day. I should probably check the lyrics for Hou and Rinne's song. Hmm, looks like it's about young people getting over heartbreak, chasing your dream, that sort of thing?

http://www.animelyrics.com/jpop/misatow ... lution.htm
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

This felt like the weakest episode of the series to me. A lot of the struggles that happened were all resolved by a mixture of dumb luck and plot armor.

Rinne got Atropos to let her go because Atropos threw a temper tantrum? Clotho was saved because Houtaro didn't want his enemy to die? The same enemy that was responsible for countless deaths? The absolute gentle caress?

And that Kamen Rider Ichigo reference was entirely unearned.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Maybe Houtarou wasn't trying to save Clotho? Maybe he was using a mathematical approach to combat. Since be beat that form before by extracting the host, after extracting Coltho he had a problem that he already knew how to solve.

I wonder if Atropos let Rinne go, not because Rinne had some sort of uncomfortable revelation about Atropos' mind, but because Atropos had failed in causing Rinne to go Blue Screen of Death.

Wow, the lead character in this Kamen Rider (not the actor, but he doesn't help) might be the worst Kamen Rider I have ever seen. This show could have been called Pokemon Trainer Gotchard.

Well, it is confirmed that the inquisitor is sus to the max.

Minato didn't have a good week, but I am inclined to go easy on him since he has a day job, after school job, and has to clean up memories after each battle.
stardrago
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by stardrago »

not sure if you didn't noticed but the Japanese commercials for Dec. 17th still has zero seeds at the Torrent section this entire week.

Return to “Kamen Rider Gotchard”