Testing 265 encoding (cq 26 added, cq 30 deleted)

Ask all tech support and help questions for playing our videos here. THERE IS NO GUARANTEE YOUR QUESTION WILL BE SOLVED!
Forum rules
First, check to make sure your file is complete by running it through RapidCRC or checking it with a torrent. If it's incomplete, the torrent will fill in the broken parts.

Don't use Quicktime, Realmedia, or WMP to play our files. Basically, they suck, and you're going to have a bad time.

Use VLC, Gom Player, or Media Player Classic with some codec packs installed.
KinCryos
That's so ridiculous
That's so ridiculous

Re: Testing 265 encoding (cq 26 added, cq 30 deleted)

Post by KinCryos »

while I was of the SD crowd simply due to filesizes, I suppose I could simply (try to) handbrake my downloads of the HD releases if I ever need to free up space later on.
lennyhouston16
Go Go!
Favorite series: Gaim, OOO, Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva, W, Go-Busters
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by lennyhouston16 »

The latest 1080p x265 releases for King-Ohger 44 and Gotchard 18 aren't playing properly for me. I always watch the releases on my phone (Android) or laptop (semi-current Dell) and these 2 are very choppy like a low framerate. Both play just fine for the first minute but after my phone says file not playable and the laptop just freezes. Don't know if it's my stuff or the files so I wanted to give some feedback. Last weeks releases for 43 and 17 are playing just fine on both.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Can you use a torrent or https://rapidcrc.sourceforge.net/ to verify your file completed?

What program are you using to play the files? If last week's played okay, I'm not sure what we did different this week that would make it not the case
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

ViRGE wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:26 pm Since it's 10 year old hardware, there's almost nothing that can be reused. You'd need to replace everything at this point: new CPU, new motherboard, new RAM. It could probably use new storage, too, but at least that's cheap.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hYhcBL

There's room to play with things. But there's a good starting point.
Well, I put the system together, but it gave me a red light for the ram (I put it in the second and fourth slots? I'll have to reread it to see if I put it in the wrong places). And it complained about the video card (I didn't have one in there, but thought that was optional). Basically didn't make it past post
lennyhouston16
Go Go!

Post by lennyhouston16 »

takenoko wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:49 pm Can you use a torrent or https://rapidcrc.sourceforge.net/ to verify your file completed?

What program are you using to play the files? If last week's played okay, I'm not sure what we did different this week that would make it not the case
I use Google Photos app to play videos from my phone and Windows media player (also tried VLC) for my laptop. After initially getting the error from my phone, I downloaded the files on my laptop via torrent to see if I'll get the same result. Bittorrent is showing both are fully downloaded.
Last edited by lennyhouston16 on Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lennyhouston16
Go Go!

Post by lennyhouston16 »

Just an update to my previous post: I just redownload them along with Geats movie via torrent. Still the same issue for the files I mentioned but the Geats movie is playing nicely just like last week's files on my phone and laptop.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Try VLC for your phone as well
lennyhouston16
Go Go!

Post by lennyhouston16 »

Lunagel wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:06 pm Try VLC for your phone as well
It works! Thank you.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Photos app/Windows Media Player are actually pretty shit at playing anything but their own proprietary format (and sometimes not even then)
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:44 pm
ViRGE wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:26 pm Since it's 10 year old hardware, there's almost nothing that can be reused. You'd need to replace everything at this point: new CPU, new motherboard, new RAM. It could probably use new storage, too, but at least that's cheap.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hYhcBL

There's room to play with things. But there's a good starting point.
Well, I put the system together, but it gave me a red light for the ram (I put it in the second and fourth slots? I'll have to reread it to see if I put it in the wrong places). And it complained about the video card (I didn't have one in there, but thought that was optional). Basically didn't make it past post
Doh, sorry everything isn't going swimmingly to start.

For now, start with 1 DIMM. Once everything is up and running, then you can work on that second DIMM. You'll want slot B2, which is the farthest from the CPU.

As for the graphics, the CPU I picked out for that build (13600K) has integrated graphics. I'm assuming you'll want to put in a discrete video card eventually (integrated graphics is anything but speedy), but for build and troubleshooting purposes, you don't need a discrete card.
Cipher5
I am the new #2
I am the new #2
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Jyuken Sentai Gekiranger
Dreamy: Akira Nijino
Favorite Actor?: Hiroaki Iwanaga
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Advent. above it all"

Post by Cipher5 »

Is there something different for this weeks release? last week and Geats movie X265 played with no issue on my tv but this weeks Gotchard, King-Ohger and Garo will play but when I try to rewind it will instantly restart the video. They play on VLC no issue but I play the videos on tv for my nephew at his house that doesn't have a computer so no VlC at all there
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

ViRGE wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:19 pm For now, start with 1 DIMM. Once everything is up and running, then you can work on that second DIMM. You'll want slot B2, which is the farthest from the CPU.

As for the graphics, the CPU I picked out for that build (13600K) has integrated graphics. I'm assuming you'll want to put in a discrete video card eventually (integrated graphics is anything but speedy), but for build and troubleshooting purposes, you don't need a discrete card.
Hmmm, I hooked up the machine and it did take me to a bios screen. I think the issue is that I haven't installed an OS maybe? For some reason Windows 11 is being a real pain to download, and not properly installing the installer program onto my USB stick. Maybe I'll try to find a CD rom and try to burn it?

>Is there something different for this weeks release? last week and Geats movie X265 played with no issue on my tv but this weeks Gotchard, King-Ohger and Garo will play but when I try to rewind it will instantly restart the video.

You're the second person that mentioned that. The only real difference that I can think of is that last week I muxed the files with MKVToolNix and then used ffmpeg to convert the mkv into a mp4. This week I just used Megui's mp4box to create the MP4 directly. Maybe one's more compatible than the other?

It probably wouldn't be hard to test it, it's just doing it the other way would require three extra steps rather than something done all in one program? Is the only issue that it won't rewind properly?
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:10 am Hmmm, I hooked up the machine and it did take me to a bios screen. I think the issue is that I haven't installed an OS maybe? For some reason Windows 11 is being a real pain to download, and not properly installing the installer program onto my USB stick. Maybe I'll try to find a CD rom and try to burn it?
Ahh, okay. If you're making it to the BIOS screen, it sounds like your hardware is all good.

Though I don't believe Windows fits on a single-layer DVD these days. The image file for Windows 11 23H2 is 6.3GB.
You're the second person that mentioned that. The only real difference that I can think of is that last week I muxed the files with MKVToolNix and then used ffmpeg to convert the mkv into a mp4. This week I just used Megui's mp4box to create the MP4 directly. Maybe one's more compatible than the other?

It probably wouldn't be hard to test it, it's just doing it the other way would require three extra steps rather than something done all in one program? Is the only issue that it won't rewind properly?
FWIW, I've never heard of MP4Box packed files having an issue; it writes compliant bitstreams as well as anything else. But anything is possible. So it's worth testing.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Cipher5 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:00 pm Is there something different for this weeks release? last week and Geats movie X265 played with no issue on my tv but this weeks Gotchard, King-Ohger and Garo will play but when I try to rewind it will instantly restart the video. They play on VLC no issue but I play the videos on tv for my nephew at his house that doesn't have a computer so no VlC at all there
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/1rkqpxyn ... v68us&dl=0
Do you want to try that and see if it works betteR? This was made the way I did it last week
TokuGeek1999
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuGeek1999 »

Has 365 been tested out with TV Broadcast?
I remember when TTFC was being way dumb around last year with their quality

Return to “Playback Help”