King-Ohger 46 discussion post

It's good to be the king
Forum rules

King-Ohger Wiki Link

< DonBros |Ohsama Sentai King-Ohger | ??? >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:47 pm

★★★★★
33%
★★★★
67%
★★★
No votes
★★
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 6
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

King-Ohger 46 discussion post

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Ratings for last episode: 4 out of 5 (11 votes)

Her power... is a big scythe! Is this really a grand power?

LOL, looks like they moved as Grody faded away. Not quite a clean transition

So Jerermie has a monster hand and a freaky crystal in his chest. Great

It's pretty funny to have Racles be the wise guide leading everyone around with riddles

When was the last time we had a good character focus episode for the rangers?

What a pretty flower field. I wonder when they filmed this. Oh she's not really there is she?

Kagerou is Jeremie's imaginary friend

What is that thing in the purple crystal? Did they just have a broken toy to put inside?

Nice job capturing him, Spider-man

What a twist. Grody was dead all along

Oh hey, some of the past jobbers are here too

I think my original translation for this line in the preview was right

You'd think Himeno would find a big open field before using her destructive power indoors

Wait, was the plan only to give Grody eternal life? Guess I'll find out next episode

Alright episode. We learn a bit about Himeno, Jeremie, and Grody

It's a bit exciting to have them deal with God's Wrath. It's the big conflict that acts as the catalyst and origin for many of these characters, so it's nice to see how they would deal with it directly

Found the perfect song to pair with this episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUhihvK ... JyaQ%3D%3D
I Believe by Christina Perri

Edit: This may be too late to realize this, but I just found the perfect translation for Himeno's catchphrase: "Time to operate". Just pretend that was what I was using the whole time
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Re: King-Ohger 46 discussion post

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

I don't know WHY it took me until this episode seeing the corrupted ShuGod souls, but the top of Dagdedo's head, with his real Tardigrade body inside, looks like a ShuGod soul. which is fitting, since he made the ShuGods and all.

....wait, do you think that means the bodies ARE entirely mechanical suits with no sentience of their own, and the things inside the ShuGod souls are their real bodies?

also, nice twist making Jeremie's living 2000 years turn out to be a super power and not just a special Bugnarak thing. I was already fully prepared to just accept "he's half bug, that makes him live longer" as an excuse.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>I don't know WHY it took me until this episode seeing the corrupted ShuGod souls, but the top of Dagdedo's head, with his real Tardigrade body inside, looks like a ShuGod soul. which is fitting, since he made the ShuGods and all.

Ooh, it's the same color even. I just thought it looked like a little guy in a cockpit

>....wait, do you think that means the bodies ARE entirely mechanical suits with no sentience of their own, and the things inside the ShuGod souls are their real bodies?

So it's like a reverse Eva? You thought they were living machines, but they're really just machines and it's the organic component inside piloting them

>also, nice twist making Jeremie's living 2000 years turn out to be a super power and not just a special Bugnarak thing. I was already fully prepared to just accept "he's half bug, that makes him live longer" as an excuse.

"Did the writer think of it all?" I'd applaud the 4D chess of some of these revelations, if not for the fumbling of pacing and story telling on a more episode by episode level. This episode was a bit more touching once I got through translating it, have to admit
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

Grody being a living dead was a surprise twist to me. You can't kill the dead, so the solution was to give him life so he could be killed. Pretty clever.

I can't shake the feeling that this king symbols stuff was a last minute addition and not the original plan. The powers had no consistency and all over the place. Four of them got supernatural powers, to be used by summoning a Shugod, just with their hands, embedded in one's eye, or needing a shield. Then Gira just got a suit of golden armor.

And then there's Jeremie. They said he did not aged for 2000 years but he absolutely did, at least from a kid to a young adult. We literally see him as a kid when his mom died. It also meant that his parents not only locked his head in a cage, but also surgically stuffed a crystal in his chest. What the heck?

Also, if they had this universe shattering power all along, why did Shugoddom have to play this cat-and-mouse game with the Space Bugs for 2000 years? Just gather the six together and be done with it.
The true King-Ohger, Moffun
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

They said they split up the power because they were afraid of it, but was this before or after Space King was in the picture? If he was, then it's a weird plot hole to have this great power and not use it for 2000 years...

Return to “Ohsama Sentai King-Ohger”