My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Boonboomger 01 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Ratings for King-Ohger's last episode: 4.5 out of 5 (14 votes)

What's with Sentais and starting a series on a wedding

Haha, the guys putting on their glasses

That's... so ugly cgi. Also they didn't deinterlace it so you can see the lines during the ?eyecatch

So... red's kind of a kidnapper for hire?

The actor they got for the groom has an amazing face

Man, that's a pretty cool robo suit. It's weird that it's voiced by Pikachu though

Oh, those guys are super dead

44-88. Is that number significant?

Good monster designs this time

Huh, the car changed color, flipped around and used the rocket that's in the front hood... Oookay. Why'd the giant car enemy shrink?
Like blue businessman

Oh, that's a fun way of making the monster of the week. Hey, the grunts are fun too

Oh come on, that's just lifted from Boukenger

Oh hey a dynamic camera. The things you can do when you film in the real world

Liking red's moves. If we have to sacrifice some of the fancier bits of the suit for something more comfy to move in, I guess that's fine

But why is it Boon Boom, and not Boom Boom??

What's that symbol under the Ghostbuster symbol?

Oh, he's a transformer

Oh, the suit wheels are used in the cockpit? lol silly

Gotta show the kids how to put on their seat belts

Wait, so why do they have the little toys sliding on their wheel thing? I guess that's how they summon their vehicles?

Why's red's vehicle white?

I guess we can't permanently escape the Sentai cgi dimension

Oh, that's how they make the giant? Seems complicated

GaoGaiGar!

lol the gear shift stick

Hey, this robo battle is pretty fun

Oh, that's a philips head? lol

There's that symbol again on top of the cake

I hope no one tears me in half with a philips head

Why are they meeting at the airport?

So pink's our early perspective character, the way Oni Sister was in DonBros

Think we're going to have a good year
kangchan
Douza Uru Zazaado

Re: Boonboomger 01 discussion thread

Post by kangchan »

The best thing of this episode is the acting of core team members. They acted much better when compare same episode of last year Sentai. Especially Red and Pink.
I can feel how their characters personality although it is 1 episode.
This series makes me feel same vibe of Go-Onger: light-heart cast, with funny villain.

Don't sure if the main writer can keep this good impression until the end. But at current, this Sentai has a good stating.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

God, it feels so good to have Super Sentai back, after a year of King-Ohger. We have likeable characters. We have scenes filmed in real places instead of a green screen. We have suits that aren't just huge slabs of colour. (With hindsight, were the King-Ohger suits designed how they were to make chroma keying easier?)

If I had spare cash I'd be rushing out to buy the toys like I used to, but adult responsibilities sadly take priority nowadays. (Also not a massive fan of the mecha anyway) Still though, this was great, and I'm really excited for more, in a way I've not been for a while now.
takenoko wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:10 am Man, that's a pretty cool robo suit. It's weird that it's voiced by Pikachu though
Ash/Satoshi, not Pikachu. She also voiced Arthur G6 in Fiveman, and sang the Ryuki theme song. Otani Ikue (Pikachu) has never done any toku I believe.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Magishine1
There are four lights!
There are four lights!

Post by Magishine1 »

when the new enemy leaders came on the scene the sound that their car made took me back to Carranger. I am just hoping they do not make this series as goofy as that, although with the first MOTW it seems it may be a goofy series. I do like the mecha designs, but if they go the Kyuuranger or Kyouryuger that could make the cast a lot larger than necessary
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

After a year of cgi fantasy settings (it's good in its own way), it felt down to earth and back to basic just by seeing normal city streets.

A non-loud Red, kind of missed seeing this endangered species.

No matter what's actually happening or how evil you are, you must let the nice old lady cross the road! That's the unspoken universal law lol!

That's just Mario cart. It's adorable that the other two Hashiriyans are cheering on the side line.

Lmao Boonboom Robo stopped for the red light and then checked both sides of the road before crossing, but then proceed to obliterate the whole street.

Every time Boondorio or the gadgets spoke I'm hearing Ash Ketchum's voice. It'll need to take some time to undo 26 years of Pokemon.

Spearking of Pokemon, Boondorio do have a little red cap like Ash, and the three baddies are very Team Rocket alike - villains who are just goofing around. I hope they got to be "we're enemies but also friends" in the end.
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

Wait, has this been released on nyaa? I don't see a link.
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

The first impression is above ok... 4/5. The only thing that I don't like are the helmets.

red is the cool leader, blue the smart and serious sub leader and pink is suppose to be the cheerful girl but she looks like she is 40+... damn... I'm sorry but I think that we got spoiled last season by Himeno. Her forced smile during the henshin sequence was so bad too....

A wedding dress as a week 1 monster? ok I guess you can't complaint... we have saw it all at this point.

Optimus Prime as the main robot is just bad ass but its weird that red pilot the "white" robot.... I would prefer that the leader was just white and not red.

Its sad to be a super sentai member and that you get a KIA Picanto instead of a cool animal, dinosaur, robot or anything else.... I feel bad for Blue and Pink boom.

The robot gattai sequence was so cool! I really liked it.

Yaru is such a cool car character. I think he is a future ally.

Looks like Yellow Boom is gonna be that candy eater guy that was watching from the roof at the middle of the episode.

Its strange how they had the perfect setup and they were just waiting for the enemies to reach the Earh. We will see what is behind all this tech but so far its ok.
Final Vent!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral

Post by takenoko »

FangTrigger wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:28 am Wait, has this been released on nyaa? I don't see a link.
Normally I'd make the post and save it in a private forum until release, but people said they wanted the threads available early. First eps take a bit longer to sort things out
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

FangTrigger wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:28 am Wait, has this been released on nyaa? I don't see a link.
More than 1 group subs weekly toku. Has done since at least Double/Gokaiger.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
TokuGeek1999
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuGeek1999 »

Looking forward to what font y'all using.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

takenoko wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:10 am Huh, the car changed color, flipped around and used the rocket that's in the front hood... Oookay.
the color changing is probably going to come up rarely, if I had to guess, since it stayed red the second time, but it had to happen at least once to justify there being two different versions of the car toy as a campaign bonus for buying the other toys.
Why'd the giant car enemy shrink?
ran out of gyahs, probably.
What's that symbol under the Ghostbuster symbol?

There's that symbol again on top of the cake
looks like it's the enemy group's symbol. so the first time, it's the Ghostbusters style "none of (insert thing)", second one's just a cake topper because why not?
Wait, so why do they have the little toys sliding on their wheel thing? I guess that's how they summon their vehicles?

Why's red's vehicle white?
since it seems like they teleport into the cockpits, that's probably how they link up with which car they're using, since they launched WAY more cars than they used (likely for stock footage reasons more than anything)

as for the vehicle, I think he's got others that are more color appropriate. I'll admit to having outside knowledge because of toy releases, but even without that we can see a red car in the garage early on in the episode when Blue and Ash Cartchum were guiding Red away from the wedding. also, there's way more cars in the opening eye catch/the launch sequence when all the cars ship out than there are rangers, even with the two more they already revealed are coming in the early trailers/posters, so presumably this is going to work like other sentais with a ton of auxiliary mech components where each ranger will have multiple under their command. core unit's probably just white because it's "all the colors coming together" kinda thing.

this was a fun start, and I'm optimistic for where we're going from here. I'm especially a mark for any show loaded full of puns like this one.

to start with, we have the obvious ones of the rangers' names:
Red = Taiya Hando (Tire and Handle, which they seem to be using to mean steering wheel)
Blue = Ishiro Meita (Meita's a pun on Meter, and, according to another source I've seen, "the Ishi/射士 in his given name means "marksman". Additionally it can be alternatively read as shashi, a pun based on the Japanese pronunciation of "chassis"" hence Red's nickname for him of Shashiro)
Pink = Mira Shifuto (Mirror and Shift)

and then stuff with the villains we have:
Decotorade (pun on Decotora, the term for flashy trucks covered in decals/decorations (Kamen Rider Driver had a shift car styled after one))
Itaasha (pun on the normal name Natasha by way of Itasha/"pain car", cars covered in anime decals, as seen in Akibaranger, which itself is apparently a pun in Japan making fun of the homophone Itasha for "Ita"lian cars, by swapping in the kanji for pain instead)
Yaiyai Yalcar (pun on "Yaru ka?"/"You wanna fight?" but also a reference to Pui Pui Molcar, which is the cutest show and y'all should check it out if you haven't already)
the group name for these three is apparently officially "The Raiding Squad Sanseaters", a pun on both "san-seater"/"3 seater" and "sanshita"/"underling" because they're not the head honchos of their villain group, they're just one mini squad, team rocket style.
Gyahsoline (Gyah is a scream. it's gasoline powered by screams)
the MotW, Kurumajyu, is obviously a pun on Kuruma both in that overall name and in their individual names, "(insert object used to make them) Grumer", but also the kanji means "Bitter/Suffering Demon-Beast", and I love puns in that style where it's still a functional word outside of the obvious joke.

and there's way more, already here and still to come, clearly.
lennyhouston16
Go Go!
Favorite series: Gaim, OOO, Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva, W, Go-Busters
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by lennyhouston16 »

Does anyone else's video pause at 21:47? The audio continues but the frame is stuck on my file. I tried downloading on my laptop and on my phone to double check. This is for the 1080p file.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral

Post by takenoko »

Huh, I'm getting t hat issue too. Weird. Reencoding I guess
Gekija
Number 6
Number 6

Post by Gekija »

The file works perfectly! Thank you all for your work on this new show!
ryujin
Gabu
Favorite series: MagiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Zero
Dreamy: Matsuyama Mary
Favorite Actor?: Masahiro Inoue
Favorite Band: SCANDAL
My boom: PS4
Quote: R/B is just ORB without the O and Tiga is just Taiga without the A ... tabun :P
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by ryujin »

Helmet design alone was enough to make me "not like" this series, but i don't fully hate it, i'll give it a few more episodes though and maybe i'll get used to the turd design (sorry but that's how i see it, they could have done better) :P

Kinda mid episode for me, we got a cool red after all these time, an assistant blue and a peppy pink who i think ditching his weird faced bf who couldn't do crap by himself deserves to be left behind lol!

2 stars for me, 1 star for the cool red and another star just for the heck of it, didn't impress me that much

I'm calling it, 6th member will be Xolum from Quantumania (google to see it lol!)
takenoko wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:10 am Think we're going to have a good year
This cracked me up, i see what you did there LOL!

Return to “Tire People”