My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR 555 20th: Paradise Regained

Post by takenoko »

Wiki

that's some bright red blood for a dead guy

oh I thought she ran away

I miss OG Smart Lady. Cool to see grown up Suzumura Ray here though. It's tremendously weird to think he was a teen on faiz

The Orphenoch look so much better when they're just shapeless grey forms

Why does she announce her name? And at a live show area of all places, pretty silly

Those shoulder pads are annoying

Rip Izumi Masayuki

Oh Mari's in her Murder Case outfit

Totally thought Kusaka was the guy in the cryo tube, to explain how he's alive again, but I guess we're just not going to

Kaido! It's been too long since we've had that actor in a cameo

Whoa, Takaiwa cameo?? He even does the hand flick

Feels wrong to have a different person using the Smart Lady soundtrack

Oh, Mari's given up her dream of... cutting hair?

Is this what old married couple life for Mari/Takumi would be like based on their characters?. Dang. What is Mari and Kusaka's relationship here?

Granny is a samaritan trap

So this is based off the Paradise Lost continuity right? That was post apocalyptic wasn't it?

Will this Delta eat shit?

Faiz is pretty good once you separate it from the grimdark phase Inoue was in

Delta ate shit? Who could have predicted this. That's impossible!!

Look at that bad CGI steam

Imagine being surly Takumi even in your 40s. Back in the winter soldier tube for you!

Here's the young Orphenoch generation

Ooh, this night shot is nice. Hollywood might have forgotten how to light night scenes, but clearly Japan hasn't

Oh no, how will Mari choose between Kusaka and Takumi??

Oh the Faiz bridge. It's like a character in it of itself lol

Oh no, Takumi's hot new girlfriend punched his old one

Mari's finally an Orph

LOL, it's pretty silly that they'd go back to their normal lives after their identities as orphenochs was exposed

Why these soldier guys instead of the Riotroopers?

Is that Ben? Oh these are Riotroopers

What? SHe's 666?

Looks like this leak didn't do a good job getting rid of the interlacing for that line effect when it blips between Rena and Kaixa. What's her Rider name anyway?

This junk yard set is fun, more of this please

Surely that clumsy transition isn't how they get out the Kaixa blade each time

Someone's having fun with wires this movie

Ooh, they were exposed because he ratted them out

Ooh, Mari's design is neat. Cat? How is Takumi able to detect Mari like that?

Two young Orphs left. Will they both die before the end?

What? Takumi just has magical Mari detection powers now?

Kaido's like nope, let's not follow here again. I wonder what happened to the other two Lucky Clovers

Damn Mari. Maybe Inoue can't separate himself from his grimdark with some franchises. Gotta say I laughed at that poor effect

Some of the acting from the older Faiz actors is kind of rough. Not sure what's up with that since I've seen these guys in other stuff

Did we make this movei just so Inoue could write an orphenoch sex scene?

Takumi, I see you found a way to get your shirt off

Wait, so Takumi isn't brainwashed? Then why was he seriously trying to kill Kaido and his pet Orphs? He really betrayed them just to live a little longer in a tube??

What, why is Ray here lol. Wait, he tossed his coat aside like he's gonna fight. But he's just standing there and letting Rena doing the fighting. Did someone forget to assign Inoue an editor?

I don't remember if Ray's character and Mari's ever interacted in the TV series. I'm not seeing why they'd be fighting one on one

"Ray, we can't find the Dragon Orphenoch suit, can you fight as yourself as long as you can". He's just a terminator?

Nice foggy woods

Aww Rena

Someohow he's less scary as a Rider

LOL Kusaka is also a robot? And he has a dumb gun in his hand?

Mari, you've seen this guy die like three times. You never once noticed he was a robot?

And he kicks the shots he fired in the air at her. Maybe Inoue is secretly a genius

The warehouse. We're getting all the hits

Who could have predicted Kusaka was a bad guy?

Wiat how did Takumi avoid the predictive AI?

Oh, it's Takumi's Autovajin. It doesn't make sense, but the music is playing and he's got his lightsaber

Say no to AI

?? I guess the dilemma really never ends

Wait, so if all the Smart Brain presidents are just androids, who's actually running the show? Who thought it'd be a great idea to kidnap Takumi (although he wasn't brainwashed, right?) and give Mari an android Kusaka to take his place?

Ooh new song with a 555 pun in its name

Man, what a mixed bag. I had a fun time, but there's some rough acting and story in this one. But if we're going to revisit mainline Faiz, this was alright. I think the epilogue we got in one of those Rider movies was better, since we weren't dealing with Inoue's wild tone shifts

It's fine for DonBros, since that's the whole show. But you can't have Mari throw herself off a building in the same movie as Kusaka popping a gun out of his palm and the conspicous choker he's been wearing the whole movie falling off reveals there's a Smart Brain logo underneath

It certainly hit a few nostalgia beats, though

Edit:
Slept on it, had further thoughts

Faiz was always Inoue's attempt to explore the X-men. His question of what would happen to society if some of them evolved before others did. But 20 years later, I don't think he's interested in the question, and just wants to see weird shit happen (which is fair since that's what we sort of want too)

I feel bad for Director Tasaki, who has the unenviable position of transitioning this vision into a svelte hour-long movie. Imagine if the characters had time to really get into their characters and have character arcs. Instead, we have everyone dramatically yelling out what they're feeling (And we still get slow, dramatic moments in the movie, so I dunno. Maybe the old Faiz actors are just rusty)

I don't understand the ending cryo tube scene. Are we supposed to know who these are? With the fade out, I sorta thought this meant the movie took place in a Matrix-like dream. But then I thought, maybe they're spare Kusaka robots. But the next scene we see President Kusaka, but instead of having a label on his next, his forehead turns into the Smart Brain logo. So is that just a more advanced android or is it the real Kusaka?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: KR 555 20th: Paradise Regained

Post by Lunagel »

Oh holy shit Rei is in this. can he be in this? I can't remember if he's dead or not. Or is this not the same character?

O.o 666?!

Heyyyyy Takigawa Seiji, nice to see you here!

oh, it's Ben! Hi ben!

hey this is the alchemist academy that geryon attacked

uhhh
are
are they fukkin
as orphenochs

tf kusaka

Wait why not just kill the Ryusei Orphanage (hey wait did they get orphenoch from orphanage I just made that connection) kids now instead of doing this weird android thing? why was Kusaka helping them out instead of... y'know, killing the orphenochs? This all seems needlessly convoluted

Are the tubes more Takumis? Although the hair isn't right, maybe they're the Ryusei kids? I don't see why this and the ending Kusaka scene were necessary, I highly doubt we'll be getting a sequel.

I suppose I shouldn't expect any less from Inoue.

So I dunno. It started off pretty strong and then about halfway through it just went off the rails. Nothing explained, nothing really resolved. There was some coolness and I guess the new theme song is pretty neat. But... was this necessary? It's great to have all the original actors on board but uhh... someone really needs to put some oversight on Inoue.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Pronouns: Toast
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral

Post by takenoko »

Orphanageoch

It's kind of weird watching this and X-men '97 at the same time. Only in Inoue's case, he's less interested in exploring the ramifications and humanity behind the story of humanity versus its more evolved form. But rather using it as a backdrop for telling stories about tragedy and drama

I assumed the tubes were other Kusakas

BTW, is this suposed to take place after the movie canon or the TV canon? Based on the name it seems like it should be the movie, except the movie was super post apocalyptic
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga
Quote: Avatar artist:
https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/17930035

Post by Yaiba »

Sentai's 10th/20th years after movies were like fun reunions gatherings, while the Rider ones tried to be dark and edgy.

Plot didn't make sense and I had no idea what was going on, but I was hit by a huge wave of nostalgia when Takumi pulled the Faiz Edge from the Autovajin and the original opening "JustiΦ's" starting playing.

Yo! It's Takigawa Seiji, the man himself!

People kept throwing faiz gears at Takumi. I loved that fact that the staff had fully embraced the meme started from the TV series Axel watch, where Takumi get his equipment by being randomly thrown at him.

It started off pretty strong and then about halfway through it just went off the rails.
That's just Inoue's Style (TM).
decade368990
Train man
Pronouns: Male
Favorite series: Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Osaki Ichika and Kudo Mio
Quote: Grow a spine, J.A.R.V.I.S. I got a date. -- Tony Stark

Post by decade368990 »

takenoko wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 3:40 am BTW, is this suposed to take place after the movie canon or the TV canon? Based on the name it seems like it should be the movie, except the movie was super post apocalyptic
This is supposed to take place after the TV canon. In the Paradise Lost movie, the Orphenoch controlled the world and there were approximately 2000 humans left. If this takes place after the movie, there's no way for the humans to fight back the entire Orphenoch population across the world.

This piece of work ultimately didn't live up to the same standard due to unanswered questions created by writer Inoue Toshiki in his script. Director Tasaki is always the right choice to do something like this. Even if he shot it the same way he did with the Paradise Lost movie, the same excitement and joy were there but didn't justify the problems surrounding this movie.

What happened to Mihara after all these 20 years, did he successfully retire??

How did the government know the existing of the Orphenoch? They're investing Smart Brain for the job to kill the Orphenoch in return after the secret event in the TV series.

Takumi wears the same shirt as Psyga while inside the capsule.

Kusaka is absolute positive towards Takumi?? It does make sense that he's an android because in the TV series Kusaka was totally hostile to Takumi like he didn't care at all.

Not enough moments for the Next Kaixa. The promotion poster even showed the Side Basshar Battle Mode, but where is the Side Basshar??

Jaws dropped for that Orphenoch sex. Kinda wish that scene could have been even more absurd by showing the actual human shadow of Takumi and Mari.

If Hisao is dead, then Kaidou Naoya could have been Delta in the final battle.

Production issues
Next Faiz actually pressed the "Tool Cancel" button in order to materialize the Faiz Blaster. I thought Tasaki could have paid more attention to such little detail.

When the new guy transformed into Delta, notice how the strip effects going back to the purple instead of reusing the light blue. In the TV series, the purple strip effect was first used in Ep 28. Some how this was changed into light blue as of Ep 38 all the way to the final Ep.

While filming the fight sequence, stickers were used as replacement for the actual Mission Memory prop??? Is Toei trying their best to preserve the old props from serious damages as they can't be replicated again??

Kaxia's weapon sound effects once again are completely inconsistent like the TV series. When Kaixa used the Kaixa Blaygun Blade Mode, the Ready sound effect is the standard one used for Faiz, Delta, Muez, and Psyga. Same thing happened again in the movie's final battle where Next Kaixa using his Rider Kick finisher. Even the CSM toy did better than this, especially the upcoming CSM Kaixa Phone XX.

Is the old Faiz suit some what newly crafted specifically for a different stunt actor since Takaiwa Seiji is no longer a stunt actor???? The red strip around the body of old Faiz seems like fresh painted.

Tasaki-san, what happened to the Faiz Accel Watch?? Missing this little detail is not tolerable.

Wish they could have shot Mari transforming into Orphenoch at a different angle because that jump cut in the final battle is too obvious.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Watched this ages ago. One of the better movies we've had. Not gonna lie, I was ready to be bad at them for just handwaving Kaixa being alive. Then we got that twist.

A shame this movie recons Kamen Rider Yongou. But clearly Inoue hates using other people's stuff.

Wasn't expecting the Orphenoch sex scene.

I was so glad when we got OG Faiz. I was worried this'd be the same as Kamen Rider Ichigou with his muscular suit. No need to destroy the Kaixa Gear though.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Does it though? SInce this is movie continuity and I think Yongou was TV continuity?
decade368990
Train man
Favorite series: Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Osaki Ichika and Kudo Mio
Quote: Grow a spine, J.A.R.V.I.S. I got a date. -- Tony Stark

Post by decade368990 »

takenoko wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 12:02 pm Does it though? SInce this is movie continuity and I think Yongou was TV continuity?
Yongou was indeed the TV continuity because they briefly reused the scene of Faiz Blaster blasting Horse Orphenoch directly from the final episode. You can see Kiba Yuuji there.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I just assumed it was TV canon since Keitarou is alive even though he didn't appeared.

I did find it weird that Muez wasn't in mention in dialogue once in the movie.

I guess this isn't the first time that the Kaixa gear gets destroyed.
TokuGeek1999
IXA

Post by TokuGeek1999 »

This should be ‘claimers’ instead of “scammers”. It’s technically correct but there’s no point to “translate” the english word ‘claimers’ being said.
https://files.catbox.moe/bwyjbu.png
This should be ‘years’ instead of “year”.
https://files.catbox.moe/4s9kyy.png
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Do you use the word "claimer" in English regularly? How about viking, baby car, y-shirt, or open car? No. They may look like English but they're not.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wasei-eigo
https://english.stackexchange.com/quest ... lous-compl

Translation means making something fully understandable in the target language
TokuGeek1999
IXA

Post by TokuGeek1999 »

Ohh
Aeikozz
Faiz
Pronouns: Apache Attack Helicopter
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

Can we keep Kamen Rider Super Mature?

Did we just get Ophenoch Sex?

God I miss this super serious Kamen Rider shows.
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

Didn't Kaido die or something in Revice? Although if this is a completely new alternate timeline thing like the Drive SHT specials was...

But yeah, this film does seem like somewhat all over the place in the later parts
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

msf232 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 7:51 am Didn't Kaido die or something in Revice? Although if this is a completely new alternate timeline thing like the Drive SHT specials was...
He died in the murder mystery, but at the end of the series was revealed to be better

Return to “Kamen Rider 555”