My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Boonboomger 06 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Ratings for last week's episode: 4 out of 5 (8 votes)

We have Boom Yellow again

Interesting how the opening changes with new members. Wonder if iti'll stop changing after all the members are together?

Jou new suspenders

Which suit actors are these two?

A toilet monster is cool

Red's shirt is all torn up

Mad Rex has a nice suit

It's kind of fun to have blue plotting against his own teammate

Flying wheels??

I would have thought blue would have taken more caution to not get splashed, since he seems like he'd have a lot of secrets

It's nice to see the three non-reds getting along, even if blue is under toilet water duress

Remember to turn off the oven, kids! Robot role model

Come on, put pink in the middle, she's driving the main vehicle

This feels like red and Mad Rex are going to be rivals. Hopefully he sticks around if so

I just noticed the monster's cape is toilet paper rolls

One of the rare times where the monster's effects don't wear off till the giant version dies

/me waits for the Boonboom dance lesson video

Nice. Was wondering when orange would show up

Another fast paced but fun episode

Edit:
Does anyone actually like Jou for cop things that he does? Surely there's more to being a cop than being the town's people's gofer

Man, is anyone else disappointed by blue's confession? He doesn't confess anything really embarrassing or revelatory. What a lack of imagination there
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Boonboomger 06 discussion thread

Post by Lunagel »

takenoko wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:36 pm
Does anyone actually like Jou for cop things that he does? Surely there's more to being a cop than being the town's people's gofer
Japanese cops are notoriously bored. Sure there's the occasional big case but 99% of the time it's petty theft, drunk wrangling, traffic accidents, and acting as a glorified lost and found. There was a minor domestic incident (I assume, I never got details) at an apartment near mine and they sent out 4 goddamn squad cars. For a big murder case that happened last year they had over 200 cops (not a typo) crawling around the site.

So yeah, I don't doubt that a go-getter cop like Jou is being portrayed as a gofer
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Pronouns: Male

Post by HowlingSnail »

takenoko wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:36 pm We have Boom Yellow again
And Bun Blue being referred to simply as "Shiro". This is a very colourblind show.

Interestingly, Orange not debuting until episode 7 not only puts him as the latest debut for an advertised core team member (No, Geki Violet and Chopper don't count, Gokaiger), but actually one episode later than Kyoryu Cyan, who wasn't in any of the pre-show marketing at all, and is basically an extra hero. (Although going by that, Magi Mother is in episode 1.)
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Pronouns: Toast
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral

Post by takenoko »

I wonder if they thought of the nickname first, or if they thought of the episode title and just thought it was cute. In either case, if you want a series full of bad puns, eat your fill with this one
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Even though this was a simpler (and darn-near filler) episode than last week's, I liked it more. It didn't have anything to prove, so it could just run with the characters.

Mad Rex is an interesting addition, but this episode doesn't actually establish too much about him. His main purpose in this episode is really just to keep Taiya occupied so that Blue and Black could have their toilet water bonding experience (while Pink gets to excitedly watch :oops: ). I don't see Mad Rex being too long for this world, as he clearly has no patience for the Three Seaters' antics. But when he does fall, that's going to be a big flag to the next commander to come on down, as while the Three Seaters are inept, the Boonboomgers are a proper threat to the Hashiriyans' plans.

(Meanwhile, the Three Seaters don't allow Mad Rex to walk into the women's restroom. I guess even evil has standards after all :lol: )

And in the meantime, Taiya gets someone to fight who's actually on his level. Of the four rangers introduced so far, he's still the one we know the least about. Presumably, he's going to finally get his focus episode after Orange gets situated.

As for the Three Boomigos, this episode is a bit by-the-numbers (the serious team member doesn't trust the new guy), but it works with that premise well. Giving the characters a negative space wedgie to force them to reveal their true feelings so early on in the series is a bit forced, but if Jou is going to be such a simple character, this is a very straightforward way to illustrate that.

And making up for Mira getting sidelined to shotgun last week, this week she gets to drive the center piece of the giant robot! This is not a huge deal for most series, but coming from King-Ohger where only Gira could drive, it's refreshing that we're immediately jumping into letting the other members of the team take the wheel (no pun intended). And this would seem to illustrate that no specific member of the team is needed to drive a specific vehicle, at least not yet. Though is does bring into question just why the robot needs pilots to begin with, since Boomdorio is sentient; a recurring problem for Sentais with similarly sentient mecha.

Oh, and it looks like there's a minor grammatical error in Anon's subs:
06:02: When attack[ing?] the corner, you cling to that line, no braking!

Finally, doesn't that cop look familiar? The best bit about this episode is in the Wiki: Takada Masashi plays Officer Asada, who also appeared in DonBrothers as the cop who was always chasing Tsubasa. He also plays unnamed cops on Geats, LupinRanger, and Zenkaiger who may or may not be the same character. Even if he's not the same character, I love that they have the same guy playing a cop again and again. It's a good running gag.:lol:
takenoko wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:36 pm Red's shirt is all torn up
Good catch. I had missed that. Is ripped clothing coming back into fashion?
Man, is anyone else disappointed by blue's confession? He doesn't confess anything really embarrassing or revelatory. What a lack of imagination there
Disappointed? No. In a more serious series I absolutely would be. But Boonboomger has clearly established that it's not that serious; at least not right now.
Lunagel wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:44 am
takenoko wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:36 pm
Japanese cops are notoriously bored. Sure there's the occasional big case but 99% of the time it's petty theft, drunk wrangling, traffic accidents, and acting as a glorified lost and found. There was a minor domestic incident (I assume, I never got details) at an apartment near mine and they sent out 4 goddamn squad cars. For a big murder case that happened last year they had over 200 cops (not a typo) crawling around the site.

So yeah, I don't doubt that a go-getter cop like Jou is being portrayed as a gofer
Man, how the other half lives. Over here we have a shortage of cops, and the ones we do have don't even begin to have the time to respond to all the stupid things that people get up to.
Last edited by ViRGE on Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>Finally, doesn't that cop look familiar? The best bit about this episode is in the Wiki: Takada Masashi plays Officer Asada, who also appeared in DonBrothers as the cop who was always chasing Tsubasa. He also plays unnamed cops on Geats, LupinRanger, and Zenkaiger who may or may not be the same character. Even if he's not the same character, I love that they have the same guy playing a cop again and again. It's a good running gag.:lol:

It makes me wonder if Asada is ever said anywhere else. He's definitely named in Don. And apparently Japanese people were like "Officer Asada is here in Geats" when he appeared there as well lol. It's just worth noting because in Lupin, he's basically the role model that made Pat1 the man that he is, basically his hero origin story
takenoko wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:36 pm Red's shirt is all torn up
Good catch. I had missed that. Is ripped clothing coming back into fashion?

The 90s are back baby

>Disappointed? No. In a more serious series I absolutely would be. But Boonboomger has clearly established that it's not that serious; at least not right now.

Yeah, but they could have had him say anything, so something more embarrassing would have been funnier
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga
Quote: Avatar artist:
https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/17930035

Post by Yaiba »

Is Shashiro trying to find dirt on Jou like a typical informant. Does he have dirt on the others too?

Mad Rex seems like an interesting villain, and could give Taiya a run for his money.

Isn't that an accessible toilet with only one seat. How did Mad Rex go after turning it into the MOTW?

They subverted the toilet jokes. Instead of brown and dirty it's now sparkling white clean. Flush those dirty facades down the toilet!

The two macho guys were just called Macho 1 and Macho 2 in the production blog. Were they cast together with the land shark in gotchard?

Blue and Black could have their toilet water bonding experience (while Pink gets to excitedly watch :oops: )
Lmao

==============
Funny discussion in the production blog:

At the script meeting, there was a heated discussion on the topic of "How would Toilet Gurumaa attack?''

Sealing the toilets to prevent people from going?
Tying people up with toilet paper?
Just because it's a Toilet Gurumaa... you can't show that kind of footage on Sunday morning!

In the end we came up with an attack that reveals the true nature of people.
Original Japanese Text
実は脚本会議では「トイレグルマーの攻撃方法」という議題で激論が繰り広げられました。

トイレを封印して人々の排泄を妨害する?とか、
トイレットペーパーで縛りあげる?とか…。
でもトイレグルマーだからと言って
そんな映像を日曜の朝から流せませんからね。

そこから生まれた本性を洗い出す攻撃。
ryujin
Gabu
Favorite series: MagiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Zero
Dreamy: Matsuyama Mary
Favorite Actor?: Masahiro Inoue
Favorite Band: SCANDAL
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: PS4
Quote: R/B is just ORB without the O and Tiga is just Taiga without the A ... tabun :P
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by ryujin »

For anyone who hasn't seen Ultraman Blazar, that guy with the abs is Yasunobu Bando (Hayate Kajihara), i still find it weird they cast this guy as the teams engineer/tech guy, cause nobody that ripped is an engineer or maybe it's just me :P

Blazar and Donbros cameos?, that's nice, still haven't seen Donbros though
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

ryujin wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:49 pm For anyone who hasn't seen Ultraman Blazar, that guy with the abs is Yasunobu Bando (Hayate Kajihara), i still find it weird they cast this guy as the teams engineer/tech guy, cause nobody that ripped is an engineer or maybe it's just me :P

Blazar and Donbros cameos?, that's nice, still haven't seen Donbros though
Do we know who the biceps guy was? It's weird that they didn't credit him, just the abs one
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

You think they just went to a gym and asked "hey you wanna be in a Sentai"
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Lunagel wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:53 pm You think they just went to a gym and asked "hey you wanna be in a Sentai"
I mean it's Toei, they've got houses and houses of stunt action stars they can just snap their fingers and they'll appear
Tokyo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Dengeki Sentai Changeman
2nd Favorite Series: Juspion
Dreamy: Kiramei Pink (Kiramager)
My boom: The official, yet 100% Brazilian, Juspion manga that came out.

Post by Tokyo »

takenoko wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:48 am The 90s are back baby
And again we have some 80's/90's Sentai style thing going on. That thing when the monster shoots some sort of tentacles (toilet paper, in this case), and some sort of harmful energy passes trough it and hits the heroes. This is so 80's it made my mullet grow back.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

i work in warehouse automation. that said i am on the inventory side of things and meet a lot of the R&D and IT guys. a good number are gym rats, but most are in good shape. i think there was some unspoken movement, even before the COVID, but especially after, but fit geek/nerd is a real thing now.

But anyways ...

:Gasp!: the team won without RED or the sixth ranger?! this is literally unheard of! ... In recent sentai anyways.

so i have to wonder of Mad Rex is the first [real] General for the Nyan-guys, or if he is the ring leader big boss. i kind of feel like the duo we've seen up and until now are more on the peon side of things.

So... again ... Mira must have a good agent. totally thought Blue would be in Reds place for the Mecha gattai, but NO! Mira rode in the trailer!

that must have been 1 amazingly made man hole cover to to have blocked that attack ... must have been the spinning. yes.....
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Added this trivia to the wiki:

His finishing attack The Furious Death Rod, which is a reference to Mad Max the Furious Death Road, the Japanese title of Mad Max: Fury Road.

I also almost changed his name to Mad Wrecks, but decided that the Rex is okay since it might refer to the dog on his side. It's ambiguous since Rex/Wrecks are written the same way in japanese. But Rex looks closer to Mad Max, soooo...
msf232
Faiz
Pronouns: Male
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

takenoko wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:48 pm I also almost changed his name to Mad Wrecks, but decided that the Rex is okay since it might refer to the dog on his side. It's ambiguous since Rex/Wrecks are written the same way in japanese. But Rex looks closer to Mad Max, soooo...
So there's no official romanization as of yet (regardless of how stupid it might look)?
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD

Return to “Tire People”