My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Gotchard 32 thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Ratings for last episode: 3.71 of 5 stars (7 votes)

wtf legend is canon? Did anyone else know this was a legend episode?

Why is Rinne sitting this one out?

Hey Sabi's got moves

Looks like Houtarou's found himself in Mirror World

What a wild woman Spanner's mom is. Treating them like human beings

Looks like they turned the stage areas of a Kamen Rider game into the plot of this episode

Klotho gets to beat up dudes now that she's not stuck acting as the Worf for the Riders

I guess the sisters' backstory is getting explained to everyone now. It's a little weird for Houtarou to learn this after they explaiend it properly to the audience

Oh, that form Gotchard used once

It's pretty funny the zoom in they have for Klotho thinking

Do we like Klotho's redesign? Seems kind of Mortal Kombat looking to me

So we're still continuing this Legend side arc? /me looks. Oh right, we're in the 30s
TokuGeek1999
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Re: KR Gotchard 32 thread

Post by TokuGeek1999 »

Looking forward to y'all's favorite Gotcha moment next week.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral

Post by takenoko »

Just some further thoughts

While I'm glad for an episode that spotlights Klotho, I can't help but feel really distracted by the presence of the Legend B plot. I wish they had the Klotho stuff happen on its own separate story, and the Legend stuff just self contained to this episode

Because it really messes with other stuff too. This episode's title is all about the Hades King coming, but we don't know who the fuck that guy is or even really what he's about. He gravity traps Houtarou and Klotho, then ?powers up Klotho? We don't even hear his name here

Meanwhile, we see Klotho dream of getting along with her sisters, but besides Lakhesis, does she really feel a connection to Atropos? It's nice to see her have a motivation, but it suffers from a case of the writer telling the audience Klotho cares about her sister, than actually showing moments where the sisters actually care for each other. (I mean, there's one or two scenes of Lakhesis trying to get Klotho to run away together, but it's sparse and underdeveloped)

And it sort of resets at the end anyway. The king turns her into some berserker lady, so does she still want to be with her sisters, or does she actually want to kill Houtarou? I'm sure it'll come up later, but it does feel like any time Houtarou tries to reach Klotho's humanity, it's immediately erased or undercut in an unsatisfying way

And they just immediately leave because they have to make way for the Legend bad guys to come in and take over the story. It's like someone told the writer "Keep telling the Gotchard story, but also work in this Legend tie-in anniversary nonsense. Good luck with that!"

Klotho and her cards:
https://www.tumblr.com/super-saiyan-ros ... urce=share

Amazons never dies:
https://www.tumblr.com/super-saiyan-ros ... urce=share
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga
Quote: Avatar artist:
https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/17930035

Post by Yaiba »

I have been hoping that the rumors of Legend appearing in the series proper were just that, rumors. Legend got a new toy that needed advertising. Shoehorning it in were so destructive to the story pacing, which wasn't great to being with. Gotchard should be its own contained story, leave these multi-universe BS to the movies and specials.

They tried to make use of this sudden third-party unknown enemy element to have Houtarou and Klotho on the same side, but it just fell flat. Houtarou tried to reach out again and it ended up nowhere as usual. And what did Klotho learned to deserve the "What's your fire" insert song? That she just likes fighting no matter what? But she already knew this before...

There were lots of out-of-suit actions. I keep trying to see which were Houtarou himself and which were his stunts double.

Spanner awkwardly trying to hide his displease with a smile. And Kouka was hilarious.

Klotho's new form reminded me of Raiden from Metal Gear.

==============
Random things from the production blog:
https://www.kamen-rider-official.com/gotchard/33/

The director of this episode, Sakamoto Koichi, were long time friends with Miyahara Kanon, Klotho's actress. It's why he's in charge of this Klotho's focus episode and Klotho got lots of action scenes.

Klotho's powerup was inspired by the 90s Super Sentai female villain Generals. They gave her this form instead of a monster form, because Klotho's actress can do her own stunts and they want to show it.

When Geryon mentioned "El Dorado (Golden Land)" during the gate opening, he was simply expressing his admiration for gold, its not the name of that "monster". Don't misinterpreted!

The Malgam human form was stunt actor Muraoka Hiroyuki, who played the groom's dad in BoonBoomger episode 1. He was chatting with the staff and when the staff said they watched BoonBoomger 1, Muraoka asked them to put him in Gotchard too. So they did.
Original Japanese Text
宮原さんと坂本監督のお付き合いは長いものなのであります。
ですので、当然そんな坂本監督がいらっしゃるので
タイミングが合えば、宮原さんの多く出る回をお願いできたらいいなぁ……。

イメージソースは90年代スーパー戦隊の
役者さんがそのままアクションもされる敵女幹部だったりするのですが
それも宮原さんのアクションスキルがあればこそ
こういう最近は見たことのない強化態に手を出すことができました。

そういえば、今わの際にグリオンが「エルドラド(黄金郷)」と呟いたのは、単に黄金への憧れを口にしただけで、あの「怪物」の名前とかではありませんので誤解なきよう!

AEの村岡弘之さんに「犯罪者」役でご出演いただきました!
一部界隈の皆様におかれましては
怪人の中から村岡さんが出てきたとき、思わず笑ってしまった方も多かったのでは。
きっかけは撮影所で村岡さんと遭遇した際「ブンブ〇ジャー1話見ましたよ!」とお伝えしたら「ガッチャードにも出してくださいよ!」と言われたので即実行させていただいた次第です。
村岡さん、コッテコテで最高の悪人芝居、ありがとうございました!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Muraoka is kind of a neat dude in that he's known for playing a lot of face roles as well as suit roles. If there's a monster with a funky human form, then it's usually played by him:
https://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Muraoka_Hiroyuki
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

takenoko wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:14 am Muraoka is kind of a neat dude in that he's known for playing a lot of face roles as well as suit roles. If there's a monster with a funky human form, then it's usually played by him:
https://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Muraoka_Hiroyuki
reminds me of a tumblr post I saw once where someone comments on being able to tell when a monster in a movie is played by this one dude because they all do a thing with their hands.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Hmm, I wonder which thing with their hands

[13:52] <~takenoko> I only play kamen rider gotchard
[13:52] <~takenoko> wait, does gotchard's cards even have a game component to it
[13:52] <~takenoko> or is it just a bunch of animals on cards
[13:52] <~takenoko> I genuinely don't know
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

takenoko wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:53 pm
[13:52] <~takenoko> I only play kamen rider gotchard
[13:52] <~takenoko> wait, does gotchard's cards even have a game component to it
[13:52] <~takenoko> or is it just a bunch of animals on cards
[13:52] <~takenoko> I genuinely don't know
Nope, it's literally just cards for the toys or the app. They don't even work in the GambaLegends machines
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Oh. So what's the point of collecting them outside the early onset addiction of a collect-'em-all?
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

it's pretty much JUST collecting them for using in the toys, since a) not every card comes with the toys to begin with so you need to do it to have access to all the sounds, and b) the ones that DO come with the toys are all extremely thin and bendable so they get damaged quickly, especially in stuff like Legend's belt where it's tricky to pull them back out without causing a dent in the top, so pack versions are sturdier card stock

Toei just opted to make fancy versions because why not try and get money out of collectors?

also, re: the hand thing
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

The app lets you scan the cards to do a mini henshin/rider battle. It also registers all the cards you've scanned so you can see how many you don't have and beg your parents for more. I'm lucky my kid doesn't care about rarity/shiny cards so I can get away with just buying the commons for 50 yen each at Surugaya.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Oh right Doug Jones. I didn't know he did a hand thing. Guess I'll have to watch out for that lol
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

Lunagel wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:57 pm The app lets you scan the cards to do a mini henshin/rider battle. It also registers all the cards you've scanned so you can see how many you don't have and beg your parents for more. I'm lucky my kid doesn't care about rarity/shiny cards so I can get away with just buying the commons for 50 yen each at Surugaya.
unfortunately, that's how they get ya sometimes by taking some cards and not giving them common versions. all well and good for people buying singles, but if you need to buy packs/boxes for some reason or another, you can just get super unlucky and not see some cards ever. I'm STILL missing a basic rare from Phase:02 because my boxes didn't have it and it's so low rarity no one cares enough about it for it to be popping up on mandarake.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Do westerners trade amongst each other? I know when I was in the Ranger Strike hole that I was in, I'd go around looking for different sites for people to trade/buy/sell with
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

I'm sure there are people who do.

Return to “Kamen Rider Gotchard”