My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Boonboomger 08 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Ratings for last week's episode: 4.33 out of 5 (9 votes)

We're just podracing for fun now??

Oh hey, full opening for the first time. Aww, orange just looks at his license and his scenes kind of get combined with blacks. No major changes. Guess it makes sense since there's only so much you can cram into an opening

CanI just say how weird Taiya is as a character. He's like enigmatic Michael Keaton in the first Batman movie. You know he's rich, but you don't really get what motivates him or why he's doing the things he does. Just that he's sorta talented

Also what color ranger is Mira this week/

BBG Big Bang Grandprix? BoonBoomGer?

Oh shit, Taiya's not actually a hero. Was anyone surprised that his big dream was to be in a big race though?

Where is the robot anyway? It's not like he can just go whereever he wants?

Cue Admiral Ackbar

The Three Seaters are adorable

/me stares are red's weird torn shirt. That's never not going to be distracting for me

That finish was kind of fun. I can't wait to watch these guys act like tops

Well the BoonBoom is back at the base now

Oh so that's how Mad rex's bike works

Wait, I want to see BoonBoom turn from robo to gate to robo again

Looks like cloning through the technology of car duplication is yet to succeed

Wasn't expecting Mad Rex to survive that. Kind of amazed by how messed uptheir mecha got though. It's only episode 8

Classic Taiya, getting out of questions by fainting

I never noticed orange and pink riding their vehicles in the background in the ending theme. That's cute

Guess we'll get our answers next week. Pink continues to be the audience stand-in, asking the questions that we'd be curious about

Edit:
It's funny that Mad Rex offers a better temptation to the dark side for Taiya than Anakin gets in the prequel movies

Trivia from the wiki:
Their boss Waruid Spindo is a parody of Wild Speed, the Japanese name for the Fast and the Furious movie series.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Re: Boonboomger 08 discussion thread

Post by HowlingSnail »

TAIYAAAAAA

*Upbeat music*

Yarudoki wa yaru ore nan da ze...

(On that note, they've gone back to the original ending, with the unmorphed Boonboomgers in the car.)

So Waruido Spindo is our main villain...maybe. Feels like we're constantly being shown more layers of the Hashilien hierarchy. Wanna bet he's involved with this Grand Prix in some way?
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga
Quote: Avatar artist:
https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/17930035

Post by Yaiba »

I kind of understand why Mira and Jou were mad, like they felt Taiya had a hidden agenda and they were being deceived into risking their lives for Taiya's dream.

But this whole thing was Taiya's agenda. It was his gig to begin with. His vision, his effort, his time, his money. Taiya didn't asked them to join. They wanted in and Taiya let them. You can't just join someone else's gig and then get mad when it turned out it wasn't what you expected.

I feel like Genba and the ISA lady were old acquaintance.

Mad Rex is hands-on and strong. I like commanders that get in on the action and being an actual threat, instead of always just sitting in a back room.

ISA is going to disband the Boonboomgers again?

The Special Boonboom Car is a special campaign item. I'm surprised they actually wrote a story around it instead of just releasing it as yet another recolor toy.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral

Post by takenoko »

Yaiba wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:20 am The Special Boonboom Car is a special campaign item. I'm surprised they actually wrote a story around it instead of just releasing it as yet another recolor toy.
Yeah, that surprised me too. Normally these special weirdo toys don't get any story content. Just seems like kind of a dick move since it's a limited run item
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

takenoko wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:14 am
Yaiba wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:20 am The Special Boonboom Car is a special campaign item. I'm surprised they actually wrote a story around it instead of just releasing it as yet another recolor toy.
Yeah, that surprised me too. Normally these special weirdo toys don't get any story content. Just seems like kind of a dick move since it's a limited run item
I'll have you know the Merry Christmas Wizard Ring got used, it summoned Santa. (And it doesn't even have a sound in the Shiroi Mahoutsukai Driver, that's how little they cared about it.)
Seen:
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

Taiya supposedly got his fortune young. do we think that happened before or after he met Boondorio? wondering if him working on BBG stuff is what led to the fortune and then it feeds back into affording to work on more, or if the fortune came first.
Yaiba wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:20 am I feel like Genba and the ISA lady were old acquaintance.
I get the implication between this and him just farting around in past episodes talking to various people about stuff that he's a known quantity as "when you NEED something and can't get it easily, Genba's the guy you call." so there's probably plenty of people who know him, and, if we don't end up leaving earth early on and hanging out in the space race for most of the season, his focus episodes will likely involve him helping out past/new customers.

also, inb4 "Hanna-Barbera's Wacky Spaces" has a pitstop near the KingOhger planet to facilitate their crossover episode(s)/movie
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Connie_Edogawa wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:38 pmalso, inb4 "Hanna-Barbera's Wacky Spaces" has a pitstop near the KingOhger planet to facilitate their crossover episode(s)/movie
It very much reminded me of the shots of Machine World from episode 1 of Go-Onger, which ties in with people speculating we're getting a big car crossover like how we got the Kyoryugers last year.
Seen:
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

HowlingSnail wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:45 am
Connie_Edogawa wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:38 pmalso, inb4 "Hanna-Barbera's Wacky Spaces" has a pitstop near the KingOhger planet to facilitate their crossover episode(s)/movie
It very much reminded me of the shots of Machine World from episode 1 of Go-Onger, which ties in with people speculating we're getting a big car crossover like how we got the Kyoryugers last year.
yeah, I remember hearing rumors that Go-Onger and ToQGer were coming back this year back before the season started airing.

that said, this is a fandom. rumors that "thing we liked is coming back" happen with little to no evidence beyond "we would like it to happen."
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I'm just going to call it now. I wouldn't mind if we get Boonboom Wings.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Phoenix512 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:15 pm I'm just going to call it now. I wouldn't mind if we get Boonboom Wings.
Only if they look like this
https://www.disneyplus.com/movies/the-r ... LWInsKpovV
lennyhouston16
Go Go!
Favorite series: Gaim, OOO, Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva, W, Go-Busters
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by lennyhouston16 »

Is anyone getting a weird video pause around 14:22 yet the file is still going?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Oh, that's bad since I think there's something wrong with my harddrive. It's really slow and laggy today, so maybe the encode got corrupted somehow? I'll have to figure out what's wrong withit before I can reencode
Galada
Go Go!

Post by Galada »

lennyhouston16 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:55 pm Is anyone getting a weird video pause around 14:22 yet the file is still going?
It's glitchy and weird to me as well.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Ugh, looks like some of my files got corrupted:

https://pastebin.com/ipMt0hze
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Connie_Edogawa wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:08 pm
HowlingSnail wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:45 am

yeah, I remember hearing rumors that Go-Onger and ToQGer were coming back this year back before the season started airing.

that said, this is a fandom. rumors that "thing we liked is coming back" happen with little to no evidence beyond "we would like it to happen."
What, you mean the police lady isn't gonna be Bun Violet? But I want her to be! I don't care that there's no evidence!

That said...
Spoiler
Magazine scans are out for May, Go-On Red is appearing.
Seen:

Return to “Tire People”