My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Gotchard 33 thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Ratings for last episode: 4 of 5 stars (7 votes)

How do we feel about Gigis? I like that he's a simpler design, but his blank face really doesn't give him much of an impact

Why are the Handred (hangry?) all wearing black and red ribbons?

I'm surprised there's not a comic book pop up saying "Hey kids, if you want to know where Ichinose knows the Handred from, go subscribe to TTFC and watch Kamen Rider Legends specials now!"

No opening this week?

Why the dimesnional curtain? They were already in this world

The male and female side villains have names that mean twilight and dusk. Meanwhile, Saigetsu just means Years/time. I guess they had some time puns leftover from Zi-O

Ooh, so that's why that guy is a suit actor

Ooh, so that's why the army is here. Time for your hero moment, Lakhesis

Hahaha, that zoom in for the kiss. So awkward. That's kind of fun to recycle the old Valvarad suit though

LOL dark kiva grabbing gotchard's bulky breast plate

I'm not sure how "scrap" fits into the language of the time/dark kiva guy

Yes Kajiki, you've met your doppleganger. Time to die

Is Majade's helmet really a lit helmet? They seem to like playing with that mechanic (Sad she doesn't get a weird headcrab helmet like other hacked Riders from Geats)

Huh, when did Gotchard get that bee helmet?

You know, I don't think I like the look of Klotho's new suit just by appearance. But I think it's pretty good in battle. It looks like she can move pretty easily in it and I like her hair flipping around when she's moving

Hmm, given how there's almost no story, does this feel to anyone else like this was a Kamen Rider Legend sequel that they just decided to upgrade to a regular episode? It's a bit of filler, but the action is fun and it'd be a shame if it were just locked away behidn the TTFC paywall

This is the most sisterly thing that's happened in the whole show. Can't fault them for making up for underdevelopmness

wtf why is zein here now? Are you okay, Mr. Toei?

rip lady villain, you surely can't survive to rider finishers

I wasn't paying attention, but I'm pretty sure Zein just said "Go watch Outsiders on TTFC"

I can't tell if I think Eternal's weird drop kick is cool or not. I guess it is

What? You can't do a friend learning your secret identity thing here. These are all good things that should take their time to be done properly in an actual episode!!

Hahaha, hello there random girl wandering into the fighting. I like that she can't find her dumb mom, but she was around long enough to see him untransform from Gotchard. That girl sure looks like the kid from Blade

You can do it Mumen Rider! Wait, why does this scene with Kajiki look familiar. Did they do this in the Kyoto arc?

Why is his belt fucking glowing? I guess it's filled with the cheers of the audience

/me asks the writer why this guy's character trait is loving the word scrap. Look Toei, if your character's main thing is saying the same word in every sentence, you've written a bad character. It's as simple as I can make it. No one look at mr gotcha over there

I never noticed that mr houou/phoenix has phoenix feathers on his necklace before

I'm sure the compression loved all that light effects from Legend's transformation

I guess all the Legend cards are 5's so they can match with each other? I'm sure we discussed it back when Legend first came out

Hmm, who's Legend's suit actor? Does he get to do all the different riders or are they sharing that now that mr kamen rider is no longer actively doing all the heisei Riders

What is this song?

I see they still haven't made a new mask for Blade

I forget where it's mentioned, but Dark Kiva's Wake Up 3 was supposed to have the power to destroy the world. Guess it's canon now. Also, yes, you're a character that should be speaking in time puns. Not scrap!

This... isn't just a two parter?

What can I say? The story is stupid as rocks and there's so many things to make fun of, but I had such a fun time being pandered to. The fights were genuinely creative and a lot of fun. We spent enough time with each Rider form that it felt like it was worth bringing them out of storage. I wish the story and characters were better, but I can't argue with being given a good time

Edit:
Another thing that makes me think the script was written pre new year is because they keep referring to Houtarou as the Kamen Rider like he's the only one still. And all of Houtarou's stuff is completely separate from the others, making me think that stuff was written up to fill up the episode
Androzani84
Quote: I fear that someday people will cite quotes I never said - Albert Einstein

Re: KR Gotchard 33 thread

Post by Androzani84 »

So, fun fact, during the Platina henshin this episode, the production team deliberately inserted one Chemy for every letter of the alphabet to reference that the opponent was Eternal… but since there are no Chemies beginning with Q, they used Hiikescue as a “close enough” substitute
Mxylv
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

Props to this episode for remembering Gotchard has a number of forms! The action was at the top of its game, as befits Sakamoto; I also love his tendency to force almost everyone to get in on the action, partially because it means Renge and Sabi get some time to shine.

Anyway, this felt simultaneously quite competently directed and not sure why it existed. I haven't seen the Legend specials, but why wasn't this a side story, be it TTFC or even just YouTube? A friend watching Gaim commented that they had no idea why a red and blue guy showed up for one episode and disappeared, but afterward I could simply mark it as a skippable tie-in for the Kikaider movie; this feels important enough for both Klothos and Lachesis that I don't think it's skippable. If this turns into a five or seven-episode arc, I feel like Legend & co are justified as part of the show, but it's an odd time to bring in guest stars.

Speaking of sisters, they were wonderful as ever; I was worried that Klothos was just going to be a barbarian from the previous ep on, but I'm glad there still seems to be some of herself in there.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, HwTM, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, but you can give me the Sakamoto treat for 2-3 episodes. After that, get to work on those characters and story!

>So, fun fact, during the Platina henshin this episode, the production team deliberately inserted one Chemy for every letter of the alphabet to reference that the opponent was Eternal… but since there are no Chemies beginning with Q, they used Hiikescue as a “close enough” substitute

That's probably true, but I can only find up to 22-24 of them when counting them up
Edit: https://www.kamen-rider-official.com/up ... a059f1.png
Oh, there's the list
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

takenoko wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:45 pm I'm surprised there's not a comic book pop up saying "Hey kids, if you want to know where Ichinose knows the Handred from, go subscribe to TTFC and watch Kamen Rider Legends specials now!"

No opening this week?
I think the title card briefly flashing to the Gotchard vs Legend title card and back again WAS the Comic Book pop-up
Is Majade's helmet really a lit helmet? They seem to like playing with that mechanic (Sad she doesn't get a weird headcrab helmet like other hacked Riders from Geats)
tbf, when Punkjack came back to suicide attack Geats that first time, his normal helmet was on top of the headcrab helmet to hide that he was still being controlled for a bit before it blew up and revealed the headcrab helmet was still there. could've just been doing that, and she got dehenshined before a full reveal.
Huh, when did Gotchard get that bee helmet?
pretty sure that's just the AntWrestler helmet, but with Fire Gotchard stuff added to the goggles because they lazily converted the suit, same as they did with Fire AppareBushido, since it's clear Fire SteamHopper was the only form meant as a proper upgrade.
Hmm, given how there's almost no story, does this feel to anyone else like this was a Kamen Rider Legend sequel that they just decided to upgrade to a regular episode? It's a bit of filler, but the action is fun and it'd be a shame if it were just locked away behind the TTFC paywall
the impression I'm getting is either

"Legend's spinoff episodes didn't get a ton of views, but we really want to sell these toys, so shove it into the show proper. might even get them to go back and pay for TTFC to watch the spinoffs"

or

"well, the Legend spinoffs were popular, and the main show isn't doing quite as well as we'd like, so shove Legend in there to boost views, since everyone loves a Decade, even if he's a knock-off."
wtf why is zein here now? Are you okay, Mr. Toei?

I wasn't paying attention, but I'm pretty sure Zein just said "Go watch Outsiders on TTFC"
"hey, we're making them go watch the Legend episodes in TTFC anyway, may as well remind them we have more stuff to check out."
What? You can't do a friend learning your secret identity thing here. These are all good things that should take their time to be done properly in an actual episode!!
I mean, this also isn't the first time they've had him learn that and then wiped his memory, so they'll probably do it again.
I guess all the Legend cards are 5's so they can match with each other? I'm sure we discussed it back when Legend first came out
that's it exactly. they have specific pairings that have dedicated form names, which Houtarou used some of in the spin-off episode, though the app for tracking your collection doesn't count them as actual forms or have images for them, even though it'll make the sounds for them.

it's pretty much also the reason why the 10 Geats rider cards from Phase:00 have two number 5s, since they paired the main four riders with their supporters and Glare with Gazer, meaning Ziin had to be a 5 to pair with Geats, so they top out at a 9 instead of a proper 1-10.
What is this song?
I can tell you what it isn't: What's Your Fire for the 20th week in a row, to the relief of a vocal section of the fandom I'm sure.
Androzani84 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:39 am So, fun fact, during the Platina henshin this episode, the production team deliberately inserted one Chemy for every letter of the alphabet to reference that the opponent was Eternal… but since there are no Chemies beginning with Q, they used Hiikescue as a “close enough” substitute
oh that makes sense.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga
Quote: Avatar artist:
https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/17930035

Post by Yaiba »

As usual, the best part of the episode was the sisters. I like Lakhesis' transformation, her combi with Spanner and the interaction with Klotho. The supporting cast got some fighting in as well instead of just standing around gaping. (Which they did still spent a lot of time doing in this episode)

The action was fun, but I wasn't really paying attention to anything else. I admit I did LOL when the Legend Kamen Riser just smashed into Dark Kiva. After 16 years Dark Kiva finally got to use the self-destructing Wake Up 3 for the first time, but he just got plunked out of the sky.

Everyone and their mom showed up. Why was Zein even here.

Legend spammed the entirety of the Hensei lineup (Kuuga to Decade). Next week I presume he'll spam the Neo Hensei and Reiwa lineup. Sorry Showa Riders!

Was Legend's actor someone's golden child? This was unprecedented for an auxiliary Rider who only appeared in in a short Special. His story got inserted into and took up three (I hope its only three) episodes in the main TV run, got a final form already, got to sing his own a character song and got an album released as well.

https://music.rakuten.co.jp/link/album/27162640

(Shinobi was also an auxiliary Rider. Come on, I'd like to see more of him!)

===========
Production blog stuff

The very first thing written on the blog was:
...When the staff preview was over, everyone was stunned. Then someone said:
"Director Sakamoto, you overdid it...!!"

The 3 dark Riders' transformation poses was intentionally different from the original.
The actors consulted with the staff and came up with something with their own style.

Tasogare was played by Hashido Ryuma. He was mainly a suit actor, so at the request of Director Sakamoto he played Eternal as well.

The red static on Eternal's arms during the transformation was intentional.
He was supposed to turned into Red Flare form, but Handred's copying ability overpowered it.

As someone mentioned above, Director Sakamoto wanted the Rider Kick between Platinum Gatchard and Eternal to use all the Memories like in the "Kamen Rider W Forever: A to Z" movie. So they selected 26 Chemys in alphabetical order to match.
https://www.kamen-rider-official.com/up ... a059f1.png

Since Lakhesis used Repli MadWheel, Valvarad's form was changed slightly. In the initial draft, they wanted Lakhesis' Valvarad to have a more cutie look, but in the end decided Valvarad should just be a "system".

For Zein's lines, the director brought the original footage of Super 1 into the the recording studio, so voice actor Okawa Toru can learn the correct way to say "Super Rider Moon Kick".

Legend's form change suit actors:
Kuuga, Den-O: Eitoku
Agito, Hibiki, Kiva: Nakata Yuji
Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Kabuto, Decade: Asai Kosuke
Original Japanese Text
……スタッフ試写が終わり
唖然のなか、誰かが一言言いました。
「坂本監督、やり過ぎです……!!」

変身所作も意図的にオリジナルとは変えるべく
各役者さんとスタッフで相談しながら、彼ら流のものを考えました。

タソガレを演じるのは、橋渡竜馬さん!
普段はスーツアクターとして主に活動されている
橋渡さんでしたので
今回、坂本監督たってのご希望で
変身したエターナルのスーツアクトも同時にお願いいたしました!!

変身時に、一瞬両腕に赤いノイズエフェクトが入るのは意図的です。
「本来はレッドフレアになるべきだが、ハンドレッドのコピー能力がそれに勝ってしまう」

プラチナガッチャードvsエターナルのキック合戦は「AtoZ」でやったメモリ全部使用をやりたいとの坂本監督。
ということでプラチナガッチャードがまとったケミーたちの選抜理由、もう分かりましたか?
……それはずばり、アルファベット順!

レプリマッドウィールを使用しているので少しデザインがケミー準拠で変わっておりますね。
初期案ではラケシスのヴァルバラッシャーは盛り盛りにデコってラケシスヴァルバラドも「ゆめ可愛い」感じにしようかという案も出たのですが
今回はそちらに振るのではなくあくまで「システム」としてのヴァルバラドにこだわってみました。

ゼインの声優をご担当される大川透さんに
今回力を使った「仮面ライダースーパー1」の
「スーパーライダー月面キック」を本編の言い方をコピーしていただくため
監督みずから原典の映像をアフレコルームに持ち込み
オリジナルに匹敵する「げつめぇぇーん!!!」という叫びを
大川さんから頂いておりました。すごいコダワリっぷり……。

仮面ライダークウガ,電王    永徳
仮面ライダーアギト,響鬼,キバ  中田裕士
仮面ライダー龍騎,ファイズ,ブレイド,カブト,ディケイド 浅井宏輔
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

I don't understand. Why is the image quality all fuzzy? And why does the camera shake so much? And why does the writing feel so distinctly different?
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

So, what is going to happen next week? Will Legend defeat the King of Hades and then leave so that the last 17 episode can be hijinks, resolving the Hades Sisters soap opera, and introducing a new pokemon go card game rip off? Or, will Legend turn heel and try to make the chemys gorgeous?

At least Lakhesis gets a super over the top henshin sequence, fitting her cutesy image.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

resop2 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:16 pm At least Lakhesis gets a super over the top henshin sequence, fitting her cutesy image.
It's kind of interesting because they are getting female stunt actors to play the gender neutral suits like Glare or Valvarad, even though there's nothing to indicate they're women in the suit design itself

Edit:
G-G-Gorgeous
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFVZOd7QX5o
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Zein showing up was really "Episode 5 of Outsiders is premiering in 2 weeks".

I'm waiting for Kajiki to get permanent memory loss since he's been mind wipe so many times.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

What is Outsiders?
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Kamen Rider Outsiders is a TTFC series where mostly evil Kamen Riders are fighting a threat called Kamen Rider Zein. The episodes are half-length usually and release irregularity.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

It's a spin off of those Dan Kuroto april fool's day shorts, weirdly enough
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

they're borrowing/stealing rider powers from other worlds huh? but! KR eternal is 1 guy! he's not 2! hes a U not a W!

id have stolen the gazer/glare suit too, its pretty cool.

... is this becoming an anniversary show? this feels very anniversary show.

but, Alchemy and other dimensions as well as there being 11 dimensions, 1 of which has to do with space time. IF thats what they are doing here.... strong IF.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Please, Toei. Buy some silver paint for Blade's helmet.

So, uh...is this just a temporary thing? Or is this becoming the Kamen Rider Legend show now? Will Decade show up at some point? What about the Gotchard plot?

The girl using Glare is mildly disappointing, way too recent. Though I guess if you want evil girl Riders, the only other one would be the one from the Blade movie, and what are the odds they have a useable suit for her sitting around?
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers

Return to “Kamen Rider Gotchard”