My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Boonboomger 10 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Ratings for last week's episode: 4.56 out of 5 (9 votes)

What's pink doing? Is this her part time job? Helping with her parents? Is this her hobby? Guess that's not her parents. Can't rich red just pay her to be a full time Boonboomger?

Oh thank god it's not another kashiwamochi

That's cute, Itasha paid with a bunch of screws

Was that what Pink was wearing at her other job?

Japan needs to fix their roofs

Feels like you shouldn't be rolling around with the explosive case. Mira landed pretty close to that roof debris

This is a policeman

Oh, the rangers are befriending the children. A very important sentai duty

Orange and pink are good friends in the middle of the episode already. What's the conflict for the rest of the episode?

Guess it'll be a while before we see teh Three Seaters fight themselves, if at all

/me rubs his chin at the orange feet wheel launcher

New robo theme song?

SO even though though orange and pink are in the same vehicle, they both have steering wheels once the robo arms are in effect. No wait, orange is on the left seat. So I guess he's in a different car now? The car cockpit is a cool idea, but it seems like it's a pain to represent all the rangers together in a robo. I bet they miss the group cockpit where they can all just be in the same place

Orange is such a smooth guy. I think he and Mira are my two favorites so far

Is that Abared?

Looks like Boom Pink is becoming Boom Orange next week
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Re: Boonboomger 10 discussion thread

Post by HowlingSnail »

Yeah, I like proper mecha cockpits. Not had one now since Ryusoulger. I guess this is easier to do? Means you don't need to fiddle with stuff as much for different combinations.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

/me sailing in with the deets you missed

Koinobori are a traditional decoration (along with samurai helmets) for Children's Day (5/5 the day of airing). There's a children's song with the lyrics "Koinobori, flying higher than the roof", hence why a floating power is completely on-brand. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoA5u2z3I2Q

You can see the kids and also Boom-chan wearing paper samurai helmets.

Boom-chan talking about bleeding gums is a reference to this 1960s toothpaste commercial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urgO52x9o48 Um, way to appeal to the youth?
Thinking about it, I guess I get it, it'd be like if someone was frying an egg and randomly said, "This is your brain on drugs." Okay, it's still not funny but it is a reference?

The line "Koi Dance" is a reference to this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhOVibLEDhA The dancers in yellow are doing the (popularly nicknamed) Koi Dance, which was omnipresent about 6-7 years ago.

Kashiwamochi (and pretty much anything else made with anko paste) comes in smooth (koshi an) paste or chunky (tsubu an) paste versions. For chunky paste the bits of skin and some larger pieces of anko are left in. Generally the older crowd prefers chunky, I prefer smooth myself.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga
Quote: Avatar artist:
https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/17930035

Post by Yaiba »

It's too sensitive to vibrations to be transported by vehicles, but you can launched and throw it around just fine... Riiiiiigt...

I love the random car sounds they added to all the random everyday movements.

The motw's Kansai dialect was annoyingly funny.

Was this episode the result of people complaining Genba got shafted because he debuted in-between Mad Rex's final arc.

Also, was this an excuse for Joe to show off his muscles?

Although I don't like excessive cgi like the rainbow car chases, I commend them for still finding new ways to throw Yalcar out every time.

========
Production Blog
https://www.toei.co.jp/entertainment/tv ... _3963.html

The attache case in addition to having the ISA logo, the management number was also listed.

"BUN-1996-10-23"

This number is Soma-kun (Genba's actor)'s birthday!

Action director Atsushi Watanabe suggested Genba to control the case with his foot during the fight because Soma was a huge soccer fan.

(Look at the horror on the grunt's face)

The robot fight BGM was "RIDE ON! "BoonBoomger Robo", sung by Masaaki Endo.

Bellora was also dressed for Children's Day.
Original Japanese Text
ちなみにこの玄蕃が持っているアタッシュケース、
ISAのロゴの他に管理番号が記載されています。

この数字、よーく見ると…
「BUN-1996-10-23」

この数字は相馬くんの生年月日!
こんな細かい部分、誰にも気づかれないかもしれませんが、
僕はなんとか気づいたのでここで公にしておきます笑

ちなみに足技で軽々アクションをするのは
相馬くんが大のサッカー好きというところから渡辺淳アクション監督が提案したそう。

BGMはロボ戦用に遠藤正明さんが歌われた
『RIDE ON!ブンブンジャーロボ』がかかっております。
これまた爆上がる〜!

さらに、EDテーマに入る直前、ブンブンによる口上が入ります。
マツリカさんのご提案で素敵なエッセンスが加えられましたね〜。
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral

Post by takenoko »

Yaiba wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 7:59 am It's too sensitive to vibrations to be transported by vehicles, but you can launched and throw it around just fine... Riiiiiigt...
Knowing the truth now, I guess Genba wasn't too good at faking the sensitive material thing. Although technically he did say the only thing that would make it explode was if it hit the ground, sooo
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

takenoko wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 8:31 am
Yaiba wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 7:59 am It's too sensitive to vibrations to be transported by vehicles, but you can launched and throw it around just fine... Riiiiiigt...
Knowing the truth now, I guess Genba wasn't too good at faking the sensitive material thing. Although technically he did say the only thing that would make it explode was if it hit the ground, sooo
It was always questionable, given that you would never in a million years authorise someone to handle something that dangerous, and just casually wander through public streets, with plenty of other people around to blow up if you so much as sneeze.

I guess they were banking on the villains just being morons.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

To be fair, the villains have proved themselves to be morons this far
Ruffinn Kein
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: 人知れず生まれ、人知れず生きる、そして人知れず消えるもの。それでも人に知られ、思い出されたいもの。
Type: INTP Architect
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ruffinn_kein/

Post by Ruffinn Kein »

Now, that's a Sentai episode. Seeing 2 teammates naturally bond despite their differences in personality, and hopefully making it stronger over the year. I was having a hard time getting into Boonboomger for the first few episodes (due to suffering from "King-Ohger loss", as Toei calls it), but after episode 9 and 10, I think I can come around.
Orange is definitely my favorite male ranger on the team. And at this point, I have grown to like Mira, despite having a thing against airheaded female rangers like her. And seeing these 2 bond made me like them so much more.
One complaint I've had about Boonboomger since earlier episodes (and I usually don't complain about mech fights or fight scenes), is that, if 2 rangers are sitting in the same mech, what the heck is the purpose of the ranger sitting on the front passenger seat? The ranger who sits on the passenger seat doesn't seem to contribute directly to the fight other than activating other mechs, as far as I have seen... Then what's the point? Either make them all pilot their own mechs or make them do something more, but don't just make them sit there pointlessly.
Yaiba wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 7:59 am The motw's Kansai dialect was annoyingly funny.
I think it's really cool that the motw was voiced by the motw's suit actor, Muraoka Hiroyuki, who also has a Kansai dialect.
Yaiba wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 7:59 am Action director Atsushi Watanabe suggested Genba to control the case with his foot during the fight because Soma was a huge soccer fan.
Souma Satoru also used to play soccer in his school days.
takenoko wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 10:36 pm Orange is such a smooth guy.
I second that. I've never said this about anyone before as far as I can recall, but even his regular talking voice is charming, imo. Like, that's some next level of coolness. I've seen visually attractive males on Toku so far, but not many I can recall whose talking voices I'd found interesting like Genba's.
Ruffinn Kein 🙃
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral

Post by takenoko »

I think there's some real power in being relaxed and in control. We get the hot and excitable reds and we have the cool leader types, but the easygoing characters are interesting characters too and super underrated

Return to “Tire People”