My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Boonboomger 11 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Ratings for last week's episode: 4.29 out of 5 (7 votes)

Is that Taiya's dad? lol A guy named Raita is in charge of Lightning Tech

I wonder what the G in Orange's ring means. G for Genba?

Shirabe looks like she's drinking a parody of boss coffee

What a weird rich guy map this guy has. It looks like it's made of business chart bars and some kind of fancy paper?

New guy looks like a mad scientist. Is that Agent Abrera's voice?

Yalcar having a cartoon mouth lol

Antenna is kind of a cool looking monster. What's the point of the new boss guy? Is he going to boss around the three stooges even harder? Boss harder?

Looks like a fun day to be an extra

Mira, you can't wear Orange Ranger's colors! That's confusing for the kids!

Stylish transformation for blue

After seeing hot black last week, it makes you why they hide all that under those unstylish suspenders

We still don't know why red does anything that he does

Huh neat. So it's like the monsters get a second form upgrade halfway through like a Dark Souls boss

OH man, I thought controlled pink was going to damage red's car

Kind of a silly way to restore them. Would have preferred them doing some precise attacks to destroy the antennas

Oh no, they were almost hit by garbage during the race

I wonder if that flaming castle set that Knight appears in is real or cgi

I enjoyed the monster running behind a builiding. Love seeing the set details

Dr Frankenstein's lips bother me

Okay, that can't be all there is to rich guy and Taiya. But... it's not a very good mystery. So why hide it or save it for later?

lol, blue wearing the car box being surprised

I saw the thumbnails on YouTube, but I'm surprised Go-On Red is here already. Hopefully we'll get a more full Go-On cast later in the season?

/me already misses when people referred to the Boombumgers as Tire People

Fun episode, with a surprise mini Ranger versus Ranger subplot (maybe it was in last week's preview, which I've already forgotten). Bit disappointed by the introduction of the rich guy because... there was nothing there. He seemed pleasant. Normally if you're going to withhold information, there'd be some conflict to it. Like why is that guy being so mysterious or is he up to something? Is he up to somethign, was he just testing Taiya to see if he's a bambonger? Totally unclear!
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Re: Boonboomger 11 discussion thread

Post by HowlingSnail »

I have nothing to say about this episode, but the next time preview made me so maching happy.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga
Quote: Avatar artist:
https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/17930035

Post by Yaiba »

Fans had been commenting on the way Mira holds her sword, that she's holding the "sword" part and hitting people with the handle. I can't being they actually have Taiya to tell her off on that. This show is so meta.

Shashiro was a spy, right? Was that espionage mission where Taiya caught him and recruited him?

Such team rocket vibes. Ask who are you? Gives an extensively long self-introduction.

Nice real time henshin scenes. They're making use of the wheel on the changers like Boukenger did.

Lol the MOTW forming his own sentai.

It's such a nice way to cheer up a sick kid by having his actual hero visit him.

====================
Production blog
https://www.toei.co.jp/entertainment/tv ... _3963.html

The CEO was played by Nagato Katsuhiko. They wanted to cast someone who can appeared kind but also dramatic and theatrical. Director Atsushi brought in Mr. Nagato who fit the bill. Mr. Nagato worked mainly on stage, and could make great use of his voice and body to perform.

They wanted the Cannonborg's gender to remain unknown, so they casted a female voice actor who can perform a nice bass voice that could be interpreted as a male voice.

For the pre-transform-fighting scenes, the actors practiced hard for the actions in advance. They reviewed the recorded practice videos and also practiced independently before the day of filming. Suzuki (Pink) was unable to participate in the practice beforehand, but desperately tried to catch up by kept asking her suit actor Sakanashi-san questions.

In the scene where Antenna attacked people, they called in many extras to create an action scene with a large number of people. It was quite difficult to film and took a long time. It's worth watching.
The staff: "By the way, do you like suit actors? How many actors did you find? If you missed them, please re-watch the scene."

Original Japanese Text
演じてくださったのは長戸勝彦さん。「優しそうに見えて、大也すらも圧倒するダイナミックなお芝居ができる方」というキャスティングを考えていたところ、淳監督が「イメージにピッタリな方がいる」と長戸さんをご教示くださり、ご出演をお願いいたしました。普段は舞台を中心にお仕事されている長戸さん。声や身体を大きく使ったお芝居で、内藤雷汰の器の大きさを魅力的に見せてくださいました。

キャノンボーグの声優さんのキャスティングも、淳監督と悩みに悩みました。
当初、男性声優の方にお願いする想定だったのですが、
「キャノンボーグの不気味さを出すにはどんな方にお願いするのが良いだろうか」と相談していく中で、
「性別不明なキャラクターにしたい」「男性の声ともとれるような、低音が素敵な女性声優の方にお願いしてみよう」という結論に至り、くじらさんにお願いすることになりました。

この場面は事前にアクション練習を行い、キャストのみなさんが一生懸命練習してくださって出来上がりました。
録画した練習動画を見て各自復習し、当日の待ち時間も自主練。
事前の練習に参加が叶わなかった鈴木さんも、ブンピンクのアクター坂梨さんに積極的に質問し、遅れを取り戻そうと必死にくらいついていたとのこと。

アンテナグルマーが人々を襲う場面では多くのエキストラの方をお呼びし、大人数でのアクションシーンを作ってくださいました。
やはり相当大変だったようで、長い時間をかけて撮影を行なったこの場面、見応えがあります。
ちなみに、スーツアクターさん好きなあなた。
何名のアクターさんを見つけられましたか?
見逃した方はぜひ一度巻き戻してくださいね。
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral

Post by takenoko »

>By the way, do you like suit actors? How many actors did you find? If you missed them, please re-watch the scene.

I actually had that thought, but didn't want to go back and rewatch the scene. I don't recognize any of them...
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

A lot of them have changed recently. Shimozono, who use to be their go-to for girls, is in Rider now, she's Majade.
Seen:
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I mean, rich guy is clearly a Cake Boss reference (don't bother telling me his character name, I never remember) what with the same office and the "subarashii"s. Why though? No idea, but it was kinda fun
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Is he? I just thought "This is what Toei thinks an exec is like"
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

That's weird. Doesn't Toei have their own exec?
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Dengar wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 9:33 am That's weird. Doesn't Toei have their own exec?
Yeah, but they can't parody John Toei. He might send his assassins.
Seen:
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

Is "John Toei" actually his name or is that some kind of meme?
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

It's an in-joke
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Well that was a fun episode. Nothing too dire or serious goes on, even with the introduction of a new commander. But it's a pretty good distillation of Super Sentai, right up to the Red doing something to make the kids smile.

I feel like the show is solidly settling in to a revolving door of commanders to blast through, at least for the first-half of the series. While it took them a couple of episodes to bring on a new commander after Mad Rex bit it in episode 9, now we've got the mad doctor (who has a really neat design, I think). It does cement the Three Seaters as being rather useless though; they're little more than evil comic relief, while the commanders are driving the actual plot from the villains' side.

And the stunt choreography has been absolutely fantastic these last couple of episodes. That goes both for the face actors themselves, and the stunts for the suited stunties. This one in particular, they put things over the top with the wire-work. And they're finally doing "tricks" with the wheels on their changers, which has been something we've all been waiting for since the first episode. Somehow, even the button-based changers are being put to good use!

I actually had to go and check the wiki to make sure Sakamoto wasn't directing this episode, as this had a lot of his usual flair. Instead I see this is the directorial debut of Watanabe Jun, an ascended stunt actor. If this is what he's going to bring to the table every time he's up to bat, then I shall watch his career with great interest.:)

Next ep preview: we're doing a Go-Onger crossover already?! I mean, given the theming I kind of figured they'd do one if given the chance. But we're only 12 episodes in to the series! :shock:

PS How much is P-Bandai selling the Boonboomger plush for? :lol:
takenoko wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 3:12 am What's the point of the new boss guy? Is he going to boss around the three stooges even harder? Boss harder?
Didn't you read the dialogue? He's there to make Itaasha naughty. :shock: (I did a genuine double-take here; that's not at all what I was expecting)
Looks like a fun day to be an extra
I have no doubt it's a ton of hard work. But the extras look like they get to be especially silly at times like these.
After seeing hot black last week, it makes you why they hide all that under those unstylish suspenders
Maybe this is Toei's version of censoring black, so that all the mamas at home don't immediately melt? :lol:
OH man, I thought controlled pink was going to damage red's car
The crew seem to go to great lengths to protect that car; we've never seen a long shot of a clearly visible cast member actually driving it, and I'm 99% sure the up-close shots of Taiya driving it in episode 1 were with the car being hauled on a flat-bed. Heck, this is the first episode where Taiya's actor and the car visibly moving are part of the same shot, such that I think they may have actually had him drive it a few feet.:o

So nothing is going to happen to the car. But I am quite surprised they even allowed that degree of stunt fighting around it, given how vehemently they protect it.
Kind of a silly way to restore them. Would have preferred them doing some precise attacks to destroy the antennas
Agreed. That's about the only complaint I have for this episode: they just kind of pull a solution out of their mufflers in order to move on with the fight.
I wonder if that flaming castle set that Knight appears in is real or cgi
My money is on a real foreground, and a CGI background.
Yaiba wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 1:47 pm Lol the MOTW forming his own sentai.
That was an unexpected laugh for sure.
They wanted the Cannonborg's gender to remain unknown, so they casted a female voice actor who can perform a nice bass voice that could be interpreted as a male voice.
That's a female VA?! I would have never in a million years guessed. :shock:
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

ViRGE wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 1:34 am PS How much is P-Bandai selling the Boonboomger plush for? :lol:
Believe it or not, they are not actually p-bandai exclusive, they're being sold in toy store and online for the relatively cheap price of 2200 each (still too much imo)

https://www.shopnui.jp/shopbrand/ct456/
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>PS How much is P-Bandai selling the Boonboomger plush for? :lol:

It's one of a kind, so clearly a million yen

>That's a female VA?! I would have never in a million years guessed. :shock:

I didn't notice either. The voice actress's name is Kujira who's been doing anime since the 90s
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encycl ... hp?id=3581

None of her roles stick out to me personally. But she is in charge of dubbing over Leslie Jone's voice for Japanese dubs. I guess she's Ursula in Kingdom Hearts

Her one other toku role is the voice of the El of the Wind from Agito

Edit:
>Believe it or not, they are not actually p-bandai exclusive, they're being sold in toy store and online for the relatively cheap price of 2200 each (still too much imo)

But it's a specially made only-one-in-the-world. The CEO bigwig said so
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Lunagel wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 2:24 am
ViRGE wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 1:34 am PS How much is P-Bandai selling the Boonboomger plush for? :lol:
Believe it or not, they are not actually p-bandai exclusive, they're being sold in toy store and online for the relatively cheap price of 2200 each (still too much imo)

Ahh. So my suspicions were half-right, at least: the plush was in the plot to plug merchandise. I just didn't figure it would be sold as a "common" item.

Toei/Bandai has never been subtle about their merchandising, but this week in particular they are being ridiculously blatant. :lol:

Return to “Tire People”