My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Gotchard 36 thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Ratings for last episode: 3.11 of 5 stars (9 votes)

That egg with the arrows on it totally looks like the eggs from monster hunter stories

pretty funny to see lakhesis just hanging out with normal humans. I mean, I don't think those clothes are a part of her, she could waer something else, right?

A subplot where they have to make Lakhesis laugh while she rolls her eyes? Did the writers suddenly get an upgrade?

Wait, maybe the writer wants to get into comedy writing? This and the takahashizu earlier

lol at the shutter sound opening and closing when kyouka raises lakhesis's veil

nice jousan laugh

Man, I can't believe they haen't purged the existence of handred/legend

Oh, did the alchemist staff get compromised almost instantly again?

dr who card again

Did Rinne's storybook always depict the monsterr as being three eyed?

Hey Rinne, why don't you tell anyone that Hopper1 is in your storybook

Ah, Spanner is the worf this episode

Minato. Remember when you'd just use Dread with no consequences? Becoming good again sure has depowered him

There's Spanner's black flame again. I guess the writers remembered to bring that back to the story

Klotho seems conflicted about any harm coming to Houtarou

Timelord is small. It's cute how his clock hand cane is stuck in the avocado

lol, the world flip was a nice transition. Zi-O echoes

Oh no, Gigist is going to steal Houtarou's ball

damn. Hopper1 is a locust. The betrayal

Sniper skareboard. Good thing he only shot their wrist thingies

let me guess, Houtarou killed skebows

Oh no! Not the inanimate carbon rod. I mean the skateboard

Nooo, next episode looks like a Hopper1. Sorry, but you guys aren't pokemon, you don't have enough personality for that :-/

Maybe it's been a while, but this episode felt slightly above average for Gotchard. We had multiple character moments, even the wonder twins helped in the battle and were even a plot point when the monster threatens their lives, forcing Gotchard to do what he did. It doesn't magically fix everything, but it's not as hollow feeling as the show can be sometimes

Hopper1 and his treasure... is his treasure otakara-chan?

Edit:
I'm just goijng to put this in here from episode 24. I'm not sure at the time I made the connection with Gotchard Daybreak:
Dialogue: 0,0:06:24.91,0:06:27.90,Dialog-Default,,0,0,0,,By the way, what's a Kamen Rider?
Dialogue: 0,0:06:28.51,0:06:31.41,Dialog-Default,,0,0,0,,You're a Kamen Rider, but you don't even know what the name means?!
Dialogue: 0,0:06:32.38,0:06:36.80,Dialog-Default,,0,0,0,,A Kamen Rider is an alchemy legend.
Dialogue: 0,0:06:37.23,0:06:42.48,Dialog-Default,,0,0,0,,It was the name of the Alchemist of the Daybreak that appeared 120 years ago.
Dialogue: 0,0:06:42.67,0:06:45.10,Dialog-Default,,0,0,0,,It's an honorable title.
Dialogue: 0,0:06:45.73,0:06:47.67,Dialog-Default,,0,0,0,,Oh, you're so smart, Kudou!
Dialogue: 0,0:06:47.68,0:06:52.35,Dialog-Default,,0,0,0,,I can't believe you, Ichinose! Every alchemist knows this.

Looking back at the 24 thread, Yaiba was the only one on the first page that noticed it:
"The first Kamen Rider was called Alchemist of Daybreak. Was this where the orange Gotchard Daybreak got his name from"
viewtopic.php?p=295146#p295146

if I had access to my photoshop, I would have put the skewbows skateboard in for deflated garfield
https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/deflated-garfield
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga
Quote: Avatar artist:
https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/17930035

Re: KR Gotchard 36 thread

Post by Yaiba »

I think Lakhesis is doing well learning about humans. I'd sneer too. The gate opening/closing sound of her veil was the funniest thing here.

As useless as the Alchemy Alliance was, I'm glad they're not in cohort with the Hades King. Them siding with the bad guys is getting old.

Spanner lost again. At least he survived a finishing move from the Gods, so that's something.

Minato has been reduced to the "retreating guy". I hope he gets more to do other than helping the heroes retreat.

So Houtarou and the Hades King are two sides of the same coin. Maybe Spanner too, in some capacity, with them both being able to control the black frame.

The comedy thing that happened in the restaurant was apparently based on a Japanese tv show The Iromonea (ザ・イロモネア)

=====================
Production blog (Spoiler warning: The blog link contains spoiler images)
https://www.kamen-rider-official.com/gotchard/37/

It is said that the Hades King created the original Chemy, Gaiard and Dragonalos. They were meant to be harmful to humans.
Moreover, Hopper 1 is essentially nothing more than a pest... (How rude!)
We don't know anything about the Chemys before they met Houtarou, right? (So ​​scary!)
But don't worry.
Born from evil, denying evil, and speak of justice.
That is the essence of Kamen Rider inherited from the Showa era.
In that sense, all Chemys are Kamen Riders.

The Lachesis Humanization Project. At Ichinose Kitchen, the "~Make Lachesis laugh! ~ The Iro〇nea" has started!

About Rinne and Sabi's skits.
For the first one, the script was written for them, then they created the dance move.
For the second one, they create both the script and the dance themselves during their lunch break.

Gigist controls the "black flame". It's why Spanner was able to withstand Gigist's attack, because he was also a person with the "black flame".

By the way, the action scene where Gotchard and the Malgam fell off a building together, they actually jumped on to a mat for real. A powerful action scene that cannot be achieved by compositing multiple scenes.
Original Japanese Text
原初のケミー、ガイアードとドラゴナロスを作ったのは冥黒王その人であり、本来のケミーは人に害をなす存在なのだとか。
しかもホッパー1も本質は害虫に過ぎないなどと……(我らがアイドルになんて失礼な!)
我々はケミーが宝太郎と出会う以前のことまでは知りませんよね?(怖っ!)
ですが、ご安心ください。
悪から生まれ、悪を否定して、正義を語る。
それこそが昭和より受け継がれし仮面ライダーの本質。
ならばもはや、ケミー1体1体が皆、仮面ライダーだと言っても過言ではありません!

まずは、
「ラケシス人間化計画」から。
ということで、キッチンいちのせでまさかの
~ラケシスを笑わせろ!~「ザ・イロ〇ネア」がスタート!

ちなみに披露されたコント、
1つ目の「拾い方」は、
台本にあったものを、松本さんと富園くん2人自身で
ダンスのギャグにアレンジしたもの!
2つ目「さすがやな」にいたっては、
もともと台本にはなく、完全な2人の創作です!
田﨑監督からコント2本目もほしいとのオーダーを受け、
お昼の休憩の時間などを使って2人で考えたのだとか!

ギギストも「黒い炎」を操る人物であるということ。
スパナがギギストの攻撃に耐えきれたのは、
仮面ライダーだからというだけでなく、
同じく「黒い炎」を持つ者だったから。

ちなみに、スチームホッパーとスケボーズマルガムが
一緒になってビルから落ちるアクションシーンは、
マットをしき、アクターさんがリアルに落ちて演じられました!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

>As useless as the Alchemy Alliance was, I'm glad they're not in cohort with the Hades King. Them siding with the bad guys is getting old.

I guess the idea is the top brass represents the banality of evil. But yeah, you can only get brainwashed into working with the top bad guy so many times

>Spanner lost again. At least he survived a finishing move from the Gods, so that's something.

That comment about surviving the flames is interesting since he's the black flames guys. It's barely a plot beat, but it's like one of the few things his character has going for it

>The comedy thing that happened in the restaurant was apparently based on a Japanese tv show The Iromonea (ザ・イロモネア)

Eh, really?

>or the second one, they create both the script and the dance themselves during their lunch break.

They're probably the best dancers of the group if their Tiktoks are any indciations
Androzani84
Quote: I fear that someday people will cite quotes I never said - Albert Einstein

Post by Androzani84 »

So I kind of guessed that Gigist created the Chemies, given that the synopsis mentioned some secret regarding their origins. And while I can see how some of the Chemies could be used for evil (Blizzammoth’s freezing powers, for instance), but dare I ask how the heck the likes of Smapho could be dangerous?

This sounds like a spoiler so I'm just going to cut that -take
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

A surprisingly good episode. Looks like we get both the filler high jinks with the Hades Sisters and we get a final boss who can move the story along. Rinne can't act but at least she can dance.

It would be great if they had part two of "make the princess laugh" and Klotho crashes the party. Sabi jumps up and says "Klotho, I will beat you with my bare hands!" and Lakhesis bursts out laughing.

Will Woz show up and proclaim: "Rejoice! For a new chemy is born!"?

At last!! They now have ranged weapons for the wonder twins that take Chemy Cards. They can make the Scooby gang useful in fights without making them Kamen Riders and sell toys at well. Every season where it would have made sense should have done this.

Return to “Kamen Rider Gotchard”