My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Boonboomger 13 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Ratings for last week's episode: 4.67 out of 5 (9 votes)

Safari and Marine

Living vehicles. So like BoonBoom or something different?

Talk to this wall

That's just Soundwave

What? A Hurricaneger reference? That casette is Shinobi Koi isn't it/

Takara should probably look at that Soundwave looking robo

So Cannonborg being voiced by a woman is paying off with her being able to sing the song

Did that mattress fart?

Pink is making good use out of that work uniform. It's a good look

Wait, so the t rick to turning this around wasn't Orange's trick, but Safari just coming to life and acting on its own? It could have done that at any time

We're overdue for a blue focus episode

Stock footage roll call today

Still, it is cool that the bad guys have a bad guy robo to fight back with
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga
Quote: Avatar artist:
https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/17930035

Re: Boonboomger 13 discussion thread

Post by Yaiba »

Oh... is this the annual mandatory dark version of the main robot? Boonboom Killer looks cool, but it doesn't seem to have the combination gadgets on the hands?

Lmao. The standard jumping towards to robot to enter the cockpit, ever wonder why no one land in it facing the wrong way?

The three seaters finally got their first team-rocket-blasting-off.

I for sure the hot-headed Mira was going to accuse Genba. With everyone working together the team is starting to come together.

I thought the Boonboom Cars already have AI? Didn't they all moved on their own when they defeated Mad Rex? I'm so glad they don't actually talk though.

A cassette tape of a Hurricanger song from 20 years ago... Hey, the timeline matches! That's their grandmother? And the mom and girl appeared in Donbrothers? Is this a multiverse everything connected??? Time to come up with endless conspiracy theories!

Did that mattress fart?
I'm pretty sure it did. A small retaliation from Genba.

============
Production Blog (Spoiler Warning: Blog contains spoiler images)
https://www.toei.co.jp/entertainment/tv ... _3963.html

The scene where Taiya delivered the cassette tape was packed with past sentai references:
- The mom guest starred in Donbrothers 2 as "the woman who grew younger".
- The girl, the house and the dog house also appeared in Donbrothers 23 when Tsubasa turned into a dog.
- The cassette tape was Aroma Shimorenjaku, who appears in Ninpuu Sentai Hurricanger.

Taiya and Shashirou had trouble getting out of the car because their legs were too long. They had to practice for that scene many times. (?????)
The blog writer said they're jealous of people who had this "problem".

The song was of course sang by Cannonborg's voice actor: Kujira-san.
After recording the song, she laughed and humbly said, "Wow, my singing voice turned out to be really bad."
However, the song was written to be off pitch in the first place, so it turning out weird was actually the right way.

Decotrade's suit actor (Ogura Toshihiro) and Itasha's suit actor (Miyazawa Yuki) came up with the comical dancing movement. It made the scene very relaxed.

Boonboom Killer Robo's suit actor was Ito Shigeki, Boom Black's suit actor.

Original Japanese Text
ちなみに…この場面、スーパー戦隊シリーズを長年見てくださっている方々は、色々見つけられたかな??
『暴太郎戦隊ドンブラザーズ』2話で若返りたがっていたあの女性
同作で犬を拾ったアキちゃん(なので彼女の登場シーン、犬の鳴き声が入っています!気付いたあなたは素敵)
そして『忍風戦隊ハリケンジャー』に登場する下連雀あろまさんの、カセットテープ…!!
偶然にも、過去の戦隊てんこ盛りシーンとなりました。

ちなみにロックスターから降りる井内さんと葉山さん、足が長すぎて「車を降りる」お芝居に苦労され、何回も練習したそう。
え、そんなことあります?うらやましい…。

ちなみにこの「逆転アゲサゲ音頭」を歌っているのは、キャノンボーグのCV:くじらさん。
歌の収録を終え、後日「いやあ〜ほんとひどい歌声になっちゃったのよ」と笑いながらご謙遜されていましたが、そもそもこの歌が調子外れに作られているので、ひどい歌声になっちゃったという感覚が正解なのだと思います。

デコトラーデのスーツアクター:おぐらとしひろさん、イターシャのスーツアクター:宮澤雪さんが打ち合わせて、このコミカルな動きを作ってくださいました。
お二人が踊っているときに現場が和んだのは言わずもがなでしょう。

それもそのはず、ブンブラックのスーツアクターでもある、伊藤茂騎さんが演じられているのですから。
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Yaiba wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 6:18 am I thought the Boonboom Cars already have AI? Didn't they all moved on their own when they defeated Mad Rex? I'm so glad they don't actually talk though.
They're a bit like the Dinozords in MMPR. The Shugozyu were sentient, but the Dinozords are supposedly just robots...except when they seem perfectly capable of acting on their own.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral

Post by takenoko »

Did that mattress fart?
I'm pretty sure it did. A small retaliation from Genba.

Well, I thought it was a reference to King-Ohger, since they had multiple episodes that featured a farting cushion/mattress

Which one? They had three different women to portray the different ages

- The girl, the house and the dog house also appeared in Donbrothers 23 when Tsubasa turned into a dog.

Huh, I'll have to check that

- The cassette tape was Aroma Shimorenjaku, who appears in Ninpuu Sentai Hurricanger.

The name makes it sound like she was a monster in disguise
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga
Quote: Avatar artist:
https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/17930035

Post by Yaiba »

Fark jokes using fart cushion isn't really a new thing.

Which one? They had three different women to portray the different ages

Huh, I'll have to check that
The first iteration, the 40s one.

ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

On reflection, this episode was a bit bipolar, tonally speaking.

The initial setup is pure Sentai cheese: making cars with AI that you have to win over, the enemy's secret weapon is a song that whammies the rangers, farting pillows. But then the bot-on-bot combat was absolutely brutal by Super Sentai standards. Outside of the finisher, that fight was almost entirely physical, hand-to-hand combat with suited stunties. And the exploding squib packs! Oh so many squibs! Other than cutting off a limb, that's about as brutal as a Sentai bot fight gets.:D

As an unabashed mecha fan, I certainly don't mind the heavy focus on the bots in this episode. Not having a MOTW and the ensuing ground fight makes for a big change in the flow of the episode, but rather like the change in pace. It's much better than having the bot fight tacked on to the end as an afterthought.

I'm less amused with having to win over the final cars (especially when we've seen them in the background for 3 months now!). But so far these sorts of small stories have made for interesting plots, so let's see what happens.
takenoko wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 7:35 pm That's just Soundwave
Soundwave had cooler songs. His cassettes were literally killer. :lol:
So Cannonborg being voiced by a woman is paying off with her being able to sing the song
Oh, that's Cannonborg's VA singing that song?! I never made the connection.
Did that mattress fart?
It didn't fart. It gracefully exploded. :wink:
Wait, so the t rick to turning this around wasn't Orange's trick, but Safari just coming to life and acting on its own? It could have done that at any time
Either way, he would have had the upper hand. The Three Seaters were all whammied, so he would have been able to easily defeat them otherwise. But having Safari come in was a quick way to tie those plots together and immediately resolve the situation. It's definitely a bit deus ex, but the Boonboomgers had already won regardless.
Yaiba wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 6:18 am Oh... is this the annual mandatory dark version of the main robot? Boonboom Killer looks cool, but it doesn't seem to have the combination gadgets on the hands?
Is Bantai selling Boonboom Killer? I don't keep up with the toys.

Notably here, it's not a black and gold repaint of Boonboomger Robo. In previous seasons those inclusions were specifically to promote Toei's traditional recolor. Whereas Boonboom Killer isn't just an entirely different color scheme, but it also features several unique parts, including a head and chest piece. So if Bandai is selling Killer, then that is a significant development, as it would mean they're not just selling a repaint; that robo would require a new mould.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

As someone who's bought Sentai toys, (albeit like 20 years ago. MagiKing, still great) it always bummed me out that you'd have the hero robot and it'd have nothign to fight against. So if they make a BoonBoom Killer RObo toy, that's great
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 9:07 pm As someone who's bought Sentai toys, (albeit like 20 years ago. MagiKing, still great) it always bummed me out that you'd have the hero robot and it'd have nothign to fight against. So if they make a BoonBoom Killer RObo toy, that's great
And sure enough, now that I go and look, they are.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... 278439?o=8

It's not a completely new mould. But it is more than just a repaint; Bandai had to do some retooling here.

Of course, it's not even going to be available until October...
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Clearly it can't come out till it's had all of its upgrades (probably done in parallel to Boonboomger robo's upgrades)

In fact, I'll bet that before one of Boonboomger Robo's major upgrades, Killer is going to steal Boonboomger's powers for its own. Sentai writing is easy, it just writes itself
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Killer Robo I guess makes up for movie mecha not really being a thing anymore. I enjoyed stuff like FS-0O and Tobaspino, letting us do slightly odd combinations. Long ago I make "Great Go-Buster Kero" and it sort of works, and I know stuff like Raiden Spino Dai-Oh and Bakuretsu Spino Dai-Oh are interesting.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers

Return to “Tire People”