My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Gotchard 41 thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Ratings for last episode: 3.63 of 5 stars (8 votes)

So are these hades kings like the founding alchemists or somethign? Or are they literally gods? What's the backstory?

It's always nice when Majade gets to do some ccool moves

Yeah, I don't think a base form Rider kick off the MOTW will do much damage on a last boss level character

Yeah, beat the crap out of Spanner! /me gets out the popcorn. Oh, Spanner's dark fart saved him, sorta. Come, Spanner, join the dark side

Yeaaaaah, I don't think Atropos is going to keep her promise

Sorry Lakhesis, I don't think there's time left in this story for your and Spanner's love story

Oh right, kamen Rider Girls is in this episode

Wow that's like 5 song credits. Right, Kamen Ride Girls is in this episode

I like that when the mascot runs away they walk at a snail's pace, yet the heroes never find them. Also, didn't we just have an episode where Hopper1 disappeared, ran away from home? Yeah it's a nitpick, but it's dumb the writer can't think of something else to do with the story. It'd be like if Baby Yoda ran away from home every 5 episodes

Jiena must be the best actor of the Girls. It feels like she's the one who always gets the acting gigs

Are those moving guys stunt actors?

See, the lady king is a fortune teller

should the card collection status in the back be full? some of them are blank behind spanner

Irise+Girls. Not ever girls.

Okay, who's Beat Paradox? More stunt actors?

Did the Toei exec go "Hmmm, we don't have a Pokemon rap to go with our Pokemon ripoff"

LOL, Osaka pointing out that Kajiki is always around. I guess the body guards being busy beating up Kajiki allowed our scooby gang to bust into the back stage

Oh right, the girl who likes to dance being named Mai is dumb

These girls... they're also a triangle. This series loves a triangle. Oh, there's their Rider poses

What? Germain isn't after the Kamen Rider Girls. They're only in danger because the scooby gang is here

Diagetic roll call explosion, except the fire goes through them for no reason. Maybe Germain's aim is terrible

Oh, here's what you paid Sakamoto to be here for

Houtarou being like "Wait, you're talkign to Atropos?"

Oh Spanner, you have literally no story to give you a motivation

Must be nice to have a toy to turn your common cards into rares

The Gotchard sentai is so op

SteamHopper fights better than when Houtarou is in control lol

Gotta love every time Wrestler G is on screen he's pile driving Germain into the ground

How many seconds till Geryon? I'm guessing within two minutes

oh the kings keep coming back to life after the finishers

everyone stand back, the little girl knows what she's doing, even though that guy literally just said he's going to eat her

That was about two minutes right? I remember Geryon having a sephiroth looking bling, but now he seems to have more bling? Oh, his whole suit is gold now. This guy loves gold

I'm sure Rinne is super shocked that Atropos used and betrayed her

Bring on the Mewtwo Pokemon

Well, the Rider Girls' story was pretty much as short as I'd expected. Any longer and it would have interfered with the main story. I honestly don't remember why Mai didn't want to dance, the story is functional, but superficial to the extreme and just barely gets the job done. The girls are pretty forgiving of her. Mai, cancelling on your teammates and ruining the dance thing you agreed to in advance, not cool!

Points to this episode for the great fighting, much better than the Gigist/Rainbow Gotchard intro fight. Germain, you were a better villain in two episodes than Gigist was in like 10

I don't know how other people feel about Gotchard, but I like the wonder twins, Kyouka, the sisters, and Geryon, oh and Rinne despite her acting. It's weidr since the others I don't really feel like they have a story arc or a character arc to travel. Which makes for an extremely disjointed experience, which feels like an apt way to describe the show (Did anyone even remember Rinne's dad is back? No appearance at all)
TokuGeek1999
IXA
Pronouns: Male

Re: KR Gotchard 41 thread

Post by TokuGeek1999 »

Geryon's resurrection is a reference to the flash's season 8 penultimate when Reverse-Flash rips off a body and is resurrected.
kangchan
Douza Uru Zazaado

Post by kangchan »

If you notice that, the last episode of Hasegawa Keiichi wrote is episode 31. From episode 32 until now, he didn't write anymore.
I wonder what happen to him, since Uchida Hiroki and Inoue's daughter writing are not good at all.
With me now, Gotchard is worst series same Wizard. Can't feel about the plot and acting of Houtarou and Rinne.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

Show kinda really started falling apart from me around the Legend arc. And it has not at all recovered, so I guess it was never Legend's fault.

I mean I don't really hate the show or anything.

But the dumb idol episode is unforgivable.

The fightscene was almost impossible to look at! It was blurry and the camera was all over the place. Like can they just not hold the damn thing still?
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga
Quote: Avatar artist:
https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/17930035

Post by Yaiba »

We have 4 insert songs this week, including new songs debuting. This episode was a song promotion and everything suffered from it. It felt like various puzzle pieces that shouldn't fit together were forcefully sticked together with super glue.

It's frustrating because the series' second arc was good, Dread's debut was awesome, but the pacing had been all over the place since the third arc where Legend highjacked a month worth of screen time. I'll just put my rant in spoilers tag to save some negativity.
Rant
According to the blog, the production team created Germain for the so purpose of bringing Geryon back, but they kind of regret it after seeing the excellent performance of the voice and suit actor. Germain was absolutely wasted here. He's those kind of character that could plot ludicrously sadistic schemes, drivers the heroes into a corner. But instead he was just an a MOTW here, didn't even do anything other than showing up. Such wasted opportunities.

Spanner having an identity crisis with his black frame should have been a big deal. They should have shown how he overcame it, like talking to Kyouka or even just Lakhesis. Instead we had 5 seconds of self-doubts, then he just popped up at the end with that "I'm a hero so I have those generic hero convictions" speech.

The B plot with the KR girls didn't add anything. The alchemists created the Chemys to support humans to begin with. Nijigon didn't even convinced Mai to go back. He randomly sang a song and Mai just suddenly wanted to go back.

There's nothing building up to or any fanfare leading up to the supposingly big boss fight, so they just had Minato randomly saying Germain was coming. Was Germain taking a stroll on the street or something.

First it's Gigist and now Germain. Do the production team just like tagging boss battle at the end of random plots?
Lol when Rinne yelled about her promise with Atropos, Houtarou was like when did I agree to help Atropos???

I guess the three sisters are going to do their own separate thing now.
Atropos is on Geryon's side, and will continue to pester Rinne.
Klotho will stay with Gigist and continue to obsess over Lakhesis.
Lakhesis will stay with the protagonists, or more specifically, Spanner. (Rejoice, shippers)

Whenever Sakamoto Koichi was directing, the supporting casts got some action too instead of just standing around. You can also be sure there'll be lots of explosions, which is nice.

Will we get to see why Sabi talks through an iPad next week?

===========
Production Blog
https://www.kamen-rider-official.com/gotchard/42/ (Spoiler warning: Summer movie poster)

About Geryon
See, Germain-sama was being too confident, so he got caught off guard. All for Geryon's revival!
As the production team, we knew that Germain would be eliminated after this two parters, but Amasaki Kohei (Voice Actor) and Asai Kosuke (Suit Actor)'s passionate performances were so amazing, personally I kind of regret that decision now. It's such a shame, because Germain-sama was such a great character! :( :( :(

But it's too late to lament. It is Geryon's stage now!
Having taken over a Hades King's body means that Geryon has 33% of the Philosopher's Stone's power. Thanks to that, the gold-loving Geryon has returned, being more evil and more powerful.
Also, due to the power of the Philosopher's Stone(?), his outfit has actually undergone a minor change.

===========
About cameos
"A cameo appearance by a past hero!"
It was thanks to Director Sakamoto's connections, we had Yamashita Yu and Nakayama Koichi guest starring as the delivery men Nijigon worked with! These two played the lead roles in "Special Rescue Police Winspector" and "Super Rescue Solbrain" from the "Metal Hero Series". Even the name of the delivery company (MasakiTokkyu) gives a glimpse of the staff's sense of humor.

It was Miyahara Kanon's birthday during filming, so the director personally presented her with a cake! A rare occasion where a birthday is celebrated wearing Klotho's costume.
ImageImage

===========
About the concert
The main story this time is "Nijigon's running away from home". Or rather, a journey of self-discovery.

In Akiko Inoue's initial script, Nijigon was going to go through many more situations. He was going to be a salesman at a local factory and get a contract, and even get in a campaign car and run for office... One of those situations was "going on stage together with an idol to help her". Due to various production reasons, it was decided that it would be better to focus on one thing, so the idol concert was chosen.

Producer Minato has an ambition to make a "Chemy counting song!", so he thought, "Well, why not combine that with the Nijigon idol episode?". He asked Kamen Rider Girls, who were scheduled to sing the "Chemy counting song", to be the artists who would appear in this episode!

Mai...? Hina...? Koyomi...?
It feels like a name I've heard somewhere before...??
Well, let's just say that Director Sakamoto was the one who named these characters.
(I'm guessing the blog writher was hinting at the lead female character of KR Gaim, OOO, Wizard...?)

The audience who created such a lively atmosphere were TTFC member extras!
After filming ended, the entire cast gave a speech to thank the TTFC members who had come.
That was a privilege only for TTFC members! You should join TTFC...!! (Shameless direct marketing)

===========
Lastly, it's mentioned:
Rainbow Gotchard's big shoulders definitely got in the way, but he still managed to jump like crazy. Thank you, Eitoku-san!

Original Japanese Text
ほら~~ジェルマン様、余裕ぶっかましてたから足元掬われる~~。
すべてはグリオン様の復活のため!
だから制作としては
ジェルマンが前後編で退場してしまうキャラなのは分かってはいたのですが
浅井さんと天﨑さんの熱演がすさまじ過ぎて
個人的にいま、結構後悔しているのはナイショです。
ジェルマン様、超良いキャラにしていただけただけに、もったいねぇ~~~!!!!!!

しかし嘆いてももう遅いのです。
グリオンよ、あとはきみが後を継ぐしかない!
冥黒王の肉体をそのまま手にしたということは
賢者の石の「33」%は、そっくりそのままグリオン様のもの。
そのおかげで、より最悪で最強になった
黄金大好きグリオン様が帰ってきたのでした。
賢者の石のパワーによって(?)
衣装も実はマイナーチェンジ。

「過去ヒーローのカメオ出演!」
と、いうことで坂本監督たってのご希望……と言いますか
監督のご縁でご出演いただきました
ニジゴンがともに働いた運送業者役
山下優さんと、中山幸一さん!
お二人はかつて東映が制作していた「メタルヒーローシリーズ」のうち
レスキューポリスと称される「特警ウインスペクター」と「特救指令ソルブレイン」で
それぞれ主役を演じられた、超豪華ゲスト!
運送会社の名前も、スタッフの遊び心が垣間見えますね。

クロトーレビスの状態で誕生日を祝われる稀有な事態。
この撮影中、宮原華音さんのお誕生日でしたので
監督じきじきにケーキの贈呈が行われました!

=======
今回のメインイベントとしては「ニジゴンの家出」
家出というか、自分探しの旅ですね。
井上亜樹子さんの初期プロットでは
もっとたくさんのシチュエーションをニジゴンが巡るという話でして
町工場の営業マンになって契約を取り付けたり
果ては選挙カーに乗ってニジゴンが出馬しかけていたりしたのですが……
そんな中のワンシチュエーションが
「アイドルを助けるためにいっしょにステージに立つ」
というものでして
制作上のもろもろの都合から
どれかひとつに的を絞った方がよかろうということで
「(アイドル)ライブ」が選ばれたのでした。

一方、全く別軸で湊Pがずっと
「ケミー数え歌を作りたい!」という野望を企んでおりまして……
「じゃあニジゴンアイドル回とそれをガッチャンコさせればいいのでは?」と
十八番の錬金術(?)で、この回に登場するアーティストを
「ケミー数え歌」を歌う予定になっていた
仮面ライダーGIRLSさんにお願いする運びになったのでした!

マイ……? ヒナ……? コヨミ……?
なんかどこかで聞いたことのある名前のような……??
そうですね、この役の名付け親は坂本監督、ということだけ言っておきましょう。

そんな大盛り上がりの観客となっていただいたのは
TTFC会員のエキストラのみなさま!
撮影終了後お越しいただいたTTFC会員の皆様だけに
キャスト一同からお礼のご挨拶を行う場面が。
アレはお越しいただいたTTFC会員皆様だけの特権でしたね……!
入っておいた方がいいですよ、TTFCは……!!(ダイレクトマーケティング)

========
そのデカイ肩、絶対ジャマなのに凄まじい跳びっぷり。永徳さんありがとう
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dengar »

First of all, idol episodes are bad. Second: Why on earth would random idols be singing about chemies? There is nothing diegetic about this. Whatever that person says is so much bogus.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

After ripping off Shugo Chara, they must have remembered that they had not ripped off Kirarin Revolution yet.

Wow, the insert of the idol story was awkward! And, why were they singing about Chemy's? Has the NPC Academy leaders released the Chemy's Go game? Or, did the mascot write songs for them?

I guess Rinne is an aloof loner so she is easily manipulated by the evil nine year old? Or is there some deeper connection?

I am not so sure people are shipping Lakhesis and Spanner when Klotho and Spanner seems to be more implied.

If the Alchemist Academy is so great, how come they could not detect that Geryon was a puppet when he joined?

This show has SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many loose ends and so few episodes left to tie them up with.
Dengar wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 11:56 pm First of all, idol episodes are bad.
The idol episode in DonBrothers wasn't bad (or at least it wasn't more bad than the other episodes).
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

It's a shame someone decided to bolt on a boss battle to an idol episode. Speaking solely for myself here, idol episodes just don't do anything for me; I find them to be an odd mix of boring and weird. Which isn't the show's fault by any means - this is me being judgemental about a foreign culture - but the end result is that it's quite the lame episode outside of the first and final acts.

The saving grace for this episode is Sakamoto, who brought his whole bag of tricks here. Watching Spanner get the stuffing beaten out of him by Klotho is oddly entertaining.:lol: It's just a shame the wild hair makes it hard to tell when her actress is doing the stunt fighting. And towards the end of the episode, we get the full wire-fu experience with Valvarad flying around in a circle.

The long take of the fight near the beginning was also a nice touch. I clocked that in at just over 20 seconds of intense fight choreography, which may not sound like a lot, but Toei toku shows tend to cut at around half that time - and often less for complex hand-to-hand routines. The handicam unfortunately makes it a bit disorienting because of the wide-angle lens and the reduced detail, but strip away the CGI explosions and that's four stunties who are moving in and out with mechanical precision.

I guess if the plot is going to be bad, at least you can stuff in a great fight scene. Though I'd rather they combine a great plot with a great fight to make an even better episode.

Meanwhile, Nijigon is still incredibly annoying. And that's all I have to say about that.

On the plus side, Geryon's resurrection at the end of the episode, as short as it was, was admittedly pretty damn cool.8) It's nice to have a face villain again.:)
takenoko wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 6:55 pm Yeah, beat the crap out of Spanner! /me gets out the popcorn. Oh, Spanner's dark fart saved him, sorta. Come, Spanner, join the dark side
He's too broody to join the dark side. He's not about to become some poser doing the same thing as everyone else. :lol:
Sorry Lakhesis, I don't think there's time left in this story for your and Spanner's love story
No worries. Theirs is a story that can span the ages. :twisted:
I don't remember fortunes/prophecies being a part of Gotchard so far (unlike alchemy and chemies). But whatever. At least it's something unique.
I'm sure Rinne is super shocked that Atropos used and betrayed her
Maybe one of these weeks she'll finally learn her lesson? Nah
Points to this episode for the great fighting, much better than the Gigist/Rainbow Gotchard intro fight. Germain, you were a better villain in two episodes than Gigist was in like 10
Germain will be missed. Which is more than I can say for Gigist.
kangchan wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 10:32 pm If you notice that, the last episode of Hasegawa Keiichi wrote is episode 31. From episode 32 until now, he didn't write anymore.
I wonder what happen to him, since Uchida Hiroki and Inoue's daughter writing are not good at all.
With me now, Gotchard is worst series same Wizard. Can't feel about the plot and acting of Houtarou and Rinne.
Yikes! I hadn't realized Hasegawa had been absent for so long! :shock:

And according to the wiki, he's going to remain gone a while longer, too. The next two episode block was written by Uchida, so he won't be back until at least episode 44.

This is rather concerning. Shows where the main writer has been AWOL for most of the back half of the series tend to be some of the most troubled (e.g. Ghost). So this is a bad omen.

Though it looks like at least part of his time has been devoted to the summer movie; the other wiki has him listed as the writer. So I'm not quite sure what to make of the whole situation.
Yaiba wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 6:54 am It's frustrating because the series' second arc was good, Dread's debut was awesome, but the pacing had been all over the place since the third arc where Legend highjacked a month worth of screen time.
Gotchard is far from the first Rider series to run out of steam after the first half. But its second half has definitely been more aimless than most. :?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Pronouns: Toast
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I don't remember fortunes/prophecies being a part of Gotchard so far (unlike alchemy and chemies). But whatever. At least it's something unique.

one of the first alchemists was a prophet, so she's probably based on that person from real life
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dengar »

resop2 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 4:12 pm The idol episode in DonBrothers wasn't bad (or at least it wasn't more bad than the other episodes).
I agree. It was so good that I don't even remember it.

I'm not joking, the fact that I don't remember it probably means it was good.
ViRGE wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 3:10 amThe long take of the fight near the beginning was also a nice touch. I clocked that in at just over 20 seconds of intense fight choreography, which may not sound like a lot, but Toei toku shows tend to cut at around half that time - and often less for complex hand-to-hand routines. The handicam unfortunately makes it a bit disorienting because of the wide-angle lens and the reduced detail, but strip away the CGI explosions and that's four stunties who are moving in and out with mechanical precision.
Too bad I couldn't see any of this alleged choreography because of the awful camera work.

Return to “Kamen Rider Gotchard”