Juu Mousou!!!!!
Pronouns: She/Her please
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Re: KR Gotchard series discussion and poll

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

I'm fully ready to adjust my vote as this last chunk of the series comes out, but it's currently pretty firmly in 3* territory for me. it's not the worst I've ever seen by a long shot, but it's also not lived up to any of the potential its premise would imply it has.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Pronouns: Toast
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: KR Gotchard series discussion and poll

Post by takenoko »

I feel like I'm a little more warm on this series than I'd be if the show were just straight up bad. With Revice, I was pretty angry because I felt like it had a first good episode and everything else felt irredeemably unwatchable

Here, my expectations were "Okay, the main character is terrible, so that sets the bar", but there's aspects to the show I do regularly enjoy. Like I like the supporting cast, well, I like the twins, and Fuuga had a cool Rider fight in one episode. Rinne's actress can't act, but her character's arc is kind of interesting. And it's sad to say, but she's actually a main character female Kamen Rider and not just a peripheral third Rider that disappears for half the series (I guess Jeanne and her stuff with Aguilera was alright). It's not always good, but Rinne stays on as the series secondary protagonist and does have arcs and stuff happen with her

And the sisters and Geryon are fun villains

There's a lot this series does wrong. Like the male protagonists are all boring as sin and the Pokemon are a disappointing waste of potential. But I don't think it's the unmitigated failure that it could be either. Looks like I gave REvice a 2 and Saber a 4 (which should have probably been more a 3). I think I'll give this one a 4 for myself, right now. We'll see if they stick their landing. Thats' why it's fun to start these polls before the finale to see if the series as a whole shifts with how it sticks its landing

Return to “Kamen Rider Gotchard”