XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Kamen Rider Blade: Missing Ace Directors Cut Released #2000

Post by XIII »

Today we bring you a very special release, its a special release for two reasons

Firstly this is the only Kamen Rider Movie that hasn't had a Directors Cut release yet (excluding Kiva was isn't released yet)
Secondly this the 2000th release by TV-Nihon

This is quite a stepping stone given we were only at 1900 releases back in mid January.

Since its our 2000th release we wanted to give you something special and unexpected and this movie fits the bill just nicely.

Also coincidently release 1000 was Kamen Rider: The First (will this trend of Kamen Rider movies as big landmarks continue)

Any way onto the movie

The movie deals with an alternative end to the series, the movie takes place several years after the end of the Undead Battle and introduces a new villian to the show, the 54th card, Kenzaki and co battle to win back their Rider Systems and try to defeat the Undead once more.

I myself quite enjoyed the movie even if most people didn't enjoy it

I hope you enjoy this version of the film with great typesetting by Cheetah, who retained the classy old feel of the subs but added some nice new effects to complement the updating of the show (and ties in with Blade World in Decade)
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: Kamen Rider Blade: Missing Ace Directors Cut Released #2000

Post by Phoenix512 »

I do like the movie for the most point except Chalice getting the shaft and Ayame being a bitch throughout most of the movie.
zeldAIS
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: 音楽とか妖怪のテマ
2nd Favorite Series: スーパー戦隊シリーズ
Dreamy: 松岡茉優Queen
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: 漫画,音楽,ドラマ,映画
Quote: "The fan translations community must be helping & understanding each other."
"Quality fan translations take quality time."
Type: INFP Healer

Post by zeldAIS »

sure is nostalgic to watch this again. i remember watching the series in three different versions too
1> japanese dubbed with tv-nihon awesome english fansubbed (remembered was in awe with Ktdata-dono's typesets when i watched the series for the first time; well, still in awe with the upgrade Cheetah-dono did for this :3);
2> english dubbed by cartoon network asia (?) or was it animax asia's (?) (which honestly have errors here and there =/)
3> filipino dubbed (which has a lot better translations)

Amane

Kamen Rider Larc

honestly, didn't realized those above until i rewatched it =P

on the sidenote - yay for release 2000 /me throws confettis!
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

I thought that was Touko! I wasn't sure because hair color and ofcourse the characters are different.
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
Cheetah
The fastest animal
The fastest animal
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Cheetah »

This was a fun project to work on. Blade is my favorite Kamen Rider series and even though the movie is nowhere near as good as the series, I still enjoy being able to say I helped sub Blade. Thanks to KT for is great work on the original series. I tried to honor his typesetting as much as possible by keeping the same fonts and colors and having the effects move in a very similar manner.

As for the movie, I only really noticed two deleted scenes. They did add the the movie though so it was worth the directors cut. And here I thought my Blade dvd's had all the episodes and movies. I guess I'll throw this on with the last disc of Decade.
ImageImage
Nostalgia Critic Parody - Angry Video Game Nerd Parody
http://www.capcam.org - http://tvnihon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=4937
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Given how beloved Blade is and how close the relationship TN has with Kamen Rider, it seems fitting that our 2000th release be something that combines the two

People who have heard me talk about the movie won't find this statement to be new, but the fight between Blade and Chalice at the beginning is my favorite toku battle of all time. Both of the characters are ones that I like, the rain and lighting were really interesting, and the intense music changes as Blade becomes more determined are perfect

I also like the part at the end where Chalice is revived and promptly destroys the Undead that appear in his path

It's kind of a pity, but I don't feel like the new generation Riders added anything to the plot

So who spotted the new footage in the director's cut?
alsa

Post by alsa »

Whats the hell?Hmmmm Finally after 5 years since 2004 Blade is now in Sharp DC :lol: :P which is also has a very sad ending to me. Thanx Take.
M_L
Adventure
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: KR 555
Favorite Actor?: Teen Wolf
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Toku
Quote: We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be - Kurt Vonnegut.

Post by M_L »

Congrats on the 2000th release, bravo!
Ironically, Decade got me interested in blade, so am watching that in between things; i'm enjoying it so far, so will check out this directors cut once i've finished the series.
DrinkItDown
RYUKI TARDFACE
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Faiz
Dreamy: Faiz Bar Tender chic
Favorite Band: L'Arc en Ciel
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Cars i suppose

Post by DrinkItDown »

So very appropriate. Blade is definitely the best Heisei series, and even though the movie wasn't as awesome as the series, it is incredibly awesome that this is the 2000th release. Great job everyone.
Old school TVN member
formerly FA|RokkumanEXE
MICROmor
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by MICROmor »

ok, you got me here, this release was totally unexpected.

I enjoyed it too, despise the cheesyness, always been a big fan of the alternate ending-thingys

thanks for the hard work guys!
Susan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Susan »

What a coincidence! I just finished watching Blade yesterday. :lol: I loved that series. It's now my favorite because the story and characters were good. I've watched all the series from Hibiki-Decade and I don't think any of them are nearly as good as Blade turned out to be.

I was going to watch the movie tonight. Now I'm not sure if I should watch the original version or this one. :?

Thanks for releasing this in time with me finishing the series, though! I knew I controlled the universe! :lol:
Cheetah
The fastest animal
The fastest animal
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Cheetah »

I have to agree with you Takenoko. The beginning fight scene and the revival of Chalice are epic sequences. The mood, music, and action are all perfect. I don't even watch the whole movie, I just skip to those two scenes over and over again. :D
ImageImage
Nostalgia Critic Parody - Angry Video Game Nerd Parody
http://www.capcam.org - http://tvnihon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=4937
IijumiSoukai
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Tenchi Muyo
2nd Favorite Series: Rescue Fire
Dreamy: Yoko Mitsuya <3
Favorite Actor?: Should I have one?
Favorite Band: Ask above
My boom: Drawing

Post by IijumiSoukai »

A number of people seemed to enjoy the series more than the movie. But for me, I like this movie so much more. Don't know why, but it's just great to me.

Yippie! :)
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

People should always watch the Rider movies before the ending of the series. Sometimes they're related like in Den-O. Other times they provide an alternate ending, which usually isn't as impressive as the TV ending.
KrimzonKaiser
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: 仮面ライダーW
2nd Favorite Series: 仮面ライダーアギト
Dreamy: 森カンナ
Favorite Actor?: 桐山 漣
Favorite Band: Metal. 'Nuff said.
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: 仮面ライダーディケイド

Post by KrimzonKaiser »

TV-N team, congratulations on your 200th release. It's a well-deserved one and one I sure wasn't expecting myself.

It's great to see the original Blade crew doing their thing in a Director's Cut version of a movie I haven't seen in quite some time. Despite that, I really enjoyed what was done in this Director's Cut. There was much better explanation of some of the situations and some subtle clip additions that made the movie feel so much more complete this time around.

One thing I noticed: in the final group henshin w/ Kenzaki, Tachibana and Mutsuki and they swiped cards to fly up to Jashin 14 (the giant monster the Albino Joker became), Leangle's "Float" subtitle effect used a heart as opposed to a club. Just thought I'd point that out. ^^;

Otherwise, great job, guys and congratulations on making this far with the completion of a great series.
通りすがりの仮面カイザーだ。憶えておけ!

Return to “Kamen Rider Blade”