Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

When stuff comes out

Post by takenoko »

If you have a question about when something will come out and it hasn't been more than 6 months since the last release, you have the following options:

1) Be the kind of person who is patient and waits for stuff to come out when it's done

2) Be the kind of person who knows and obeys the rules and knows to not bug staff about stuff like that

3) Be the kind of person that breaks the rules and gets banned, thus realizing they made a mistake and will make an effort to avoid it in the future

4) Be the kind of person who gets offended... by the Internet... over a temporary ban...

If you're type 4, I don't care if you're not talking to us, because you're not here to have a conversation about the show with us. You're just here to bug us to go faster, and that's just not okay. You know, sorry, but the staff has better things to do than to give a status report to every person who asks. It's nothing personal, we don't hate you for breaking our rules, but we need some sort of policy to handle this sort of thing

We do the work for free, so don't do things that waste our time and/or annoy us. Especially if we ask you not to in our rules and that particular rule is underlined and bolded

Edit:
Some fine examples of why I made this post:

Someone came into IRC tonight asking when the Rescue Force movie would come out. The one that was released on DVD today

Yesterday someone complained about us not finishing Ryuki, citing that it was a month since our last release. This would be true if 3 weeks counts as a month. It's the same month still!
Anime_freek22
Train man
Favorite series: GARO/Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Fuuma no Kojirou
Favorite Band: UVERworld
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: well dressed pickles
Quote: "You were right all along Finn. Now I'm going to cut out Bubblegum's heart, and make out with it."

Re: When stuff comes out

Post by Anime_freek22 »

Poeple still ask when stuff comes out? Isn't it a rule in nearly ALL fansub groups not to do that?
I lost The Game!
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

It is but they usually try in advance apologize before asking the question to groups.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

My favorite is when people ask whether we'll do the Kamen Rider movie after doing the TV series. When I flip the question back to them, they always know the answer too
V Stealth Robo
Infinity
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by V Stealth Robo »

True enough; I'd consider T-N's subs like fruit at times. Just be patient and wait for it to ripen for all of the goodness.
monritche
Imouto Rider Club
Imouto Rider Club
Favorite series: KS7, Ultraman, KR
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai Series
Dreamy: Yumi Sugimoto
Favorite Band: Orange Range
My boom: mouse-clicking

Post by monritche »

^Nice metaphor.

The staff are not your slaves, they're people too who have other things to attend. It's kind of stressful to be asked to rush of things you normally do as a hobby. As for curiousity's sake of asking when the releases do come out, somehow trusting the group in their commitment to fansub a series will suffice. So please be sensible guys.
antiemo19
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Den-o
Dreamy: Naomi
Favorite Actor?: Edward Norton
Favorite Band: R.E.M
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Kuuga

Post by antiemo19 »

I don't get that it's not like toku is a time dependent thing. I mean it is a hobby that is not at all nessecary to everyday life and espcially on a timeframe. It's hypocritical to have something you enjoy for leisure and expect it done like a job. Plus tv nihon is not the only sub group out there if you want crappyier and quicker subs go elsewhere but these subs are high quality so unless you are paying for something don't excpect it high quality so quicklly. Or they can spend that extra time waiting each week learning Japanese.
christopherjohn
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
My boom: Prop making

Post by christopherjohn »

Its the world we live in today. Its the have it now now now now crap. I get it. I actually opt to not download and watch a lot of things till at least 4 episodes behind the release. This keeps me entertained for about two hours. More if you add on sentai to the batch. My life went on before toku and it will go on with out it. So I don't stress out over it. There are times I did and went to the low rent subs and well yeah that lasted 1 episode. I'll wait these guys do a above and beyond the call job every time out.
Doonie
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Faiz
Dreamy: Natsumi Hikari :)
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
My boom: 1000th on TV-Nihon

Post by Doonie »

Just an idea i had while reading through this.
Maybe a thread, which details works in progress (sorry if there already is one, and I'm a plum)
Not for weekly shows, but for movies, and special longer projects like Ryuki and when you where doing Transformers.
Don't even need a release date, that way people know its being worked on, and will stop bugging.
Obviously for special secret releases you wouldn't mention.
I just thought it would be a good idea.
About Den-O:
Batman "It's over Joker!"
Joker "Over? Why my dear delusional Dark Knight. It hasn't even begun!"
Spoiler
Why would you want it to???
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

In the event of something not being released in a while, we usually make a thread about it and/or an announcement on the front page as to why. The only thing more we could do is email everybody and that won't happen.
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
TG23
Gabu
Dreamy: Hell Wolf-kun
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Killing You Guys

Post by TG23 »

Although I do really want to talk about Decade Ep. 19. So many questions to ask Hibiki fans. :)
OMAETACHI, KOROCHU!
V Stealth Robo
Infinity

Post by V Stealth Robo »

Just be patient; I have a feeling we'll be seeing it around the usual Friday-Saturday release.

Keep in mind it's just a guess, as I'm not a staff member. Just a fan that's been around for a while. Then again, I've seen the same thing done in terms of rom translations. Looking at it one way, I've seen stuff like T-N does with subtitling with translating roms that would equal or surpass come commercial titles.

As I said in my last post, T-N's work would be the equivilent of a ripe piece of fruit. Though I suppose it could apply to stuff like wine & scotch that require the time to age as well if you see where I'm coming from.
TG23
Gabu
Dreamy: Hell Wolf-kun
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Killing You Guys

Post by TG23 »

No talking about RAWS

Azazel
OMAETACHI, KOROCHU!
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

We don't care if you have seen the raw. That's unnecessary information. Don't post even telling us about it.
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
gmottl
Mega
Favorite series: Rider-Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: ppgz, mrr, too many
Dreamy: fourze girls, luka
Favorite Actor?: jirou zanki garulu
Favorite Band: nightwish
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: MLP:FIM
Quote: just because you're a genius doesn't mean your a smart guy- PPG narrator
just because i'm an idiot doesn't mean i'm stupid- Spencer Shay

Post by gmottl »

i once got in trouble shortly after i got here not by asking when something would come out but if it would be done by TVN. it was go-onger which i was totally insane to watch and i thought it would be out before i wrote it. i can understand the rule against constant nagging but i had no idea that asking it there were any plans to do something would be under the same rule. my idea to fix this problem is a status thread where all active projects and episodes would be listed and the stage they were in at the time. i got this idea from another fansub site the has since discontinued this great idea.

by the way, still calmly tapping my feet waiting for den-o final countdown but i guess it come out when it comes out. nobodies "prefect". lol
Anyone remember when the news didn't want to make you punch the nearest thing to you, me neither.

Return to “Rules and Announcements (Newbies, read first)”