Which Kamen rider series do you recommend?

For the Riders we have not graced with our touch...yet
DrowningFishy
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Silly Kaijiu. Kicks are for Riders!" - hunter-urufu

Re: Which Kamen rider series do you recommend?

Post by DrowningFishy »

squashy wrote:nah, Ryuki survived til the end, kicked Odin ass and used his rewarded power to revive all the dead folks. In the finale his Contract Monster even combined with Ren's into a humongous mech armed with heat beam and hypersonic cannon, while Odin's Goldphoenix was constantly spamming explosive feathers and reversing time. Fishy was probably refering to the fact that Shinji keeped being called 'baka' by Ren n times when Odin spammed Time Vent.
_0_o_ ... ... ... _o_0_.... ... ... ::puts hand over mouth and walks away very quickly::
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

He's joking, that didn't happen.
kokowaks
Salami Commander

Post by kokowaks »

ryuki simply teamed up with the other 12 riders and used their link vents to defeat zaviax...
Spoiler
i just love posting ending spoilers...

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

i recommend those early heisei series if your in to those serious, real life, drama(shows, not genre)-like series... later ones felt like their trying too hard to be den-o...
kikaida
IXA
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Blade

Post by kikaida »

kokowaks wrote:ryuki simply teamed up with the other 12 riders and used their link vents to defeat zaviax...
Spoiler

i recommend those early heisei series if your in to those serious, real life, drama(shows, not genre)-like series... later ones felt like their trying too hard to be den-o...
GAG! please do not ever mention Kamen Rider Ruki with that American abomination Kamen Rider Dragon Knight. The two have absolutely nothing in common except the suits.
"There is no charge for awesomeness . . . or attractiveness." Po.
DrowningFishy

Post by DrowningFishy »

kikaida wrote:
kokowaks wrote:ryuki simply teamed up with the other 12 riders and used their link vents to defeat zaviax...
Spoiler

GAG! please do not ever mention Kamen Rider Ruki with that American abomination Kamen Rider Dragon Knight. The two have absolutely nothing in common except the suits.
Oh come on I thought America kept true to the japanese story line. Sure they gone from kill thy fellow rider, to what was it bounty hunters. And from anti cowaperation to cowaperation but the differances are not that much. Do not go hating.

Note: The sarcasim.

Back on topic, there is a lot of recommendable series, but if there is any spec to enjoying decade do so early. Universe is AU so it won't spoil anything. Then you can go on to watch the other series. Though it's a shame that finding Kuuga episodes is rarer then Decades dignaty.
kokowaks
Salami Commander

Post by kokowaks »

actually KRDR is still a good suggestion.. i don't know why some guys hate it though... i think its great and japanese loved it very well...
Last edited by kokowaks on Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spinster
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Survive Forms

Post by Spinster »

I didn't think KRDR was all that bad. They took toku stylings and rewrote the story using Western tropes. I don't think it was ever intended to be a 'translation'.
DrowningFishy

Post by DrowningFishy »

kokowaks wrote:actually KRDR is still a good suggestion.. i don't know why some guys hate it though... i think its great and japs loved it very well...
When will people learn saying japs is technically racist? Do not use the term jap is offensive. It's along the lines of g double o k and it is not nice to use. Yes I know you want to cut down Japanese to something more resonable, but yeah, resist.
kokowaks
Salami Commander

Post by kokowaks »

sorry about that.. didn't mean anything bad.... :oops:
DrowningFishy

Post by DrowningFishy »

kokowaks wrote:sorry about that.. didn't mean anything bad.... :oops:
Look at this way, a lot of what killed the American Series was the actors ability to belt out lines. It was sad, so maybe recorded over in another language it's easier to digest. And hey, everyone is differnt, you TECHNICALLY didn't do anything bad. It is your point of view, and everyone has the right of point of view.
Spinster
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Spinster »

DrowningFishy wrote:
kokowaks wrote:actually KRDR is still a good suggestion.. i don't know why some guys hate it though... i think its great and japs loved it very well...
When will people learn saying japs is technically racist? Do not use the term -Please spell out that word, since that term is racist- is offensive. It's along the lines of g double o k and it is not nice to use. Yes I know you want to cut down Japanese to something more resonable, but yeah, resist.
Just a stickler point of clarification from a racial sociology enthusiast; "Jap" is not racist. It's derogatory and offensive, but words cannot be racist; only attitudes.

-Edit: Hahaha, word filters can cause confusion!
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

DrowningFishy wrote:Look at this way, a lot of what killed the American Series was the actors ability to belt out lines.
I thought a lot of what killed that show was:
Spoiler
Advent Master Iron Chef bringing everyone back from the dead advent void therefore killing any chance of drama. Also, that it went with a reset ending ala Ryuki & Adam gets off scot-free~, Chris has no asthma~ Good end rite?
DrowningFishy

Post by DrowningFishy »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:
DrowningFishy wrote:Look at this way, a lot of what killed the American Series was the actors ability to belt out lines.
I thought a lot of what killed that show was:
Spoiler
Advent Master Iron Chef bringing everyone back from the dead advent void therefore killing any chance of drama. Also, that it went with a reset ending ala Ryuki & Adam gets off scot-free~, Chris has no asthma~ Good end rite?
Rather stick with kill they neighbor plot.
kokowaks
Salami Commander

Post by kokowaks »

in the end its still a kid's show... i don't think any tv show producer in the US would want to face the wrath the censors regarding death shown on a supposed children show... even if its just people vaporizing in thin air... although i had some issues regarding those one-liners... :lol:

close minded people will always have prejudice about it being an american adaptation.. but on my end, its still better than those recent disney PR...
Spinster
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Spinster »

kokowaks wrote:close minded people will always have prejudice about it being an american adaptation.. but on my end, its still better than those recent disney PR...
See, now I know I'm nuts. I actually preferred a lot of the Jettix PR series' to (most of) the Saban-era ones. I was pretty excited when I heard it was coming back after a year-long hiatus, but I've not been able to sit through more than about 45 minutes total of PR Samurai. It's just too gonzo silly for my tastes (and if you're gonna bring back Bulk, at least have the decency to get Skull too, instead of some half-arsed knock-off). But to be fair, I've never really gotten into the source material for PR.

Return to “Kamen Rider”