Favorite series: Agito, Faiz, W, OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Dreamy: Aso Megumi
Favorite Band: Switchfoot
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Fairy Tail

Re: Decade 24 Released

Post by Xcrossfire753 »

this episode is fairly epic. even thought I just really got into sentai with shinkenger a couple days ago, I can appreciate how cool this is for long time kamen rider and sentai fans this is. I really like the ayakashi diend...I think it looks awesome, possibly better then the too bulky diend. I'll be interested in seeing how decade deals with a second life style monster. they're huge compared to regular kamen rider giant monsters, am I right?
MagnaRyu
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Ryuki,Blade,Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Ryukendo,KS7
Favorite Actor?: Matsuda Satoshi
Favorite Band: AnCafe,Gackt,ViDoll
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: All Things Japanese
Quote: Check out my prop making skills at: http://forum.indymogul.com/showthread.php?t=30986

Post by MagnaRyu »

archer9234 wrote:Wonderful episode. Makes up for the stupidity, the last arc was.
Spoiler
People that can't figure out Shinkenred's weapon, that's at the end of the preview and clearly visible on the card, really need to check their eyes :P.

"AeonRanger wrote:
and was it just me or did the shinkenger's spandex look a bit more shiner and darker than ususual.

I think it's the production values"

The reason why everything looks different, is because, with Decade, everything is filmed normally. While the Sentai crew adds the extra color and bloom filters to the episodes.

Archer you might want to remove what you have in the spoiler tag. Because as I understand the rules even in a spoiler tag what you mentioned is not allowed.
I'm A Gackt Fan And I'm Male. Got A Problem With That?

Check out my prop making skills at: http://forum.indymogul.com/showthread.php?t=30986
generaldane
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa

Post by generaldane »

I loved this ep but i still find Tsukasa to be dumb for not using kabuto's power along with clock up or hyper clock up to own everything in his path.
Fidchell
Anime skin is so smooth
Favorite series: Evangelion
2nd Favorite Series: Digimon 01
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: .hack//

Post by Fidchell »

m4rc0 wrote:FIdchell, Hibiki's monsters and 14 weren't as big as a giant monster from sentai. I think the giant monsters in Den-O were smaller too, because they usually weren't bigger than the buildings.

while that is true... I can't really be sure if the monster on diend world really is smaller or not... (No buildings around to compare against)
kaemmerite
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: JRPGs

Post by kaemmerite »

I'm with everyone else. When did Mako get so hot? Seriously I saw her in the first episode of Shinkenger and was not impressed with her looks at all. Now it's like...hot damn.

But er...yes. Anyway...

Excellent episode, though I was slightly annoyed with the bit of hand-waving they did as far as Decade's abilities (seriously, couldn't he have jumped up where the Ayakashi was? I'm pretty sure he's jumped higher than that before).

As for why Natsumi is freaked out, I'm also going to go with because of her visions. Constantly hearing the phrase "A world without Riders" reminds her of it, and how all the Riders are destroyed (remember that Kuuga and Decade destroy each other at the very end).

Also, yeah. Narutaki is still the worst "villain" ever. I hesitate to call him a villain because he hardly ever does anything, he just laughs and yells about how THIS world is the end of Decade. It's gettin' old, dude.
arcane91
Go Go!
Favorite series: KR Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Haga Yruia
Favorite Actor?: David Tennent
Favorite Band: Epik High
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Walking Cellphones?

Post by arcane91 »

generaldane wrote:I loved this ep but i still find Tsukasa to be dumb for not using kabuto's power along with clock up or hyper clock up to own everything in his path.
but then, where would be the fun in show? i mean then if he has every single power couldn't he just become Den- Liner form whenever he choose or Kiva Emperor, I think the writers of the show would rather have episodes where Tsukasa relies on his own skills as a rider rather then just using everyone else's powers.

Well one thing for sure about this episode,
Diend = still on of the laziest riders i've seen

Currently watching : OOO, Double

Completed : GekiRanger, Kabuto, Kiva, Blade, decade , den-o, 555, Garo, Ryuki, samurai sentai shinkenger, HIbiki , Ketai shousaken 7
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

Fidchell, I checked it now. 14 is smaller. Check it out too:

@edit: the images below aren't spoilers, ShinkenOh is in front of a Gedoushuu in giant form (but they are both still, no attacks or equipement) and Decade and DiEnd are dodging 14's tail (since 14 appears in ep 23, he isn1t spoiler either).
Spoiler

GarTkEZ
Salami Commander
Favorite series: BLACK/Jetman/AGITO
2nd Favorite Series: Blade/Hibiki/Bouken
My boom: Adventure Time

Post by GarTkEZ »

kaemmerite wrote:I'm with everyone else. When did Mako get so hot? Seriously I saw her in the first episode of Shinkenger and was not impressed with her looks at all. Now it's like...hot damn.
Well, they started prettying up Mako's hair around Act 9 ^_^

kaemmerite wrote:Excellent episode, though I was slightly annoyed with the bit of hand-waving they did as far as Decade's abilities (seriously, couldn't he have jumped up where the Ayakashi was? I'm pretty sure he's jumped higher than that before)
Well, maybe it was a plot device to allow Chinomanako to "henshin" into DiEnd(Aka the 2nd creepiest KR henshin ever, behind Amazon's)
IKKAN KENJO!
m4rc0

Post by m4rc0 »

GarTkEZ wrote:Well, maybe it was a plot device to allow Chinomanako to "henshin" into DiEnd(Aka the 2nd creepiest KR henshin ever, behind Amazon's)
Are you forgetting Shin?
GarTkEZ
Salami Commander
Favorite series: BLACK/Jetman/AGITO
2nd Favorite Series: Blade/Hibiki/Bouken
My boom: Adventure Time

Post by GarTkEZ »

m4rc0 wrote:
GarTkEZ wrote:Well, maybe it was a plot device to allow Chinomanako to "henshin" into DiEnd(Aka the 2nd creepiest KR henshin ever, behind Amazon's)
Are you forgetting Shin?
Shin's wasn't a henshin more than a full-on metamorphosis - Wasn't Shin stuck in that suit form for the rest of the film?
IKKAN KENJO!
m4rc0

Post by m4rc0 »

I know almost nothing of japanese, but my experience watching/reading japanese stuff shows taht henshin is trasnformation in general. I mean, Black did his henshin and he didn't have an armor as the new gen rides. He was a kaijin. All old gen riders were.

New gen tend to wear armor whne they henshin. It is probably the way toei found to kkep the metal hero spirit alive.

Kamen Rider Shin spoiler, don't open the tag if you haven't seen it.
Spoiler
I remember Shin becoming normal and saving his kid. But even if Shin was still trasnformed, that professor showed that the modified human could revert to full human.
kaemmerite
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: JRPGs

Post by kaemmerite »

m4rc0 wrote:New gen tend to wear armor whne they henshin. It is probably the way toei found to kkep the metal hero spirit alive.
I dunno about that...

Kuuga, Agito, Faiz, Hibiki, and Kiva were Riders whose bodies definitely changed rather than just having armor. That's half the Heisei main Riders. If you did a tally of ALL the Heisei Riders, the "armor" would probably outweigh the "change" Riders, but that's merely because of the huge number of Riders in Kabuto.

Although actually, if we're going to count ALL the Riders, the "armor" Riders would still be way outnumbered considering that there's over a hundred Oni in Hibiki... :p
m4rc0 wrote:He was a kaijin. All old gen riders were.
I haven't seen any of the Showa Riders for the most part, but I take issue with that statement. V3 wasn't a kaijin, he was created by Riders 1 and 2. So he's at least one exception, there might be more.
m4rc0

Post by m4rc0 »

kaijin is the name they use for the altered humans. V3 was altered by 1 and 2, but he is an altered human. Riderman, X, Stronger, Skyrider, Super 1 and ZX are too. I read that in the Spirits manga.

I saw black, ZO and Shin and they certainly were altered humans. RX = black.

I haven't watched kuuga, agito and Kiva, so I can't say anything. But Faiz's riders wore armor. Their bodies didn't change. It is easy t see that because:
Faiz spoiler. don't open the tag if you haven't seen it.
Spoiler
normal people can use Delta without dying. And all three bets changed owners more than once. If they "changed", hw come Kusaka could turn into Faiz?

You are right about Hibiki though. So 6 out of 10 at least.
StagBeetle
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Agito
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider BLACK
Dreamy: Kazashiro Miu
My boom: everything...

Post by StagBeetle »

^ Judging from your post, you seem well informed, but in Faiz
Spoiler
only orphenochs or humans with orphenoch DNA can use Faiz & Kaixa gear, Delta gear can be used by anyone. Takumi is an orphenoch, which can be considered an altered human, I guess. And Masato was injected with orphenoch DNA, so he's also altered in a way.

BTW, a Kamen Rider is a Kamen Rider, no matter how he henshin (look at G3-X). So my vote for the creepiest henshin goes to Shin.

This is getting off topic, so I'll get back to the episode's discussion...
I don't watch Shinkenger so I can't really compare the 2 series, but I like their fight scenes. It's like Gekiranger (which I saw & liked) with swords.
I watched this episode twice and I reckon Natsumi has a 'thing' for Tsukasa and she's afraid that she might lose Tsukasa, that's why, I guess, she's worried about a world without Kamen Riders, lol.

Anyway, did you know that the Malay word for fish is 'ikan' (pronounced the same way as Ikkan), so there's a little bit of irony when that Genta guy says his henshin call.
DisneyKiller
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger/Ryuki
Dreamy: Kinoshita Ayumi
Favorite Actor?: Matsuzaka Tori
Favorite Band: UVERworld
My boom: SNSD

Post by DisneyKiller »

I noticed something. Genta is the first to kill Kaito's summon. I think.

Its interesting that they used Ryuki, as it was the first Rider i watched.

GedoEnd's henshin is very creepy. Very. It is the sickest looking Rider/Sentai monster ive ever seen. The DiEnd driver voice is scary.

This tradition of Sentai/Rider crossovers should continue but not every year maybe at super sentai and kamen rider anniversaries like sentai 35 or rider 40. Oh, they should make a movie. With at least equivalent budget used on the Go-onger vs Gekiranger.

And i do believe Natsumi has developed feelings for Tsukasa. I havent seen her do her poke-neck(i forgot what it was called.) thing in a while.

Return to “Kamen Rider Decade”