TQG
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaimu
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokai
Favorite Band: J-rock/pop + Dubstep
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: ISTP Crafter

Re: Ryuki complete series discussion thread

Post by Uzur9 »

Just finished and WOW. I feel like Im speachless this season was so freaking amazing. I didnt see it comin that Yui was already dead (Wizard didnt pull that off so well). I shall be placing Ryuki up in the top with Amazon. And not to knock the newer season cause I have enjoyed them but it seems Ive really liked the older stuff better. Just seems they are more "brutal" that may not be the right word to use but I hope you understand. :)
Kamen Rider left to finish:
Reiwa: Geats, Gotchard

Super Sentai left to finish:
Shōwa: Denjiman, Goggle V, Dynaman, Changeman

Heisei: Complete.

Reiwa: Zenkaiger, High School Heroes, Donbrothers & King-Ohger
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Sweet, glad you stuck with it.
Uzur9
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaimu
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokai
Favorite Band: J-rock/pop + Dubstep
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by Uzur9 »

takenoko wrote:Sweet, glad you stuck with it.
:D My goal is to watch all seasons off KR.
Kamen Rider left to finish:
Reiwa: Geats, Gotchard

Super Sentai left to finish:
Shōwa: Denjiman, Goggle V, Dynaman, Changeman

Heisei: Complete.

Reiwa: Zenkaiger, High School Heroes, Donbrothers & King-Ohger
[kuronogantzryu]
Everything is drama!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Dreamy: Mirei Kiritani
Favorite Actor?: Tatsuya Fujiwara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by [kuronogantzryu] »

Best Rider series ever? It's definitely kicked Hibiki out of the first place spot for me. Ryuki starts off rather slowly but after the introduction of the first few Riders, things gradually get interesting.

I really liked Tezuka 'cause he's like a second Shinji. He has his own ideals and reasons behind becoming a Rider but he wants to stop the Rider Battle as well. It's a shame that he got killed 5-10 EPs after he debuted. He could've totally had his story and character expanded upon and end up like Kitaoka but I guess they only wanted one protagonist with the "Stop everyone!" mentality. As for Kitaoka himself, I didn't like him in the beginning. His smug, arrogant and snobby attitude towards most of the characters was unpleasant but as the series progressed, the character grew on me. His backstory, ideals and personal interactions with Goro really won me over and is probably my favorite character after Shinji / Ren or Shiro / Yui.

It's groundbreaking to me how most of the characters were killed off throughout the series. Nowadays, characters in Kamen Rider are rarely killed off except for plot purposes but the Ryuki characters' death didn't feel forced. They actually felt like what would happen in real life. That's the one thing that really caught my attention with this series. It was grounded in present-day reality and the goals / pursuits of each Rider character seemed genuine and realisitc. It's just that there just so happened to be some "god-like" being that gave these people power to make their dreams real that separated it from reality.

What solidified the series as my favorite was Shiro and Yui as two of the most relatable characters to me personally. Being a brother to a younger sister myself, I could totally see myself going to those extremes that Shiro did for his sister's sake. Since they were the only two who really cared for one another, Shiro sacrificed everything for her, even his happiness. Yui, being sentimental, didn't want her brother to suffer and instead found an alternative in which they could happily exist.

I found it melancholy that the series didn't really have a "happy" ending. Seriously, this is the only Rider series in which I have been deeply moved and cried. It was mostly because of the strong brother-sister relationship displayed by Shiro and Yui in the final EP, the "dream sequence" with them drawing. Even though they knew they weren't gonna exist in the present-day world, they were happy to just be a family again, if even for a short moment of time. Shinji's death really took me by surprise as well. Even though he was dying, he stuck to his ideal since day 1 and fought for it till his dying breath. This scene also teared me up because of Ren's reaction. He didn't have his cold demeanor and jerk attitude anymore, he actually cared for and was scared / sad of his friend Shinji dying.

The series had so many people involved / that were affected by the Rider Battle that I was glad to see almost all of the characters brought back in the revised timeline, living life normally, unfortunately not having any knowledge of their previous relationships with the others.

I don't have much else to say but I strongly recommend that Ryuki be watched by all Kamen Rider fans.
ImageImage
PTM966666
Adventure
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz
Dreamy: Mikie Hara
Favorite Actor?: Tom Hanks
Favorite Band: Coldrain
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by PTM966666 »

I finished the series, special and movie yesterday, this is truly an awesome series. I personally like Miho/KR Femme and she shouldn't have died in the movie, she could forfeit the battle just like Kitaoka. I feel a little bit sorry for her, a girl who was using men to archive her goal and when she found a man who she really want to be with, she got killed. I would love to see her in the TV-series, see how her relationship with Shinji develop and they should have kissed in the movie :( (I don't see much boy-girl love in any particular KR series).

Also there are things that i really don't understand about the movie. According to Wiki, the movie takes place after ep 46, so where is Megumi ? I think she was still working at ORE Journal. Also why Odin was not part of the remaining 6 Riders ? He should be the final Rider for Ryuki/Knight to fight to be able to grand their wishes.

And for the appearance of Ryuga, maybe Ryuga was also a mirror monster created by Yui's drawing, because the movie mentions that they met at the play yard and promised to meet again the following day, but Shinji didn't come; so Yui might be so bored and she drew a picture of him and gave it to her mirror version. Or as somebody mentioned before, Ryuga appeared to show that Shinji can kick anybody's butt if he is serious :)).

P/S: sorry if i made any mistake, my English is not really good :D .

Return to “Kamen Rider Ryuki”