Feel the power of Decade
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Kiva | Decade | W >
Wolf-man
7X

Re: Decade 29 Released

Post by Wolf-man »

This was a little better than the last episode. Amazon's acting is still pretty bad but I didn't notice as much. I was shocked when Kuuga chou-henshined into Titan form. I honestly did not expect to see any of forms of Kuuga other than the red form. It was weird that Diend gets a new power up card then puts it away so he can use another new on that he either pulled out of thin air or stole from Ren. Then plot holes continue wiith the two most pointless characters in the show, Eijirou and Kivaara. They are kidnapped then show back up out of the blue. Oh well that's the way it's been and it's not going to change in the next 2 episodes. Anyway, Double continues to look good. I'm excited for TV-N to start subbing that when it starts. Hopefully the last couple episodes of Decade will be really good.
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

It was never stated tha Eijirou and Kivaara were kidnapped. They just went... "poof" and then appeared again.
Arigomi wrote:It's too bad Apollo Geist wasn't introduced earlier. He is far more entertaining than Narutaki ever was.
That is because he actually does something. The most Narutaki ever did was summon some random riders to get in decade's way. Not only that, Apollo Geist in 4 eps has been more fleshed out than Narutaki was in the entire show. And they also made him have a grudge against Decade because of the perfecter.
Kamen Rider Gumo
Faiz
Favorite series: Zyuranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Dreamy: Reiko Chiba
Favorite Actor?: Takaiwa Seiji
Favorite Band: Twisted Sister
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: DragonBall Z
Quote: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest...is silence..."
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Post by Kamen Rider Gumo »

I've never seen the original Amazon so I can't really judge this arc based on that, but I don't believe Enrique's acting is quite as bad as that costume design. And given the developments so far, I'm betting most of the explanation for the series is in the movie. From a business standpoint, it makes sense; Toei can potentially get more cash from movie ticket sales by leaving the TV series with a loose thread to be tied up in the film. Now, that doesn't mean I wouldn't rather see the explanation in the series itself, but I can at least see why they'd do such a thing and can't really fault them for it.

I've seen a lot of people complain about this entire series since day one; I have to wonder why one would continue to watch a series if one clearly disliked it.
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

OK Amazon is a wild rider, a person who grew up in the wild, in the series he cant talk to start with, as time progresses he learns to speak, but in a strange way, which is portrayed by the actor in this arc, so its how he is supposed to act, all you people saying he cant act for shit should quit complaining, its how the character is, get over it, I think he did a good job, he portrayed him well.
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Well, some people complain about the things they like. Just because people complain about stupid things like Kivaara and Yuusuke doesn't mean they're not fans of the shows as a whole
Cirdec
7X

Post by Cirdec »

This isn't the movie discussion thread
-take
William_Duel
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Faiz
My boom: The World.

Post by William_Duel »

"This the worst of all worlds..."
Hahaha I couldn't help but laugh. If I were Amazon i'd be a little offended. This may not be a proper time to vent but considering what we've seen of these alternate worlds, there's really no reason why Decade couldn't have 50 episodes long and they could have visited all the showa worlds as well, and maybe develop the plot some more (I feel like very little in the way of plot development has happened a la Den-O). Ah well, I suppose once we have the grand "the show's over what did we think?" there will be more to say. The card Tsukasa gained here seems absolutely useless. But it was nice to see Amazon, and though I was all proud that there was a (half)Peruvian involved, eh, he needed some work in a few places. Looking forward to the rest. The enemy was probably the most interesting element of this world.
Soldat Veritas
Cirdec
7X

Post by Cirdec »

Agreed. Jyumenki rules.
m4rc0
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

Azazel, the strange speech isn't the reason everybody said his acting was bad. It was the lack of facial expressions and emotion in the voice. He always had the same tone and facial expression, either when he was happy, angry or sad.

But if you think that he did a good job, ok, everyone is free to have a personal opinion.
takenoko wrote:Well, some people complain about the things they like. Just because people complain about stupid things like Kivaara and Yuusuke doesn't mean they're not fans of the shows as a whole
I agree. Its like we do with our friends. We like them, but they have their imperfections, as we do. Sometimes we complain about it, but that doesn't mean we should stop being friends with them. We accept the bad things, with an ocasional complaint, and focus on the things we like on them.
lostinbrave
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by lostinbrave »

I really thought that amazon really had a lot of work to do acting wise, maybe it was just that it seemed like he didn't care at all. My complaints have nothing to do with the speech patterns, but more of the inflection in the voice, the passion in the eyes, and the belief in the actions, all of which I thought was lacking. Yes he is supposed to be a wild boy, but he didn't even act anything like an animal, unless you are referring to a sloth.
ImageImage
Cirdec
7X

Post by Cirdec »

Seriously. Amazon is supposed to bleed HOT BLOOD. He did nothing of the sort in this incarnation.

And opinion or not, that acting was BAD. Period. I've seen kindergarten recitals more believable.

As a matter of fact, so have all of you. You know it's true.
KickHopper
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: KR W & Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Keitei Sousakan 7
Dreamy: Why yes I am
Favorite Actor?: Watanabe Hiroyuki
Favorite Band: Royksopp
My boom: Film Noir
Quote: "Walking the path of Hell, the man who serves no one."

Post by KickHopper »

Azazel wrote:OK Amazon is a wild rider, a person who grew up in the wild, in the series he cant talk to start with, as time progresses he learns to speak, but in a strange way, which is portrayed by the actor in this arc, so its how he is supposed to act, all you people saying he cant act for shit should quit complaining, its how the character is, get over it, I think he did a good job, he portrayed him well.
Dude, no one was saying anything about speech patterns. If you'd actually read the posts, you'd see we were talking about his actual portrayal of the character. YES, he IS a wild person who grew up in the jungle. That's the POINT! The actor is not at all portraying that feature. As I've said many times, he doesn't actually put any kind of emotion in his vocals at all. The original Amazon, when he was enraged enough to transform, you could TELL he was enraged. He gnashed his teeth, he growled, and he shouted out "A-MA-ZON!" like it was the epitome of pure animal power and ferocity, which it WAS. And that's what we're griping about. And I'm sorry, but I thought this was a discussion thread about the episode that you guys subbed. If you don't want us to actually talk about and express our opinions on the show, then maybe you guys shouldn't bother having a forum dedicated to talking about the shows.
ImageImage
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Cirdec wrote:And opinion or not, that acting was BAD. Period. I've seen kindergarten recitals more believable.

As a matter of fact, so have all of you. You know it's true.
While I agree, the moment someone tells me what my opinion is, is when I stop listening to them

I suppose the annoying thing about this discussion is that you guys aren't really saying anything about Amazon's acting that wasn't said in Decade 28. There's other aspects of the episode to talk about
KickHopper wrote:If you don't want us to actually talk about and express our opinions on the show, then maybe you guys shouldn't bother having a forum dedicated to talking about the shows.
Also, just ignore Az when he spazzes out like that. Spazzing out in the same way as a reaction doesn't really help, and you're making it sound like he was going to ban you for having an opinion, which clearly wasn't the case. At this point, both of you are expressing pretty annoying opinions because you're telling each other how to think
KickHopper
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: KR W & Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Keitei Sousakan 7
Dreamy: Why yes I am
Favorite Actor?: Watanabe Hiroyuki
Favorite Band: Royksopp
My boom: Film Noir
Quote: "Walking the path of Hell, the man who serves no one."

Post by KickHopper »

Gomen, take-dono. I tend to respond in kind, as you noted there. A bad habit I should try and rid myself of I suppose
ImageImage
garfield15
Save the life
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Saki-chan
Favorite Band: FLOW
My boom: Nintendo Wii

Post by garfield15 »

Still wondering why they picked Faiz for this world, but like I said in the previous thread, they probably just picked a name out of a hat just like this world

Also, Hi random castle.
------------------
Thank you TV-Nihon for the release

(This way I don't have to write it every time and I'm still showing appreciation!")

Return to “Kamen Rider Decade”