Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Kiva | Decade | W >
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: Decade 29 Released

Post by Phoenix512 »

I'm tired of seeing posts about Amazon's actor being bad. It's AU. It doesn't mean that the AU Amazon will act the same as the Original Amazon. Maybe the AU Amazon's actor is playing the part correctly.
gekiwaza
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Keitai Sousakan 7
Dreamy: The KS7 female cast
My boom: mic

Post by gekiwaza »

I have a theory on what the new card is for Diend, but I won't post it because it's a theory.

I thought it was kind of random that they made the Gaga-Braclet go to Decade and then Amazon, why not just make the card let Amazon where it in the first place, but then he wouldn't have had to use the Final Attack Ride Amazon card. Toei Rep: "Gotta pimp those cards out like whores!"

When I saw the word Oni, my first thought was "Don't use Momotaros!"
Unrefined-Nemesis
Go Go!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Series
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai Series
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Unrefined-Nemesis »

Chariot wrote: Where did Eijiro and Kivaara go? They didn't show any surprise at them coming back, it feels like it was useless for them to disappear in the first place.
Eijiro became a mole in this world remember episode 28 ? lols, prolly hiding in a hole.
Skiks
Faiz

Post by Skiks »

Cirdec wrote:
garfield15 wrote:I don't think Hibiki was skipped. It was very faint but when I wore my headphones I could here the "-iki" after Blade

Oh yeah...

[ Image ]
[ Image ]

Decade vs. Kuuga...the EPIC CONFRONTATION!
Spoiler
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
Ack...too many pics. I would gif these, but I'm too lazy.
One episode left? Too many loose ends. seems to me they'll make a movie later or something like they did with Den-O.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/ ... rial-1.gif
Way ahead of you.
I loved seeing Kaitou do all the work just to have it stolen from him with one card.
GarTkEZ
Salami Commander
Favorite series: BLACK/Jetman/AGITO
2nd Favorite Series: Blade/Hibiki/Bouken
Favorite Band: Switchfoot
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Adventure Time

Post by GarTkEZ »

@Skiks

LOL @ Kaito getting T-blocked. AGAIN.

@Cirdec

Apparently it is.
IKKAN KENJO!
mateo360
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Den-o
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz
Favorite Band: GACKT
My boom: Kamen Rider

Post by mateo360 »

I would have loved to have actually seen the faces on the 10 faced demon.
Do Not Underestimate the Power of Tommy's Ass.
Doublesteel
Infinity

Post by Doublesteel »

overall amazon world was good, just lol'd when they stoped the "surgery" long time since a un-henshin'd rider kicked some badies ass

btw where did they get the Dai-shocker grunt disguises, i feel cheated out of another comical fight...
KickHopper
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: KR W & Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Keitei Sousakan 7
Dreamy: Why yes I am
Favorite Actor?: Watanabe Hiroyuki
Favorite Band: Royksopp
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Film Noir
Quote: "Walking the path of Hell, the man who serves no one."

Post by KickHopper »

Phoenix512 wrote:I'm tired of seeing posts about Amazon's actor being bad. It's AU. It doesn't mean that the AU Amazon will act the same as the Original Amazon. Maybe the AU Amazon's actor is playing the part correctly.
Bad acting is still bad acting. This Amazon has essentially the same origin story as the original Amazon. Does he scream out "man who was raised his whole life by the wild of the Amazon jungle"? No. Not at all. And yeah, one might mark his lack of conviction in his vocals as timidity, but by his facial expressions you know he's supposed to be growling out with rage "A-MA-ZON!" His facial expressions give away his bad vocals in that way. And then there's the power that's supposed to be behind his special moves as Amazon like Jaguar Shock and Dai Setsudan. His shallow vocals don't match the power that's supposed to be behind those special move names. In every other aspect in the episodes, where he's not fighting or about to get into a fight, he's ok. But it's when it's time to throw down that his vocal skills plummet.

The cards that Decade got for Amazon really seemed... lame. Could Amazon not have put on the Gaga Armlet and performed the Super Dai Setsudan on his own? The cards seemed unnecessary.

I don't like that DiEnd now has an Illusion card. I feel that his Invisible card was to counter Decade's Illusion card. Plus, he can summon up to three riders at a time it seems so far. Why bother with Illusion when you can just summon whoever you want. He seems to have a whole pocket dimension full of Rider cards in his little card holder there. Just summon the entire Rider cast of Ryuki, you're pretty much set.

Finally! Yuusuke remembers he can Chou Henshin! Good job, Kuuga! *thumbs up*

At the end, I'm pretty sure if Grandpa Hikari and Kivala were in fact kidnapped by DaiShocker, it was probably Kaito who saved them. Him being there as well, and the line he gave, kinda gave me that impression.
ImageImage
Arawynn
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Garo, KR Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kouga, Tetsu
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Arawynn »

The most expression in both eps I saw on Amazon's face was when he was playing catch with Masahiko.
More Narutaki randomness...Hopefully he has something significant to reveal in the last ep.

I'm kinda feeling sad Decade is coming to an end. :cry:
KR - Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-o, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze Sentai - Dai, Time, Gao, Hurrican, Aba, Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-on, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Gobust Other: Garo, Garo: Makai Senki
Cirdec
7X
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Cirdec »

Well, no that Decade's almost over, I guess it's time to buy a decadriver. I just wish they weren't so damn expensive.
ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM
Faiz
Favorite series: Garo/Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Kabuto/Blade
Dreamy: Takanashi Rin
Favorite Band: Too many to list
My boom: Gundam
Quote: We're not tools of the government or anyone elses. Fighting was the only thing i was good at, but at least i fought for what i believed in.-Gray Fox

Post by ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM »

KickHopper wrote: I don't like that DiEnd now has an Illusion card. I feel that his Invisible card was to counter Decade's Illusion card. Plus, he can summon up to three riders at a time it seems so far. Why bother with Illusion when you can just summon whoever you want. He seems to have a whole pocket dimension full of Rider cards in his little card holder there. Just summon the entire Rider cast of Ryuki, you're pretty much set.
Its probably to compensate for the fact that Diend aint getting squat as a final form lol.
We Begin The Armed Intervention with Gundam
Rider Tristan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: The current Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Double/W
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Decade's Conga Beat

Post by Rider Tristan »

I'm not trying to state the whole bad actor thing but... I noticed they used an extra reverberation to make the last Amazon henshin call a little more energetic. I had a feeling they'd try to make the last one the most forceful, after the resolve sets in.
There's a reason why Decade AU Odin's user has not been shown...
TurtleFu
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Favorite Actor?: Murai Ryouta
Favorite Band: Morning Musume.
My boom: Tokusatsu!

Post by TurtleFu »

Phoenix512 wrote:I'm tired of seeing posts about Amazon's actor being bad. It's AU. It doesn't mean that the AU Amazon will act the same as the Original Amazon. Maybe the AU Amazon's actor is playing the part correctly.
Well, I haven't seen the original Amazon, but to me the actor that plays him seems to have an extremely limited emotional range. In terms of his voice or his face or even his actions, everything comes across to me as too reserved. For example, in the scene when Masahiko's sister and Yusuke come to tell Natsumi and Amazon that Masahiki needs saving, you can clearly see emotion on Kanna Mori's face and how she stands up, but Enrique just blinks, stone-faced. And even if Amazon is supposed to be portrayed as emotion-less or subdued, there are better ways to portray it, such as the way Masahiro portrays Tsukasa. I can't help but feel Enrique was casted more for his race than his acting skills.
EDIT: And furthermore, it's not just his voice, or how the character is not supposed to speak properly. Just looking at his face, he doesn't display any emotion. Throughout the entire episode he is practically stone-faced. Even if someone didn't know how to speak, they would still be able to express themselves through pantomime.
/rant off

Didn't Apollo Geist say that he'll die if the Protector is destroyed? And it's destroyed, so why isn't he dead?

As for this entire arc, I feel disappointed. I felt the same way for DiEnd's arc, but by the end I liked it. However, I still don't like this arc that much.
Last edited by TurtleFu on Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

I already wrote about Enrique's bad acting last week so I won't get in details about it again.

Illusion really seems useless for someone that can summon many riders, unless he needs to decieve someone, since the summoned riders don't look like him as the copies do.

Not only Jyumenki was badly used, having the bracelet stolen by the kid was kinda ridiculous. And the bracelet going to amazon because of the card totaly random.

I agree with ZGMF... , this world was pretty random. There was no development for decade (and after it htere is only one more) and nothing new in the plot. Amazon also seems random. What they did there they could have done with any Showa rider... Maybe they were trying to introduce the characters so they can be used in the movie...

The way everyone could enter DaiSHocker's base was kinda lame, and the change in heart the onee-san had was too sudden.

It turns out that DiEnd's child-like acting and "bitchyness" was really just him trying to be a part of the gang... Pretty lame too. And again the thief steals nothing...

Eijiro was probably with his friends in DaiShocker, because since the whole masked party talk in RX's world, I suspect he might be Dai SHocker. Then again I'm probably wrong and they let it as a loose end. They probably escaped when DaiSHocker trashed the house and returned when it was safe. But Natsumi arriving home and not mentioning her grandfather was strange.

In the end, two wasted episodes. I think that either the last two will have too much information and be very meh or they will leave explanations for a movie (maybe DaiShocker's, or another one).

This is pure speculation, but I think they will leave Decade with an open end and use it as an excuse to do crossover or specials with the riders, as they do with the sentai.
zeta_gundam
Save the life
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

TurtleFu wrote:Didn't Apollo Geist say that he'll die if the Protector is destroyed? And it's destroyed, so why isn't he dead?
He will die after some time. Not immediately. He needs the Perfector to prolong his life.

Return to “Kamen Rider Decade”