Feel the power of Decade
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Kiva | Decade | W >
kokowaks
Salami Commander

Re: Decade 31 released

Post by kokowaks »

decade's magic to the people is his ability to bring most the other past rider's together(an ability den-o doesn't have)... something good for an anniversary series... this is what some say "epic"

people are just angry to the fact that the decade movie(s) isn't accessible to us instantly... don't just rant at something which isn't finished yet... you can rant about the endings of kabuto or ryuki all you want since the series is over and there are no possibilities of sequels(exept for den-o),.. finish first decade before destroying its image... im sure if given the chance to see the movies instantly i think most of us will watch it eagerly... but right now what we need is patience since most of us cant do anything but wait for TVN...
TG23
Gabu
Dreamy: Hell Wolf-kun
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Killing You Guys

Post by TG23 »

jolly_old_saint wrote: Also, did Blade 1 forget he was the only rider to try talking his way out of stupid misunderstanding-based conflict? Did Kiva 1 forget that he was a whiny coward who would sooner go back into the past and find a much worse solution than attack an innocent-ish person (albeit an innocent-ish person who abuses women)?

All these answers and...hahahah, right. A movie. That'll wrap things up neatly.
Really their personalities seem canonical which is why a number feel its the OU versions at the end attacking Decade. Which I thought was pretty cool. Like the strongest versions had to protect the world and whatnot. Its not to hard to see that with all the world jumping. Although we don't know for sure unless the creators or directors say they are. Also that twist at the end was very nice. I expected something ironic like that but still nice they had it.

You also have to remember about those characters is that *Blade and Kiva potential spoilers*
Spoiler
they both go through fairly drastic changes compared to where they started from in their series.

*Kamen Rider Blade Spoiler:*

Spoiler
Kenzaki finally comes to realize in order to save Hajime, he has to keep the fight going so becomes a undead to keep Hajime's Joker in check. People say he became a joker due to the effects of using King Form too much.

Kamen Rider Kiva Spoiler:*

Spoiler
Towards the end of the series Wataru gains alot of self confidience and that traslated into more power for him and a much more in control demeanor to the point he could confidently take over the role of Fangire King (although temporary) and challenge lower fangires without transforming into Kiva.
OMAETACHI, KOROCHU!
Damage
Favorite series: Blade/GARO/Shi15uya
2nd Favorite Series: W/Den-O/Cutie Honey
Dreamy: Mikie Hara!
Favorite Actor?: Edward Norton
Favorite Band: Oasis
My boom: F/S N, Glee, LOGH
Quote: “I had a Gundam once. He was magnificent.”
- Oscar Wilde

Post by Damage »

Nice cliffhanger, but it could've easily been just 4 more episodes that could've transitioned to W, as opposed to milking it for a movie 4 months down the line(for argument's sake, assume I live in japan and am fluent in the language). Ah well. HOORAY FOR CAPITALISM.

Spoiler
I also get the feeling there's more to Kaitou's shot than meets the eye(in b4 transformers pun). Could just be a false finish for obvious purposes.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

I personally dislike the use of the term milking while there are people who think something is worth it.

And why the need to transition Decade to W? It never transitioned before.
Sloth MD
Douza Uru Zazaado
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Sloth MD »

Ah! Though I am kind of sad they didn't do that "Here's W!" introduction like they used to do when they're just like "So? (Insert Kamen Rider name here.)'s world, huh? *Shows a quick scene of said Rider before episode ends.*".
a_Mask_and_a_Promise
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: KR Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: KR Blade
Favorite Band: The Protomen
My boom: Persona

Post by a_Mask_and_a_Promise »

a_Mask_and_a_Promise wrote:This is the Decade 31 discussion thread not talking about Double - Phoenix512
*Forces smile* Sure, I'll try to learn.

I do agree with you that it would have been nice to see all the showa worlds,especially Stronger. That might be just me though :P
Justice Loyalty Naivity

I'm never gonna get tired of making up stupid ways to color Double for my posts.
Cirdec
7X

Post by Cirdec »

Nah, IMO they covered Showa good enough. They had Black.

AND.
TAIYO.
NO.
KAMEN.
RIDER.
BLACK.
R.
X.

'Nuff said.
jolly_old_saint
Faiz
Favorite series: Gumby
2nd Favorite Series: Dengekibikifaizenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by jolly_old_saint »

TG23 wrote: Really their personalities seem canonical which is why a number feel its the OU versions at the end attacking Decade. Which I thought was pretty cool. Like the strongest versions had to protect the world and whatnot. Its not to hard to see that with all the world jumping. Although we don't know for sure unless the creators or directors say they are. Also that twist at the end was very nice. I expected something ironic like that but still nice they had it.

You also have to remember about those characters is that *Blade and Kiva potential spoilers*
Spoiler
they both go through fairly drastic changes compared to where they started from in their series.

*Kamen Rider Blade Spoiler:*

Spoiler
Kenzaki finally comes to realize in order to save Hajime, he has to keep the fight going so becomes a undead to keep Hajime's Joker in check. People say he became a joker due to the effects of using King Form too much.

Kamen Rider Kiva Spoiler:*

Spoiler
Towards the end of the series Wataru gains alot of self confidience and that traslated into more power for him and a much more in control demeanor to the point he could confidently take over the role of Fangire King (although temporary) and challenge lower fangires without transforming into Kiva.
...I'll grant that Blade being
Spoiler
joker
could make him a dumb jerk. I guess. Any progression kiva made would be invalidated by plotholes and his ending, wherein
Spoiler
space vampires from the future show up to crash a wedding
. Don't get me wrong, it was an awesome ending...I'd much rather Decade end the same way...but it makes Kiva hard to take seriously.

The real problem is that you have these actors back for the sake of being cool...and what's done with them? A stupid misunderstanding-based fight (okay, you could say they know what they're doing, but I stand by this being a standard title vs. secondary rider conflict...the kind that happens a third of the way through every series...and I still doubt they know what they're doing, since the logic is "we can only save our worlds by killing the guy who was supposed to kill the alternate versions of ourselves"). For the last episode of the series, they could've done a little better. I mean, cripes, even if they had to go this way with it...they could've at least shown why G.I. Joe and Cobra were shooting lasers in the background. Or why fuuma no blade disappeared a day before little kiva or shounen 2: electric boogaloo. Or what all the other alternate riders were up to. Or why the climactic fight with metal man's crew only lasted a minute. Or why metal man threw Decade that bone by asking who he is again. I mean, come on, he had to have known what was gonna be said.

I'm sure all of this will be answered in the crossover with casshernkaider...but it's a very frustrating way to end a series with so much potential to do better.
DrinkItDown
RYUKI TARDFACE
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Faiz
Dreamy: Faiz Bar Tender chic
Favorite Band: L'Arc en Ciel
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Cars i suppose

Post by DrinkItDown »

Kenzaki was just on his period.
Old school TVN member
formerly FA|RokkumanEXE
大変身
Save the life
Favorite Actor?: Nobuyuki Hiyama

Post by 大変身 »

anyone noticed that when Apollo revived all of the "Nine World Bosses," that he didn't revive the Grongi boss or the Hibiki boss (Gyuki or Giant Enemy Crab?) and Abyss from Ryuki even if he could have just been a different user?
Last edited by 大変身 on Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Twitter
iamawesome.com
AmienZero
NagoSan
Favorite Actor?: Sean Connery
Favorite Band: Instrumental Music
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: SILENCE! I KEEL YOU!

Post by AmienZero »

lol at kabuto running around decade......wonder why only Kuuga and Blade uses their final forms? for Kuuga i can understand he is under Kivaara's kiss influence. and even tsukasa didn't use complete form.

anyone know what's the song name during the last fight? you know, when Yuusuke wakes up as
Spoiler
and faces Tsukasa.
"Untouchable Spirit! Rin-Jyu T-Rex-ken!"

SILENCE! I KEEL YOU! *evil stare*
Cirdec
7X

Post by Cirdec »

AmienZero wrote:lol at kabuto running around decade......
Seriously, he didn't even get into the fight. WTFH? If he clocked up the fight would've been over SO fast (lol, fast).
oolas
I am the new #2
I am the new #2

Post by oolas »

The ending is ok for me. It just that I was hoping that all the Riders and secondary Riders will go all out on him just like in Natsume dream. I guess 9 vs 1 is hard enough especially when against King Form and Ultimate Form.

Also I notice when Blade hit Tsukasa after he henshin, the blade shake like rubber/jelly.
大変身 wrote:anyone noticed that when Apollo revived all of the "Nine World Bosses," that he didn't revive the Grongi boss or the Hibiki boss (Gyuki or Giant Enemy Crab?) and Abyss from Ryuki even if he could have just been a different user?
Well, I think it like this;

- Abyss is King of Heart Undead so he is not originally from Ryuki world. Plus, Narutaki is the one who brought him.
- Gyuki is Hibiki. A Rider cannot be the evil boss. That crab Makamou is just a normal Kajiu.
- If you have watch Kamen Rider Kuuga, then you'll know who and what is "Ultimate Darkness" a.k.a the boss.

On to Double then.
ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM
Faiz
Favorite series: Garo/Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Kabuto/Blade
Dreamy: Takanashi Rin
Favorite Band: Too many to list
My boom: Gundam
Quote: We're not tools of the government or anyone elses. Fighting was the only thing i was good at, but at least i fought for what i believed in.-Gray Fox

Post by ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM »

大変身 wrote:anyone noticed that when Apollo revived all of the "Nine World Bosses," that he didn't revive the Grongi boss or the Hibiki boss (Gyuki or Giant Enemy Crab?) and Abyss from Ryuki even if he could have just been a different user?
They probably didnt wanna revive Abyss cause hes a Kamen Rider......Dai Shocker absolutely doesnt like riders so reviving him is just a no no in his eyes.

I actually think Kenzaki improved on his fighting, he doesnt swing the King Rouser as much like a wild mad man like in his own Show.
We Begin The Armed Intervention with Gundam
KickHopper
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: KR W & Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Keitei Sousakan 7
Dreamy: Why yes I am
Favorite Actor?: Watanabe Hiroyuki
Favorite Band: Royksopp
My boom: Film Noir
Quote: "Walking the path of Hell, the man who serves no one."

Post by KickHopper »

ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM wrote:
They probably didnt wanna revive Abyss cause hes a Kamen Rider......Dai Shocker absolutely doesnt like riders so reviving him is just a no no in his eyes.

I actually think Kenzaki improved on his fighting, he doesnt swing the King Rouser as much like a wild mad man like in his own Show.
None swing a sword like a wild madman better than Momotaros!
ImageImage

Return to “Kamen Rider Decade”