Kamen Rider W 1 released

Double your pleasure, double your fun. Spearmint gum.
Raida|23
Crossing a Millennium
Favorite series: too much to list

Re: Kamen Rider W 1 released

Post by Raida|23 »

Arigomi wrote:
m4rc0 wrote:They could make that police guy discover they are doule and call them when its necessary. that would even create a nice conflict if they were in the middle of solving a case and were called...
I am under the impression that Jin-san knows about Double by how he gave Shoutarou those pictures. One of those pictures actually had a vital clue that was needed to find Togawa Yousuke. Shoutarou commented about how it was just a coincidence that Marina's case was related to the Dopant case the police were investigating.

It seems the name of the town is also related to The Long Goodbye.
Fuuto > means Windy City > nickname of Chicago > birthplace of Raymond Chandler > wrote The Long Goodbye
Didnt knew of this Chicago nickname, it goes well with what I've read about the book and the writer's work used for "reference" while creatin the universe.
SurgingShark
Adventure
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Hibiki
Dreamy: Jasmine (DekaRanger)
Favorite Actor?: Kinoshita Ayumi
Favorite Band: ellegarden
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Post by SurgingShark »

You know, I've been wondering...
...where the heck did that female villain plug in the GaiaMemory? 0_o

(Also, was I the only one reminded of a certain Lonely Island song in the OP? XD)
Last edited by SurgingShark on Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
TG23
Gabu
Dreamy: Hell Wolf-kun
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Killing You Guys

Post by TG23 »

Thats pretty cool Arigomi picking up on that.

And wow really? I thought Chicago's nickname, Windy City, was on the level of like New York City being called the Big Apple or Texas the Lone Star State. One of those "I don't remember where I learned it, but I know it" type deals. I'm a little sad now. I think I'll go eat some pizza...

And yeah, Luna is interesting but I actually liked the part where he grabbed the monsters face to help him get closer to the enemy more then I like the weird whirling cg animation. It felt over done with the whirling. It be cool if it did take a bit from One Piece and show that tension and speed from the stretching effect they use in it. Less fancy on terms of showing off CG but definitely cooler looking. Or at least have it follow some kind of physics like a whip or rubber band. And hey, didn't we have a rider with a hook for a hand too?
OMAETACHI, KOROCHU!
garfield15
Save the life
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Saki-chan
Favorite Band: FLOW
My boom: Nintendo Wii

Post by garfield15 »

Literal translation

------------------
Thank you TV-Nihon for the release

(This way I don't have to write it every time and I'm still showing appreciation!")
SurgingShark
Adventure
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Hibiki
Dreamy: Jasmine (DekaRanger)
Favorite Actor?: Kinoshita Ayumi
Favorite Band: ellegarden
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Post by SurgingShark »

Well played, sir!
KickHopper
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: KR W & Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Keitei Sousakan 7
Dreamy: Why yes I am
Favorite Actor?: Watanabe Hiroyuki
Favorite Band: Royksopp
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Film Noir
Quote: "Walking the path of Hell, the man who serves no one."

Post by KickHopper »

garfield15 wrote:Literal translation

[ Image ]
I see your Cyclone with Joker, and raise you with a Joker attacking in a Cyclone
ImageImage
MagnaRyu
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Ryuki,Blade,Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Ryukendo,KS7
Favorite Actor?: Matsuda Satoshi
Favorite Band: AnCafe,Gackt,ViDoll
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: All Things Japanese
Quote: Check out my prop making skills at: http://forum.indymogul.com/showthread.php?t=30986

Post by MagnaRyu »

With all this talk of The Long Goodbye makes me want to go find my copy of the book and read it again.
I'm A Gackt Fan And I'm Male. Got A Problem With That?

Check out my prop making skills at: http://forum.indymogul.com/showthread.php?t=30986
I am the new #2
I am the new #2

Post by 20214 »

first of all, thanks tv-n for continuing subbing kamen rider series!

amazing ,amazing first episode! the characters are well introduced in record time, unlike other series and the back story did not drag out for the first few minutes... maybe will learn more from them through the course of the series! henshin sequence looks too long really, buyt maybe since its the first time we've seen it all the effects are there. they will soon find a way to henshin at once. everything was said already just one minor thing i've noticed: lol at the building in the first scene! a helicopter exploded on its side but still remains unscratched! hehehe

looking forward every week for this series! :mrgreen:
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

> Uhm, he's a detective that investigates Dopants. I doubt they'll lose the detective bits to hunt for Dopants. I mean, as I can tell, the episode forumula is them finding out whether a Dopant is involved, and who the Dopant is, before they locate and fight him.

That is not what th show depicted. Marina asked him to find her boyfriend. He didn't know there was a dopant involved, so I guess he is just a normal detective. And as I said, it would be too forceful if all cases were related somehow with dopants. Of course, they should have a BIG case investigating the dopants themselves in the background.
TurtleFu
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Favorite Actor?: Murai Ryouta
Favorite Band: Morning Musume.
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Tokusatsu!

Post by TurtleFu »

I will be really upset if the new girl ends up being as annoying as Shizuka and Hana were (Natsumi was cool though)
By the looks of this first episode, she seems to be.

Luna for is weird. It's like Mr. Fantastic (of Fantastic Four)

I like the finisher though. It was really cool.

I like Renn's acting, but the Phillip guy is a little...off? I dunno. Maybe he's supposed to be that way.

The Dopant at the end (dinosaur head?) was strange, and the rubber costume/CGI was so obvious it hurt.

Overall, great episode though.
harpdevil
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W / GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger

Post by harpdevil »

I should have also mentioned how supremely kick-ass the intro is, i love it!
The animated (?) bit also reminds me of the disney Dick Tracy movie.
Image Demon beasts called Horrors live in the darkness. This is a story of a Makai Knight who cuts down the Horrors. You better not look away.
ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM
Faiz
Favorite series: Garo/Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Kabuto/Blade
Dreamy: Takanashi Rin
Favorite Band: Too many to list
My boom: Gundam
Quote: We're not tools of the government or anyone elses. Fighting was the only thing i was good at, but at least i fought for what i believed in.-Gray Fox

Post by ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM »

TurtleFu wrote:I will be really upset if the new girl ends up being as annoying as Shizuka and Hana were (Natsumi was cool though)
By the looks of this first episode, she seems to be.

Luna for is weird. It's like Mr. Fantastic (of Fantastic Four)

I like the finisher though. It was really cool.
Luna is probably like that as a reference to how the tides are when a moon is out or something along those lines.

As for Akiko, she doesnt know much about Futo, so i wouldnt be surprised if she becomes annoying as Shizuka, hopefully that isnt the case tho.
We Begin The Armed Intervention with Gundam
AmienZero
NagoSan
Favorite Actor?: Sean Connery
Favorite Band: Instrumental Music
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: SILENCE! I KEEL YOU!

Post by AmienZero »

i like Akiko. unlike Shizuka which i had to take some time to accept her in Kiva.

during the scene when Saeko uses her GaiaMemory, i had this picture in my head.

"Dad, actually i...... *henshin* *CYCLONE JOKER* .....found someone i want to marry." :p
"Untouchable Spirit! Rin-Jyu T-Rex-ken!"

SILENCE! I KEEL YOU! *evil stare*
xbiBox
Adventure
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger

Post by xbiBox »

I loved W!! I was just kinda disappointed that they didn't have to be in close proximity to henshin. I was excited about the notion of them not being able to henshin individually because then it'd make for more compelling conflicts, with either one having to find ways to escape and such, instead of just KAIJIN*HENSHIN*

The transforming apart could've been a power they get mid-way into the series. Owell.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Hold me Bat Boy, touch me Bat Boy, help me through the night...
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

m4rc0 wrote:That is not what th show depicted. Marina asked him to find her boyfriend. He didn't know there was a dopant involved, so I guess he is just a normal detective. And as I said, it would be too forceful if all cases were related somehow with dopants. Of course, they should have a BIG case investigating the dopants themselves in the background.
The Dopant case and the missing boyfriend case were two separate cases, who happened to be related by coincidence. If you recall correctly, he also started on the Dopant case after stuff blew up and he met with the police detective. He found out after talking to the detective that the two cases were related.

Return to “Kamen Rider W”