Forum rules
Wiki Link
TandooriJones
Gao
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: GameCenter CX

To be HD or Not to be HD

Post by TandooriJones »

Awesome, I remember watching this in HK subs right before Decade, nice that I'll finally be able to fully understand what's going on. Will this get a HD release?

Spoiler
zheyao
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Hibiki
My boom: One Piece

Re: Kamen Rider Kuuga 01-02 DC Released

Post by zheyao »

^It wasn't filmed in HD, so I'm guessing... no.

So far, I can say that the promo was intense.
TandooriJones
Gao
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: GameCenter CX

Post by TandooriJones »

zheyao wrote:^It wasn't filmed in HD, so I'm guessing... no.

Oh, durrr. Of course. Sorry about that.
ZERO_ninja
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by ZERO_ninja »

Kuuga was filmed and aired in HD, but there are no BluRay releases. So best TV-Nihon or anyone can work with at the moment are DVD RAWs.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kamen Rider Kuuga 01-02 DC Released

Post by takenoko »

ZERO_ninja wrote:Kuuga was filmed and aired in HD, but there are no BluRay releases. So best TV-Nihon or anyone can work with at the moment are DVD RAWs.
Huh, I didn't know that. Well, I don't have any HD raws, so enjoy these DVD releases instead
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

ZERO_ninja wrote:

Kuuga was filmed and aired in HD, but there are no BluRay releases. So best TV-Nihon or anyone can work with at the moment are DVD RAWs.
What's the source of your information? I do know the technology was possible back then but I doubt they would have the money to film it in HD back then along with the base of people who could view it in HD. It seems very unlikely that they would do this back in the day especially in a kids morning time slot.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Like I told you last night, we're talking about the reairings being in HD. Not the original airings. Hibiki wasn't originally aired in HD, but it's the currently being aired HD Kamen Rider right now
Skiks
Faiz

Post by Skiks »

Phoenix512 wrote:
What's the source of your information? I do know the technology was possible back then but I doubt they would have the money to film it in HD back then along with the base of people who could view it in HD. It seems very unlikely that they would do this back in the day especially in a kids morning time slot.
Heres the thing. Film is always in "HD" we just never had the technology to bring it out until now. All film films in resolutions higher then we have even now. Home copies are just not able to handle it.
It's not a matter of affording HD in films but a matter of being able to produce it in HD at the time. Does that make sense?
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

Skiks wrote:Heres the thing. Film is always in "HD" we just never had the technology to bring it out until now. All film films in resolutions higher then we have even now. Home copies are just not able to handle it.
It's not a matter of affording HD in films but a matter of being able to produce it in HD at the time. Does that make sense?
O.o

HD is digital
Film is analogue

it would have been filmed on 35mm film, which is not HD in anyway

It has recently been Digitally Remastered to be broadcast in HD, this does not mean that it was filmed in HD
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
Skiks
Faiz

Post by Skiks »

Azazel wrote:
O.o

HD is digital
Film is analogue

It has recently been Digitally Remastered to be broadcast in HD, this does not mean that it was filmed in HD
I'm not saying it's litterally filmed in HD hence the "". I'm saying film as a resolution is already in "HD" format. It's just a matter of making it show up.
HD isn't a magically thing that makes things that aren't around suddenly show up. It's just a format used to bring out the most we can in films. But we still haven't even touched the tip of the iceberg when it comes to this. If it's possible to bring out in HD it means the resolution was already around. Unless HD Kuuga is something that's just pushed in a bigger resolution and doesn't improve the quality at all. I might be wrong but I assume in terms of resolution you can push it into HD level. Not that the film would be able to do things like Dark Knight Imax moments or anything.
lostinbrave
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by lostinbrave »

Azazel wrote:O.o

HD is digital
Film is analogue

HD refers to the resolution, not the source:
High-definition video or HD video refers to any video system of higher resolution than standard-definition (SD) video, and most commonly involves display resolutions of 1280×720 pixels (720p) or 1920×1080 pixels (1080i/1080p).
ImageImage
ZERO_ninja
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by ZERO_ninja »

Azazel wrote:
Skiks wrote:Heres the thing. Film is always in "HD" we just never had the technology to bring it out until now. All film films in resolutions higher then we have even now. Home copies are just not able to handle it.
O.o

HD is digital
Film is analogue

They have been using HD cameras for all of the Kamen Riders since Kuuga, if you look in the credits you will see who is credited as the HD cameraman and HD camera support. So they have a HD master source which means any future BluRay release or HD airings would not be upscales.
Last edited by ZERO_ninja on Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Re: To be HD or Not to be HD

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, I can confirm that there is a credit for a HD camera crew
NMuench
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Dreamy: Mio, Hiyori
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Japan Toku

Re: Kamen Rider cool guy 01-02 DC Released

Post by NMuench »

I didn't like it, it's not my cup of tea. Agito isn't either right now, but I'll reserve until I actually see an ep.
ZERO_ninja wrote:cool guy was filmed and aired in HD, but there are no BluRay releases. So best TV-Nihon or anyone can work with at the moment are DVD RAWs.
Cool Guy wasn't the first Heisei series to air in HD, Kabuto was. I also doubt that Cool Guy wasn't the first Heisei series to film in HD was, like before, Kabuto probably. However, Cool Guy was the first KR series to film & air in w i d e s c r e e n.
Wikipedia wrote:Kamen Rider Kabuto is the first Kamen Rider Series to be broadcast in high-definition format.
Just Saying.
Watching: Double, Goseiger, UltraSeven X, DaiRanger
On Deck: OOO, TimeRanger, ZyuRanger, Agito
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Kamen Rider cool guy 01-02 DC Released

Post by Lunagel »

And Wikipedia is of course, known for its accuracy and its slew of professionals working on entries that are in no way biased or occasionally messed with by bored college students, unlike that hack site Encyclopedia Britannica.

Source please.

Return to “Kamen Rider Kuuga”