Kachou on!
Forum rules
Wiki Link
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

GameCenterCX 07 Released

Post by Phoenix512 »

Arino vs the SNES version of Prince of Persia while interviewing one of the important people of the Castlevania series.
drag-5
Go Go!

Re: GameCenterCX 07 Released

Post by drag-5 »

wow! this is good indeed!
I thought this series had finished already.
a pleasant surprise :D
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Just because we didn't release an episode for a few months? Maybe you should read the first thread in this forum. A show's not canceled or on hold until we say it is. We do have a good reputation of sticking things out to the end
Sonicrain
7X
Dreamy: Lee Hyori
Favorite Actor?: Arnold!
Favorite Band: Strung Out
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Post by Sonicrain »

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSs

*bows down and pray*

thank you so much for this. Been waiting for one for so long! CANT WAIT!

thanks guys, keep up the good work!
drag-5
Go Go!

Post by drag-5 »

takenoko wrote:Just because we didn't release an episode for a few months? Maybe you should read the first thread in this forum. A show's not canceled or on hold until we say it is. We do have a good reputation of sticking things out to the end
I don't doubt it.
i didn't think you'd cancelled anything, I said I thought it had finished. as in, that was all they had aired. ;)

I said it was a pleasant surprise. that's a positive comment.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Watching this episode made me actually play some Prince of Persia. I think there's some freeware versions. It was as fun as it appeared in the show. Definitely hard, but satisfying I guess?

I also watched Psychedelic Eyeball's Let's plays of Prince of Persia Let's Plays
http://www.letsplayarchive.com/

I also liked Igarashi's interview, even though I haven't played any of the newer Castlevania games. He seems like an interesting dude, plus I needed to know how to spell that surname in a translation that I was working on that week, so that was helpful too

I was really surprised by the ending of this episode. I just didn't see it coming
zheyao
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Hibiki
My boom: One Piece

Post by zheyao »

drag-5 wrote:I don't doubt it.
i didn't think you'd cancelled anything, I said I thought it had finished. as in, that was all they had aired. ;)
FYI, GameCenter CX is on its 12th season with around 92 episodes, so there are plenty of episodes left.

I remember playing Prince of Persia on the computer. Never really tried out the Castlevania series though, maybe I should give it a try.

Fun episode. Poor Arino. He seems overworked sometimes, especially when playing games like this.
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

I can see many controllers being thrown at tv's for the game. Poor Arino being made to play another difficult game after he just finished Solomon's Key and over New Year's break no less.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
Nova
7X

Post by Nova »

Yeah! A new ep of GC CX, i really love the show.
Thanks for your great work on subbing TVN :)

Arino playing prince of persia. Interesting... gotta see that! :D
drag-5
Go Go!

Post by drag-5 »

zheyao wrote: FYI, GameCenter CX is on its 12th season with around 92 episodes, so there are plenty of episodes left.
oh wow! awesome, in that case, excellent choice tvn because not only is this a great show, there is plenty :D

TVN HELPS MAKE HAPPY !!
Mister Chief NZ
Adventure

Post by Mister Chief NZ »

Thanks again guys.

I liked the prince of persia remake on xbox live aracde.

Anyone else play that version?
Sho-saka
NagoSan
Favorite series: Zero Punctuation
Dreamy: You tell me...
Favorite Actor?: Sato Takeru-san
Favorite Band: Erm...any?
My boom: Away with the faerys

Post by Sho-saka »

Not really. Haven't got an Xbox 360 (though my older sister's boyfriend's got one), but I did play Sands of Time (great game, no really) and the 2008 version (please don't hate me ^^; ) a couple of times.

Yes, I can't wait to watch this episode, as soon as that stupid torrent has finished downloading. >_<; It's one of the few game series that I like.

And if you enjoyed the original (yes, I know it's not developed by the same team XP and yes, I know Jordan Mechner was the person responsible for creating this game in the first place), as well as the Sands of Time trilogy and the recent 2008 version, you should give Assassin's Creed (by the same team, i.e. Ubisoft Montreal) a go, even though the game does have its flaws and the upcoming sequel, which fixes the flaws' problems and now set in Renaissance-era Italy. It has similar gameplay mechanics, though the locations and settings are entirely different.

*Must...stop...drooling...Ezio...Leonardo da Vinci...*

EDIT: Finished watching this episode and...Arino! You can do it! I've never been gripped this before, especially it's a game series that I've played before. So much tension and excitement! Now, I'm going to watch the next episode to see if Ari-kachou can make it to the ending, before time runs out.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Eh, zheyao, you didn't need to tell drag-5 that. Considering we've released episodes 21 and 45, there's really no way he couldn't have known there were more episodes.
oddjob
Humongous
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Ultraman Nexus
Quote: "Giving up" is what kills people.

It is only when a person refuses to give up no matter what that they earn the right of walking down humanity's noble pathway.

Post by oddjob »

Thank you, TN staff, for bringing this excellent show to us!

Thank yo MrMan99, PHurricane, Deka Hero, AdamH, takenoko, KR Gumo and Lunagel for working on this release on your free time, thus making a lot of people happy! :mrgreen:
drag-5
Go Go!

Post by drag-5 »

takenoko wrote:Eh, zheyao, you didn't need to tell drag-5 that. Considering we've released episodes 21 and 45, there's really no way he couldn't have known there were more episodes.
oh, that's pretty interesting.
I did wonder what the numbers meant on those ones.
I assumed that it was something like the promotional ultraman video "ultraman 28" and I'm not too clear on ultraseven, I see many numbers so i assumed it was something like that, ultraseven 45, ultra 86, or ultra X 32, or something... :lol:
I hadn't watched them yet, I have them stored and i was going to watch north trip before i put those ones on.

you might have guessed i'm not particularly well read on series' and releases etc.

Return to “GameCenter CX”