DaiRanger 01 released

As promised, we would restart this show when the DVDs are out. Well, they're out now
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< ZyuRanger | DaiRanger | MegaRanger >
evel333
7X
Favorite series: Dairanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Type: INTP Architect

Re: DaiRanger 01 released

Post by evel333 »

I have waited years to see my all-time favorite series again with clear picture and proper subbing. Used to rent the VHS collections from my local Japanese video shop back in the day. Thought my crappy VCD set would be the best I'll ever have. This show turned me on to sentai and away from anything American forever. Thank you so much, TV Nihon!
harpdevil
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W / GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger

Post by harpdevil »

I do enjoy it when beast mecha have a cool summoning technique. More glowing swords and dagger flutes, please!
Image Demon beasts called Horrors live in the darkness. This is a story of a Makai Knight who cuts down the Horrors. You better not look away.
perdomot
Adventure

Post by perdomot »

Curious if anyone knows the name of the song the yo-yo boy sings and if its available. Sounds really pretty.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Surprisingly, it's actually a real song. I thought they made it up until I googled the lyrics. It's called "Junrenka" by Nagabuchi Tsuyoshi, released first in 1978. There's a youtube video of the song here.
perdomot
Adventure

Post by perdomot »

Thanks Lunagel, its a really nice song. I've been paying more attention to the music in the sentai shows ever since the Go-Onger episode where Go-On Gold sings that lovely ballad. Still haven't found the complete song but do listen to the episode so I can enjoy the part sung there. Thanks again.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

That song's called "Miss You" and it was written and released by Hiroto's actor. The full version is on the Engine Sentai Go-Onger Special Rap CD.
perdomot
Adventure

Post by perdomot »

Thanks again. Found it.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

It was funny how two of the Gouma commanders make their entrance in a normal car. Don't any of the people on the street find it strange to see people driving around town wearing fetish gear? Now that I think about it, Japan is the home of weird characters such as Hard Gay.
大変身
Save the life
Favorite Actor?: Nobuyuki Hiyama

Post by 大変身 »

^ the simple answer to your question is "Only in Japan"
Twitter
iamawesome.com
perdomot
Adventure

Post by perdomot »

Love your avatar! Never see that on american tv.
gridman
It's not even funny
It's not even funny
2nd Favorite Series: Jetman

Post by gridman »

[quote="DrakosAmatras"]Many thanks to the T-N crew. I've been wanting to try a retro SS series and see how it's different from the recent ones. If you don't mind me asking, though: Why DaiRanger? Is there anything special which makes it stand out among the older series?

I can't say why they picked Dairanger, but as someone who was an avid Sentai watcher up until Carranger, which basically killed it for me, Dairanger (and following closely Jetman) really stand head and shoulders over most of the other Sentai. Why do I think that? Hmm, good question. Guess it's a matter of personal taste. Dairanger was serious... dark - really dark - at times. (Although, once I know for sure what they're saying, I might change my mind.) It's just modern enough not to be totally stilted like Battle Fever J or the other older ones, and not new enough to have been joked-up and dumbed-down like some of the later ones.

Spoiler
Don't talk about future episodes - Phoenix512
gekisou
Favorite series: Yuushya Oh Gaogaigar
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kuuga
Dreamy: Luka Milfey
Favorite Actor?: Kimura Takuya
Favorite Band: SMAP
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Onion Rings
Quote: I don't break rules. I bend 'em... a lot!

Post by gekisou »

You're not a Carranger fan?

Actually, Ohranger killed Sentai for me. And then Carranger (which was right after that) brought me back with its parody of Sentai in a Sentai. It still is in my top 10 fave Sentai series ever.
俺のこの手が光って唸る。お前を倒せと輝き叫ぶ。 シャイニング・フィンガー!!!
gridman
It's not even funny
It's not even funny
2nd Favorite Series: Jetman

Post by gridman »

gekisou wrote:You're not a Carranger fan?

Actually, Ohranger killed Sentai for me. And then Carranger (which was right after that) brought me back with its parody of Sentai in a Sentai. It still is in my top 10 fave Sentai series ever.

To be fair, I did give up during OhRanger, but then I came back for Carranger and couldn't take more than the first couple episodes. Perhaps I should have been more forgiving and stuck it out a while longer, but it was also getting more difficult to get tapes at the time.
Naotomikan
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade
Dreamy: Hana
Favorite Actor?: Joe Odagiri
Favorite Band: Girl Next Door
Quote: i am an otaku and tokusatsu fans ...

Post by Naotomikan »

Yey .. i like this .. :D
Raida|23
Crossing a Millennium
Favorite series: too much to list

Post by Raida|23 »

Just started re-watchin this in DVD quality, since there's this option now. I was wonderin...you spelt the baddies as Gouma, but I've seen also callin them Gorma. I understand your version is correct, since ゴーマ = Gooma, but then from where Gorma comes from? Just curious.

Return to “Sentai-Gosei Sentai DaiRanger”