W 16 released (No HD yet)

Double your pleasure, double your fun. Spearmint gum.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

W 16 released (No HD yet)

Post by Phoenix512 »

Philip has to save Akito and Shoutarou from the Arms Dopant while escaping from Sakeo. It looks like he will need some help after all.

Spoiler
It makes sense that the Double Driver would work the other way as well with Philip's body being the one that transforms while Shoutarou's body is knocked out. Fang is pretty neat with the blades growing at various parts of the body along with the dinosaur head shaped in placed in the Double Driver itself. Kirihiko has redeemed himself in Saeko's eyes with that rescue along with W itself regaining its rep as a hero when saving that child.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: W 16 released

Post by takenoko »

I like the Fang gadget/Memory hybrid. It's an interesting way of making use of the left-right differences

Also, looks like Philip can transform too, but his body is too weak to last very long
lonegamer7
Save the life
Favorite series: Transformers
2nd Favorite Series: Mythbusters

Re: W 16 released

Post by lonegamer7 »

I like this ep on showing a bit of growth on Philip and the oh-so-cute-but-DANG-STRONG-and-DANGEROUS Fang Memory
Spoiler
(come on - it can TRANSFORM)

And cue up the "I KNEW IT!!!"s from those that have been pondering since the episodes involving the Money Dopant...
ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM
Faiz
Favorite series: Garo/Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Kabuto/Blade
Dreamy: Takanashi Rin
Favorite Band: Too many to list
My boom: Gundam
Quote: We're not tools of the government or anyone elses. Fighting was the only thing i was good at, but at least i fought for what i believed in.-Gray Fox

Re: W 16 released (No HD yet)

Post by ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM »

The minute i saw Fang Joker, i thought "holy shit, its Abarekiller!!" lols. This situation is also kinda similar to Kuuga a bit but not as severe as Shoutaro is there to help Phillip come back to his senses.

Spoiler
Im guessing this isn't his true final form tho (and given the fact that they had this since the beginning for the most part but of course we gotta wait for the movie for more), wonder if there'll be a hybrid memory on Shoutaro's side of the driver.

So now that they know who Taboo is in human form....guess they'll dig deeper from now on while doing other requests....
We Begin The Armed Intervention with Gundam
garfield15
Save the life
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Saki-chan
Favorite Band: FLOW
My boom: Nintendo Wii

Post by garfield15 »

I'll say more about the episode later, but...
Spoiler
So that's where Kabuto Zecter went... :wink:
------------------
Thank you TV-Nihon for the release

(This way I don't have to write it every time and I'm still showing appreciation!")
TokuTaku
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by TokuTaku »

It was pretty obvious since the money episode...

Spoiler
Yeah, he missed the Gatack zecter that Shoutaro somehow stole.
vakamahorika
Gao
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Dreamy: Rin Asuka
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Post by vakamahorika »

i dont get it.
Spoiler
what zecters? whats obvious? i dont see any zecters.
garfield15
Save the life

Post by garfield15 »

vakamahorika wrote:i dont get it.
Spoiler
what zecters? whats obvious? i dont see any zecters.
The Stag phone resembles Gatack Zecter and the flying Beetle Gadget that we see at the end of the episode resembles Kabuto Zecter (i mean, with a different color scheme and all)
------------------

(This way I don't have to write it every time and I'm still showing appreciation!")
Anime_freek22
Train man
Favorite series: GARO/Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Fuuma no Kojirou
Favorite Band: UVERworld
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: well dressed pickles
Quote: "You were right all along Finn. Now I'm going to cut out Bubblegum's heart, and make out with it."

Post by Anime_freek22 »

I like how they stain the rope with blood. WAAOW!!! ZECTERS!!

Edit: Isn't it more Fang Strider?
I lost The Game!
Silent_X
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Silent_X »

Fang Joker? more like [insert Abaranger joke here]!

Pretty awesome design. Although, the fact that Raito has one more memory than Hidari bothers me.
The Joker side also transforming somewhat makes up for that though.
I may be lying
Disclaimer: I do not endorse HeadOn; it is barely anything more than a stick of wax. I am simply using it as a Transformers joke.
CrimsonJoker
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Decade
Dreamy: Natsumikan
Favorite Actor?: David Tennant
Favorite Band: Gackt
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Doctor Who

Post by CrimsonJoker »

I think that this will be the only other memory he gets. Double's theme is Mix-and-match, so it would make more sense this way.
Image Image
Image Image
garfield15
Save the life

Post by garfield15 »

In b4 TATSUMAKI SENPUU KYAKU! :P

-As someone said earlier, I couldn't help but think this was like AbaRed vs. AbareKiller. Arms Dopant is even the right color too.

-Fang memory is actually kind of adorable. When it roars, it sounds like it's saying "Philip! Philip!"

-The burning bookshelves scene is probably on my list on one of the most well-directed moments I've ever seen in Kamen Rider. Hell, maybe in toku altogether. I notice whenever something is on real fire in toku, it's automatically awesome (for example, GoseiGreat's finisher)

-I'm hearing Fang Strizer too but everywhere seems to say Fang Strider (probably because Strizer isn't a word) Lol'ed at realizing, it's like he's doing a ONE TWO THREE...RIDER KICK Gatack style

-Seiji is such a great suit actor when Metal side is raising his fist and Heat side kept putting it down. It makes it very believable that he's really two people in one body.

-Fat Philip= :lol:
------------------

Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

Fang-Joker has sort of a reverse Ying-Yang quality to it with the Fang part being more chaotic and Joker acting as a balance to it. Also it's interesting that Fang in memory mode need to be primed for attacks & finishers, I wonder if it was an early prototype Gaia Memory that was repurposed to protect Philip?
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

To be honest, I found this episode to be a little bit of a let down. I mean, the preview for it was longer then usual, but all got resolved nice and cleanly in the end. And lets face it, somehow, the weaknesses of Fang Joker will be written out eventually.

Although, I like Shotarou coming up with the finisher move.
touma_karamochi
Gao
Favorite series: KR W, BouKenger
2nd Favorite Series: KR Den-O, Go-Onger
Dreamy: Eiji, Gunpei
Favorite Actor?: Deai Masayuki ^_^
Favorite Band: eroica, more
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Phillip, Genta

Post by touma_karamochi »

Heh, so I'm not the only one who got the apparent Abare-references(esp FangJoker looking like AbareKiller) ^_^.

I really liked this episode, the whole arc was done really well so that Phillip dosn't just stay in the Room but has to actually get out and save himself as well as Shotaoru and Akiko. I also liked that the Belt goes both ways and that Phillip can summon it as well with Shou going into Phillip's left side. OMG the burning Library scene was one of the best I've seen already, Phillip was counting on Shou to come and bring him out of the Berserk-mode. Well worth the two week wait though I've been going *__* 'wanna see!' and all.

I hope they do more with the Fang Memory, though not just 'oh we solved the issue in one ep with no more side-effects' thing like what usually happens on some shows. That and the new beetle one we saw flying around, though for some reason I have to say I actually thought 'Tatsulot??' when I saw it flying around. ^_^

I have to say I also liked Kirihiko redeeming himself and telling Saeko he'd been training for her. As much as they are the villains apparently in this, I have to say I do like the Sonozaki family as characters and that we're seeing more depth to them as much as we see character growth in Shou, Phillip and even Akiko.
Thanks to ShinmeiSuzaku :)

Return to “Kamen Rider W”