Wiki Link

< Go-Onger | Shinkenger | Goseiger >
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Re: Shinkenger 45 released

Post by Arigomi »

Doukoku is starting to feel like an afterthought.

I don't know why, but the pacing for this episode felt incredibly sluggish to me.

Somewhere during the episode I began to disconnect from most of the characters. From an intellectual standpoint, I could understand the revelations. From an emotional standpoint, I didn't really care. Genta seemed to be the only one that caught my genuine interest due to his spontaneous nature.

I was disappointed with Kaoru. She is nothing like I would imagine a princess to be. She doesn't project a regal presence or an aura of grace. I wish her lines during the battle didn't sound so half-boiled half-hearted.

I'm surprised that nobody mentioned how Kaoru shot at the mob of Nanashi Renjyuu while the other Shinkengers were still fighting them. Kaoru's attack erupted in a fireball that the other Shinkengers had to charge through. :shock: That is not a good way to build trust with your retainers.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Battra wrote:I wonder if the previous member's actually knew about the Kagemusha? If they did that's one hell of a secret to be keeping especially from your own kids.
I don't think they did or otherwise the plan wouldn't have work as well it did. This type of plan is something that the fewer people who know of it, the better. Having the other retainers know and deceiving their kids about the truth is something that would extremely uncomfortable. In order to deceive the enemy, you must deceive your allies first which the Shiba clan did to perfection.
Arigomi wrote:I'm surprised that nobody mentioned how Kaoru shot at the mob of Nanashi Renjyuu while the other Shinkengers were still fighting them. Kaoru's attack erupted in a fireball that the other Shinkengers had to charge through. :shock: That is not a good way to build trust with your retainers.
I remember thinking the exact same thing but for some reason didn't mention it earlier.
Jyazen
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com

Post by Jyazen »

Awesome plot twist! Though I had my suspicions since last episode and its episode preview, the revelation still came as a shock, especially with the emotions shown by Takeru's retainers... well, ex-retainers. It was truly an emotional episode. Can't wait to see what comes next, though I have to admit I'm more interested in what's going to happen to Takeru (and Genta) rather than Kaoru and the main team right now.
Arigomi wrote:Doukoku is starting to feel like an afterthought.
Doukoku is starting to remind me of Gajah of Boukenger. Main villain of the show and most likely the final 'boss', so to speak, but has nothing big to do with the storytelling as a whole.
Anime_freek22
Train man
Favorite series: GARO/Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Fuuma no Kojirou
Favorite Band: UVERworld
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: well dressed pickles
Quote: "You were right all along Finn. Now I'm going to cut out Bubblegum's heart, and make out with it."

Post by Anime_freek22 »

Kogashi wrote:
Tuss4 wrote:It almost seemed like Takeru was going to fall to gedou or something. Did anyone else get that vibe?
Oh become the leader for the Sentai Hell Brothers XP
I get a Sasuke vibe from him. That he's gonna fight Gedou, but in a berserk rage for revenge or something like that. Or Toei may pull a Dragon Knight and have Takeru use villainous things as weapons, but still be essentially good. Either way, I feel a crackle running down my spine thinking about the next episodes.
I lost The Game!
Wild Goose

Post by Wild Goose »

We'll have to see how things go, [snip]

dont talk about that

Azazel
Anime_freek22
Train man
Favorite series: GARO/Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Fuuma no Kojirou
Favorite Band: UVERworld
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: well dressed pickles
Quote: "You were right all along Finn. Now I'm going to cut out Bubblegum's heart, and make out with it."

Post by Anime_freek22 »

I'd edit that.
I lost The Game!
TG23
Gabu
Dreamy: Hell Wolf-kun
My boom: Killing You Guys

Post by TG23 »

Man, they definitely aren't holding back on making you want to hate Tanba. But Kaoru is an interesting character. She definitely has the same air as the old Takeru. I like the "caged bird" idea of both Kaoru and Takeru. And their awareness of knowing when their Jii's were overdoing it or too bias and blinded about things and helping reel them back and keep them grounded.

I agree with everyone else; her use of the Rekka Daizantou was a nice touch and honestly I didn't think too much of how she fired at the others. The way the shot was setup and their reaction didn't seem to make it look like she completely disregarded their safety as opposed to she has so much control and power, it wasn't even an issue if they were there or not. And I don't know about you guys, but definitely got a bit of a vibe of some Kotoha x Takeru shipping going on. Definitely some great acting all around.

But I'm kind of curious if Japanese viewers were as surprised about this as we were? They definitely have a higher saturation of Samurai shows, manga, stories etc. so I'm sure one of them has used the kagemusha. For us it wasn't even on are radar for the series but I'm sure fans over there had theories of it. Speaking of theories, I remember one way back in older episodes threads about who Takeru's father really was. Definitely seems that theory is pretty close to the truth. Gah! Never been so impatient for a episode before! Working up to be one of the best endings for the Sentai series.
OMAETACHI, KOROCHU!
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

TG23 wrote:But I'm kind of curious if Japanese viewers were as surprised about this as we were? They definitely have a higher saturation of Samurai shows, manga, stories etc. so I'm sure one of them has used the kagemusha.
Did you read the TL note during the episode title sequence?
Bauffie
Save the life
Dreamy: Nakatsu Shuichi
Favorite Actor?: Matsuyama Kenichi
Favorite Band: Gazette
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Hayami's trendy hat

Post by Bauffie »

Eh.

Sure, I guess we have to feel bad for Takeru and for the team as well, but... I felt bad for Kaoru as well. I can understand the tension at the mansion scene, but at the end of the battle scene, it was kind of awkward for everyone to think "No, I can't fight with the princess". From my non-samurai way of seeing it, it's like a group of kids telling the new kid "no you can't be our friend". Kaoru isn't bad; she didn't abuse anyone, she's just the real leader. Stop blaming genetics. She also kept telling Tanba to shut up, proving that she has common sense.

I see a difference between "I can't serve under her" and "I can't fight with her"... but I guess for samurai, it's the same no matter what situation you're in? I thought that the most important point was to fight the gedoushu and to protect the civilians. Relational conflicts come after...

Aaanyways. Over-thinking it. Oh, and Kaoru with the Rekka Daizantou was hot. It just looks so heavy, man.

And Matsukaze Masaya. <333333 One of my favorite voice actors. *3*
TG23
Gabu
Dreamy: Hell Wolf-kun
My boom: Killing You Guys

Post by TG23 »

Phoenix512 wrote:
TG23 wrote:But I'm kind of curious if Japanese viewers were as surprised about this as we were? They definitely have a higher saturation of Samurai shows, manga, stories etc. so I'm sure one of them has used the kagemusha.
Did you read the TL note during the episode title sequence?
That wasn't what I was asking. What I was curious about if it was as big of a wow factor to native viewers where they have a higher saturation of samurai themed media, historical following and fandom as opposed to non-natives. But I guess I wasn't thinking when I wrote "so I'm sure one of them has used the kagemusha." and should have said "I'm sure they've seen the kagemusha used before." which is clearer to what I was trying to say.
OMAETACHI, KOROCHU!
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

Shinkenger was awsome until ep 25. Back then I was thinking that it would be better than Boukenger (that I consider to be the best of the newer Sentai). Then we had abou 14 episodes of mediocre fillers. Then the story started to advance again, but everything was going according to what was expected, and I thought that Shinkenger would be a good show, but not an awesome show. And then they throw this whole Kagemusha stuff at our faces and say: Shinkenger is awesome, you bastards.

Now we know why Takeru was the only one that could use two different elements. I think his true nature is lightning.

Kaoru's Jii is a despicable character, but he was written like that. He works. Kaoru seems to be a nice girl overall. She always said her Jii to shut up when he was talking too much, and she was very serious about her job. As a samurai she didn't feel confortable with the kagemusha tactic. She seems to undersand the reactions of the other shinkengers. She is also a capable fighter, but I don't think she is as strong as Takeru. Kicking the Rekka Daizantou was kinda cute. The whole small girl with big sword has a certain appeal...

Takeru seems to be lost. His only goal in life was acting like the lord. Now that he lost that he says that he saw nothing in his reflection. He will fight Juuzo because that is what he thinks is left, his fighting skills and his rivalry with Juuzo. Its obvious that his friends (and maybe kaoru too) will show up and show him that Takeru is takeru and that they like him because of who he is, not because of what he was.

The team's reaction was natural. They were friends. They swore loyalty to Takeru. Even though she si the real head they can't just accept that right away. But as samurai they did their duty and fought. Shame on you, genta. Such an egoistical reaction. Hey, I'll let innocent people suffer because my friend isn't the lord...

Looking forward to the conclusion, though I fear it'll be too rushed. And I hope they don't kill kaoru or make her incapable of fighting. I'd like to see her fighting side by side with Takeru.
Twilight_Bard
That's so ridiculous
That's so ridiculous

Post by Twilight_Bard »

m4rc0 wrote:Shame on you, genta. Such an egoistical reaction. Hey, I'll let innocent people suffer because my friend isn't the lord...
Genta used his 'I'm not a samurai' thing more as a demonstration of why he didn't have to simply accept what had happened as easily as the Shinkengers were forced to.
Tanba wrote:I heard you were a Sushi Seller. This is no place for someone of your class
These words combined with Tanba's attitude sorta gave me the impression that Genta wasn't welcome by the true Head of the Shiba Clan, not that Genta had made a choice of his friend over the rest of the world. His reaction after was pretty bad, but I'm not sure how much I can fault him for being angry.
Sloth MD
Douza Uru Zazaado
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Sloth MD »

This is just like the Fight Club plot twist.

.....Not in terms of how similar the twists are, but rather by the fact that you can watch the series and enjoy it without knowing about the plot twist... then after you know the plot twist, you can give the series another watch and pick up every subtle clue to the twist.
Tuss4
Train man
Favorite series: Faiz
Dreamy: Ayame Misaki
Favorite Actor?: Myself
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Tuss4 »

Genta becoming a shinkenger was the result of a promise between him and Takeru. If Takeru is not there, why should Genta be. Also M4rc0 you are forgetting about the inromaru that Genta helped to build. Not to mention, oh I dunno, ALL THE ORIGAMI HE BUILT? Let's not forget that Genta was the one who built most of the super gattai discs.

ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM
Faiz
Favorite series: Garo/Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Kabuto/Blade
Dreamy: Takanashi Rin
Favorite Band: Too many to list
My boom: Gundam
Quote: We're not tools of the government or anyone elses. Fighting was the only thing i was good at, but at least i fought for what i believed in.-Gray Fox

Post by ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM »

wow where to begin....

The OP credit list change for Genta and Takeru was pretty surprising. Pretty sure it'll be back before the end :cry:

Kaoru doesn't seem to be an ass really, she knew she was gonna screw up the kagemusha plan but it was her decision to do so. Seem's like she knows they can't accept her since they experienced more hardships with Takeru since day 1, but in the end she doesn't seem to care cause they have to do their job still regardless. Tanba is just an ass tho, and pretty annoying whenever he had to say something (if i were Genta i woulda socked him one for talking shit about sushi!!!) so it was nice of her to actually tell him to shut up for a change.

And i really lol'd when Daigoyou came in and shot random disc's everywhere and tried to hit Tanba. Especially when Genta was like "hit the bossy guy overthere".

Its just really a feeling of emptyness for Ryuunosuke and co. right now, Chiaki especially since now his dream of surpassing Takeru is just crumbled.

Sad that Takeru had his arsenal mugged even tho its not his in the first place. Least they forgot something :lol:

Overall.....im gonna cry soon when this is all over....never been this hooked on sentai since....Deka and Geki :cry: its that good and epic.
We Begin The Armed Intervention with Gundam

Return to “Samurai Sentai Shinkenger”