Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Re: Shinkenger 47 released

Post by archer9234 »

They had to make her likable, because she had already two things going againts her. Female lead = loses kids, and making Takeru turn into a lie and nothing.
TG23
Gabu
Dreamy: Hell Wolf-kun
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Killing You Guys

Post by TG23 »

Man I thought this was a very powerful episode. Seeing all of the Kurokos of the manison show their loyality to Takeru was great. Kaoru was great too. Understanding what she unintentionally put them through and throughout her first appearance she was defending their decisions and understanding of them. It was nice she finally vocalized it to Tanba and so Genta could finally understand her position in it all and where she stood. Also the Harisen was inevitable. Daiyuu getting hit like that was really unexpected but makes alot of sense since they wanted to create despair and suffering in the Human World to fill the Sanzu. Juuzo had a great final scene and it was intense how Uramasa stopped him. But Ryuunosuke was the most powerful to me this episode. Finally calling Takeru by his name rather then lord. And when he says "Now and forever!", it was really moving in how he said it. Good stuff this episode.
OMAETACHI, KOROCHU!
ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM
Faiz
Favorite series: Garo/Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Kabuto/Blade
Dreamy: Takanashi Rin
Favorite Band: Too many to list
My boom: Gundam
Quote: We're not tools of the government or anyone elses. Fighting was the only thing i was good at, but at least i fought for what i believed in.-Gray Fox

Post by ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM »

Great to see the got the Kajiki fisherman Kuroko to come back in order to help Ryuunousuke overcome his torn state of mind.

Nice to see Tanba get owned some more, still puzzles me how a giant paper fan was able to keep him down lol.

Kaoru is just more likable and now she realizes how much trouble she caused by revealing herself to be the true head of the Shiba clan. I like how she accepts Genta's help too.

Although we didn't get enough fighting as usual, it builds up nicely now that Doukoku is back and pissed off. Hang in there Shinkengers!!
We Begin The Armed Intervention with Gundam
Zazelle
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Shiraishi Mako
Favorite Actor?: Shirota Yu
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Zazelle »

archer9234 wrote:They had to make her likable, because she had already two things going againts her. Female lead = loses kids, and making Takeru turn into a lie and nothing.
I don't think the first one is really an issue nowadays, kids are a lot more understanding and open to change this days. And there have been a lot of Female leads in the past, even though they weren't red. Examples:

TimePink
NinjaWhite
GekiYellow (She was the team's captain)

And I'm sure there are more
kaemmerite
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: JRPGs

Post by kaemmerite »

This was a great episode...but to me, what really made the scene with Takeru accepting the bonds he had formed with the other Shinkengers, was the fact that Uramasa didn't disappear until after he had done that. That up until that point, he still could have turned into another Juuzou.

Maybe that wasn't intentional and I'm looking too hard into it, but that's how I took it anyway. I actually was kind of wondering if he would fall to Gedou, I know that with the ending coming up if he had it would probably have only lasted an episode, but it still would've been neat. Not that I'm disappointed by what really happened, not at all. It was very well done.
Raqib
Adventure
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Yu-Gi-Oh!
Dreamy: All of Super Sentai
Favorite Actor?: All of Super Sentai
My boom: Disgaea 3
Quote: Anoose juice

Post by Raqib »

TG23 wrote:Taiyuu getting hit like that was really unexpected but makes alot of sense since they wanted to create despair and suffering in the Human World to fill the Sanzu.
Fix'd.
Zazelle wrote:
archer9234 wrote:They had to make her likable, because she had already two things going againts her. Female lead = loses kids, and making Takeru turn into a lie and nothing.
I don't think the first one is really an issue nowadays, kids are a lot more understanding and open to change this days. And there have been a lot of Female leads in the past, even though they weren't red. Examples:

TimePink
NinjaWhite
GekiYellow (She was the team's captain)

And I'm sure there are more
GekiYellow was the technical captain, yes, but you have to learn to read in between the lines; she was not the lead by any means.

I don't know about TimePink or NinjaWhite, so I can't say for sure, but I'm pretty sure the same would apply for them.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Well, we're talking about leaders anyway. If you want to be technical, Kaoru isn't a lead either, she's just a character that showed up 40 something episodes in. What we're talking about is a female who is leader of the group. That doesn't necessarily equate to them being the star of the show
Raqib
Adventure
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Yu-Gi-Oh!
Dreamy: All of Super Sentai
Favorite Actor?: All of Super Sentai
My boom: Disgaea 3
Quote: Anoose juice

Post by Raqib »

takenoko wrote:Well, we're talking about leaders anyway. If you want to be technical, Kaoru isn't a lead either, she's just a character that showed up 40 something episodes in. What we're talking about is a female who is leader of the group. That doesn't necessarily equate to them being the star of the show
Well no, that's not what I meant. Even after Ran became "captain", Jan still seemed to be much more of a leader. Maybe it's just me.
Same case with Kaoru/Takeru; the retainers ultimately chose who they wanted to be the "leader"
Fobo911
Go Go!
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: Kotoha-chan!
Favorite Actor?: Suzuka Morita
My boom: Girls
Quote: "The average person has one ovary and one testicle."

Post by Fobo911 »

So Sakutaro the fisherman came back for an appearance.

We need Richard Brown to do so as well! It'd be interesting to see him make a humorous yet serious contribution to the upcoming battle.

Also, the Takeru crying scene was very touching.

Regarding Uramasa disappearing after Takeru's realization, I wonder if Takeru would have been able to pull it off Juuzo's foot back then and then make the final blow, continuing the path to Gedou...
"The average person has one ovary and one testicle."
-Psychology textbook
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

There's no i in Tayuu or Usukawadayuu
HIDragonstar
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Garo, Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Fuuma no Kojiro
Dreamy: Kaoru, Kotoha,Wakana

Post by HIDragonstar »

Very emotional episode, that really ties together several threads from all the episodes. I especially liked seeing the Kuroku from episode 7. I always wondered why they paid so much attention to him in that episode, but its nice to see a continuation of a person. I had to rewatch that episode again.

I loved seeing everyone put their emotions and thoughts on the line for Takeru. (Although, part of me was screaming for Kotoha to say what she really feels toward Takeru... if she felt that way...)

Well.. the BBBG is back and can't wait to see how Kaoru will act against him. With all the trouble she up the group through, she better be worth it. Although a part of me wants her to fail spectacularly just so that Tanba would shut up. It seems that all he is focused is on how great she is. While she is great as a POTENTIAL leader, I still don't know how to look at her 'combat' capability, since Juuzo didn't pick her out at all.

Strange thing though this episode, I seemed to find something weird about Kotoha's legs. Can't seem to figure it out. For some reason either they are more 'attractive', (but she's worn that outfit before). Or something about them is bothering me... can't figure it out.
People say that the real world isn't black or white, its shades of gray. I prefer to think its a rainbow spectrum, when any color is dark enough, its black, when any color is light enough, its white. Yet, there is a spectrum of cultures and values.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

HOLY FUCKING SHIT THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!

That is all.
Deka_Hero
Humongous
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Quote: I DEMAND THINGS TO BE AWESOME! - Michel Bay

Post by Deka_Hero »

HIDragonstar wrote: Strange thing though this episode, I seemed to find something weird about Kotoha's legs. Can't seem to figure it out. For some reason either they are more 'attractive', (but she's worn that outfit before). Or something about them is bothering me... can't figure it out.
Yeah, she has worn that Black shorts with black tight's outfit previously. That those floppy top shoes as well.
Why must she be such a Little Black Dress?
That Guy
Save the life
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Post by That Guy »

Deka_Hero wrote:
HIDragonstar wrote: Strange thing though this episode, I seemed to find something weird about Kotoha's legs. Can't seem to figure it out. For some reason either they are more 'attractive', (but she's worn that outfit before). Or something about them is bothering me... can't figure it out.
Yeah, she has worn that Black shorts with black tight's outfit previously. That those floppy top shoes as well.
Why must she be such a Little Black Dress?
Because romantic relationships aren't that important to the plot, maybe?
Even if she's an LBD, though, KotohaXJuuzo is still a Crack Pairing, I don't care what anybody says to the contrary.

Yay, it was nice to see that random guy who helped seal Kajiki Origami, which they have since used only in the compound Samurai Gattais (pluralized for clarity), make his dramatic return. How convenient that he happened to be the one in the room, and the ONLY one in the room, when Ryunosuke needed someone like him. Ah well, that's all too common.

So, Kaoru recognizes that she doesn't have the bond with her teammates like Takeru does. I like her. When she was introduced I was expecting her to be all cocky and pompous and an all around jerk, like Tanba, but she actually understands the position she's put the team in. And hooray for knocking out Tanba. ^_^ Here's hoping that we see both ShinkenReds on the battlefield together next time with the rest of the team. Because they really do need all the help they can get, so two ShinkenReds should hardly be an issue to anybody (except Tanba).

Also. Juuzo's dead. Finally. I wonder where Karahashi Mitsuru's (the actor) gonna show up next. And Doukoku is back. Again. Awesomeness will ensue.
TG23
Gabu
Dreamy: Hell Wolf-kun
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Killing You Guys

Post by TG23 »

Alright, first off I just gotta get this off my chest:
Raqib12 wrote:
TG23 wrote:Taiyuu getting hit like that was really unexpected but makes alot of sense since they wanted to create despair and suffering in the Human World to fill the Sanzu.
Fix'd.
I HATE when people do that. Let's just leave that stuff on 4chan or 2chan okay?

Anyways I would still consider Kaoru as the leader at this point just because I've always looked at the title of "leader" from the technical standpoint. While she isn't the person the team looks up to or the one that connects the team together or inspires the team to move forward or the spiritual leader; she's still the head of the Shiba clan and ultimately the one in charge and in the hierarchy of things; the one on top.

All and all I think they did a great job with Kaoru. When I first saw her my suspension of disbelief broke and I was thinking "ugh, cameo from random actor" type of deal. But the fact they kept her from being a pushy or bossy princess really helped. Like others have commented on in the past, she really had a presence or air around her that was very similar to the old Takeru. And although we all hate Tanba, he help set the princess apart from his notations of loyalty and service and, from the get go, showed her as a sincere person but well aware of her position which means she has to act accordingly to her role as Lord. Even if she didn't talk all that much at the beginning. And like old Takeru, when you did finally see those notations of her caring about the others and other things like her saying "thanks" or asking for their help; it had a very nice impact despite the fact she's only been on for a few episodes. It'll be interesting to see how they wrap all of this up.
Last edited by TG23 on Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OMAETACHI, KOROCHU!

Return to “Samurai Sentai Shinkenger”