Shinkenger 49 released (Read first post)

Kinda like ninjas, but not
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Go-Onger | Shinkenger | Goseiger >
Fobo911
Go Go!
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: Kotoha-chan!
Favorite Actor?: Suzuka Morita
My boom: Girls
Quote: "The average person has one ovary and one testicle."

Re: Shinkenger 49 released (Read first post)

Post by Fobo911 »

Deka_Hero wrote:They never really said what Kotoha was gonna do now (i assume she'll go back home to the woods)
Well, when she asked when Ryuunosuke would do a kabuki show in Kyoto so that she and her sister can watch, I can only assume that she'll probably take care of her sister in Kyoto.

I just want to say that I really like the Shinkenger soundtrack. I was listening to basically all the songs available (while waiting for the finale to come up in the torrents), and I definitely felt that the farewell song would be perfect for a goodbye (and I was right, hehe). I think this soundtrack would be hard to beat in my opinion.

I was a bit surprised that Genta was still in the cockpit when Tenkuu-ShinkenOh came by since we usually see that mecha with only five spots in the cockpit. But after it downgraded to ShinkenOh, I just thought, "Ah, forget it."

One thing that I really took notice of was how Takeru only replied (and said a form of goodbye) to Mako, out of the five leaving characters. It seems fitting considering that Mako, out of the vassals, knows Takeru best.
Last edited by Fobo911 on Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The average person has one ovary and one testicle."
-Psychology textbook
Mr Boo Boo
Infinity
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger
Favorite Band: M-Flo, Bennie K
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Post by Mr Boo Boo »

i have truly enjoyed every min of Shinkenger and i am sadden that it ended. many thanks for everyone that worked on subbing another fine series. thank you TV-Nihon.
Fidchell
Anime skin is so smooth
Favorite series: Evangelion
2nd Favorite Series: Digimon 01
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: .hack//

Post by Fidchell »

Loved the series, The overkills and the suicides.

The feelings in this episode were so flowing and strong. I was, as most people here are, saddened to see a great series like this end. You know...

BTW.. everybody is wondering how can she be arranged married and nobody wonders how can she legally adopt a child who is older than her? I mean if she is capable of adopting children then why not an arranged marriage?

Suicide kill is so like Takeru. As somebody already said it reminded me of juuzo.

Surprisingly no human monster turned human, rather they stayed monster and died monster! *shock*

It really did hit me when Tanba mentioned how big the place was, since we really did get used to seeing everybody squirming in the mansion, I mean 5 people make the yard look small but when you saw the shots of the mansion when nobody was around... it was a HUGE place!

It was pretty sad to see everybody leave, one by one, with that sad dance and song going around... but I couldn't help but think how rude they were for leaving while Ryunousuke was dancing, almost made me think that they could not bear it and had to leave because of that. (Sorry to everybody who feels dislike toward me for killing a sad scene this way but it's true)

Edit: Oh I almost forgot. Thank you TV nihon for subbing this Super-chocolately awesome series of power ranger. I dare say this is the best one I've watched!

PS: For the guy who referenced oogy from Nightmare before Christmas.. I want my cookie!
Shado Kabuto
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Faiz Kabuto Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O Deka Magi Bou

Post by Shado Kabuto »

what a great episode the fight scenes to the atmosphere of the battle was emotionally epic. A nice end to an amazing sentai series.
I walk the path of HEAVENS
Thanks Guile for the Kabuto Avy's and Signatures
thanks bauffie for the sig.
ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM
Faiz
Favorite series: Garo/Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Kabuto/Blade
Dreamy: Takanashi Rin
Favorite Band: Too many to list
My boom: Gundam
Quote: We're not tools of the government or anyone elses. Fighting was the only thing i was good at, but at least i fought for what i believed in.-Gray Fox

Post by ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM »

Fidchell wrote: Edit: Oh I almost forgot. Thank you TV nihon for subbing this Super-chocolately awesome series of power ranger. I dare say this is the best one I've watched!
errr what??
Fobo911 wrote: I was a bit surprised that Genta was still in the cockpit when Tenkuu-ShinkenOh came by since we usually see that mecha with only five spots in the cockpit. But after it downgraded to ShinkenOh, I just thought, "Ah, forget it."
My thoughts exactly, least they changed the Zen Samurai emblem on the walls to the regular Shiba emblem.
We Begin The Armed Intervention with Gundam
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

I was hoping for a different resolution than just brute force. That method gets the job done but I really hoped for a twist like some unanticipated side effects from Doukoku absorbing Tayuu. Doukoku becoming a half-breed Gedoushuu had a lot of interesting possibilities.

I could see that the double Rekka Daizantou was supposed to be cool but I couldn't really suspend my disbelief because some of the choreography was a little too awkward for me.

The giant battle was off to a good start but I was disappointed when they essentially repeated the same strategy used a few minutes earlier to handle Doukoku's first life.

Kotoha was pretty funny when she was carrying that bundle on her back like a refugee.
zheyao
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Hibiki
My boom: One Piece

Post by zheyao »

Well, another Sentai series ends, only for another one to begin soon after.

The ending definitely felt bittersweet and incomplete, having all the characters split up and go on with their separate lives, thus slightly hinting that the hasn't actually "ended" yet.

Love the splash at the end, with all the characters wearing traditional clothing.
EndlessWaltz24
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: Hirata Yuka (Mele)
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by EndlessWaltz24 »

Hey, sorry here too Azazel, but doesn't Ryuu say "Italy" and not "Holland" at the end? Meh, it's nothing that important, but I was just like "hey, that's not holland's flag either." Anyways, on to the episode:

-This episode was such a nice way to end the series that I had to watch it twice to get the full effect of it lol.

-I was sorta tearing up the first time as everyone was leaving at the end, but dang... I was really ready to cry after watching it a second time T.T

-I agree with everyone else that I wish there was more to it for the ending of everyone since it was pretty much a one-liner for everyone, but still, it gave a very nice, and oddly realistic, closure for everyone because, truth be told, they all had a life before the events in the show took place, so it was like, "Well, back to our lives."

-I was so relieved to not see the ed credits be shown like usual like in previous sentais, and instead, just roll in with the final scene because, seriously, idk 'bout the rest of you, but that is like a major mood-killer for me at the end the other series.

-These last few eps, Tanba getting hit on the fan has cracked me up to no end so seeing the epic fan hit at the end was so funny for me.

-Suitless roll-call, always there, but it's like a must-have and it was done very well XD

-Finally, fight choreography (double rekka daizantou and suicide mecha charge) was awesome! I was just thinking "MAJOR PWN" when those crazy moments happened.

So sad to see Shinkenger end (but then again, I've always been sad with the end of every sentai series cuz you have fun for a year with each series before they have to inevitably finish), but I hope that Goseiger is fun too!
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

ViRGE wrote:I hate to do this to you Azazel, but the HD encode is bugged once more. 21:35 at the scene change, the IVTC goes bad until the episode ends and it cuts to the Goseiger promo.

Good episode though, and thanks to all the TV-N staff for another great year of subbing Sentai.:)

for once thats not me, this is off a clean raw at 23.976 fps, so no there wont be a V2 for this one, sorry, but its not my fault this time.
EndlessWaltz24 wrote:Hey, sorry here too Azazel, but doesn't Ryuu say "Italy" and not "Holland" at the end? Meh, it's nothing that important, but I was just like "hey, that's not holland's flag either."
why on earth you apologising to me? that doesnt make sense. we know about the mistake, probably wont be fixed, if it does, itll be many moons before then
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
EndlessWaltz24
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Dreamy: Hirata Yuka (Mele)
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by EndlessWaltz24 »

Lolz, too true. It's pretty late in the night and I'm clearly not thinking straight XP
whirlingstorm06
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Dreamy: Shiraishi Mako
Favorite Band: Yuki Kajiura

Post by whirlingstorm06 »

isn't it that takeru mentioned in ep 48 that anyone can apparently use the special disk? the line goes "i'm not even shiba and said that even he can use the disk apparently". so it means that anyone can use the disk and have the same effect.

shitari surviving makes me feel that he's coming back in the vs. betwee gosei and shinken. and by then, the writers should kill him properly. along with long (geki) in the 35th anniv.

i teared up when all of them left the mansion especially when jii said "has it been this spacious?"

thanks a lot to tv-nihon for subbing this great series.
===
"if you know that something is wrong, point it out. heaven knows it needs an intervention."
Mr. Gone
I am not a number. I am an individual!
I am not a number. I am an individual!
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Boukenger
Dreamy: Nao Nagasawa
Favorite Actor?: Will Smith
Favorite Band: Boyz II Men
My boom: World Of Warcraft

Post by Mr. Gone »

Long time lurker, first time poster. I just wanna say thanks for subbing this kick-ass series. I loved every second of it. Boukenger has finally been dethroned as my favorite Sentai series. Here's hoping that Goseiger can even attempt to come close to Shinkenger's level of awesomeness.
Admiration is the emotion farthest from comprehension
-Sousuke Aizen
Barim
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: SS: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: KR: Ryuki
Favorite Band: Queen
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Barim »

(Had to kill the quote, was giving problems, it was Take-sama's post with the flags picture)

I'll watch it once the HD has finished, but I clearly remember the lowest line being green. Still, our flag would work slightly better in the joke then the Italian, if it wasn't for the fact our flag is probably much less known and so not as easily recognized.

Back to the episode, it's the second series I watched and finished live on TV-Nihon. And once again awesome choreography in the final episode. Let's just hope the movie doesn't show the same choreography again this time...

Subs were still as nice as always. [snip] It really makes me miss all the extra things you do. Very nice and just continue like that.

Right, HD in. Still looks very green to me...

Addition: It emphasized how much work you put in your releases, how is that a bad thing? Besides, it makes little sense now...
Last edited by Barim on Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Spoiler
Once the Heron to set his path,
Twice the Heron to name him true,
Once the Dragon for remembrance lost,
Twice the Dragon for the price he must pay.
demino555
7X
Favorite series: Kamen rider AGITO
2nd Favorite Series: kamen rider W
Dreamy: Natsumikan
Favorite Band: J-rock
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: nasuverse
Quote: "Do you have the courage to ride with the devil?"

Post by demino555 »

I really just wanna thank TVN for subbing this series. I started with gekirangers, go-ongers, boukengers and finally shinkengers.

I absolutely loved the last episode. I liked the start more when they went all dynasty warrior on those nanashi renchu.

Double rekka daizantou was just awesome in my opinion.

Last but not the least, I wish they referenced to Kaoru being Takeru's legal mom more, it would've been funny.

PS. Was a Kotoha fan only starting that episode where Takeru had to act as her butler. Almost went over to fanboy when I saw her luggage XD.
My power is EXTREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEME!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Sorry, I deleted my post when I rewatched the video and realized it was green and not blue. I can repost my picture if you want. Really, the Holland flag makes more sense as a joke

Edit:
Here's the picture I had up before realizing the flag color was green. As you can see, I thought the joke was the France flag was sideways:

Return to “Samurai Sentai Shinkenger”