Forum rules
Wiki Link

< DaiRanger | MegaRanger | TimeRanger >
jonty
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

MegaRanger 19 Released

Post by jonty »

If I had a dime for every time I inadvertently punched a kid in the face, I'd have a fortune.

If I had a dime for every time I inadvertently punched a kid named Takeshi in the face, I'd have an even bigger fortune. Logical fallacy?!

In this episode, Kenta inadvertently punches a kid named Takeshi in the face. AND he doesn't get a dime for it.

Spoiler
Behind the scenes of fansubbing!

I was so bloody happy that Javious was back in this episode. I made an awesome automated script to do his dialogue effect, and I haven't been able to use it in months. The little things make me happy!

The "Boxing Gym" sign, surprisingly, took a long time to do. Too bad that a) I sorta picked a crappy font and b) it's on screen for all of 1 second. See, it looks like just a bit of text just plopped down, but I had rotate and do perspective correction. AND because no one thought to use a bloody tripod, I had to shift it around to match the shaking. I swear, it's like they purposely taped the show without taking into consideration that someone would have to typeset the English translation of it later!

Also, take originally had MegaRed's powerup as "Battlizer" instead of "Battle Riser". Good thing I fixed that one, amirite?
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: MegaRanger 19 Released

Post by Phoenix512 »

The new commander goes the route of being cowardly in his plans as he uses children as human shields. I always knew that kids will screw us all but luckily that they managed to overcome the annoyances and save the day again.
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

Megaranger putting uppity Japanese kids in their place.

Well PR: in Space was the first to premiere the Battlizer I guess they thought it was the next logical step from the Battle Riser. I guess Kenta's been watch alot of Showa era Rider's if he's yelling out his punches & chops. That would've been epic if Battlizer had been left in. :P
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

The camera is on a tripod. The film shakes when a cut is done in the older series. My favorite secondary item the Battle Riser. I never like how 01 did two moves. It should of been 01 and 02, for punch and chop. Kenta punching a kid in the check, cuts his top head. Bad filming error.
Kamen Rider Ookalf
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Kamen Rider Ookalf »

archer9234 wrote:The camera is on a tripod. The film shakes when a cut is done in the older series. My favorite secondary item the Battle Riser. I never like how 01 did two moves. It should of been 01 and 02, for punch and chop. Kenta punching a kid in the check, cuts his top head. Bad filming error.
Actually, it looked to me like he pushed 02 when he did the Riser Chop. SFX still say 01, though.
Silentwolfdog
Save the life
Favorite series: Garo (and many more)
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Iljimae 枝梅
Quote: I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Post by Silentwolfdog »

Oh aw, what a sweet ending. Got me teary. Dunno just having kid's admired superhero coming personally to apologize to kid even though kid already said he forgives him is just awesome.

It's great that he doesn't hold grudge like that.
Showa wa yume ga atta jidai dakedo, ima wa yume ga nai
jonty
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by jonty »

archer9234 wrote:The camera is on a tripod. The film shakes when a cut is done in the older series. My favorite secondary item the Battle Riser. I never like how 01 did two moves. It should of been 01 and 02, for punch and chop. Kenta punching a kid in the check, cuts his top head. Bad filming error.
Yeah, I actually realized that after I wrote my post, but I thought my unfounded ire would be funnier if I left it.

As Ookalf said, I do believe that 02 is supposed to be for chop. I think it was an error on the SFX guy's part.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

01 is for all punchs and kicks. 02 and 03 are for future stuff

Return to “Sentai-Denji Sentai MegaRanger”